Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Misc
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Misc Misc

Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM

Robbeh has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Wyvern Wiki?

So are there any plans to conglomerate all the Wyvern help sites and manual into one massive user friendly, all accessible Wiki?

Personally, I find Wiki's to be today's easiest way of getting around. The formatting is pretty simple, the only annoying thing is having lengthy debates in the Talk pages. Wiki is also pretty flexible and it allows everyone to add information and edit information. Problems can occur in deformation/vandalism, which can be solved by moderators locking the page for protection.

However, I have come to known that a Wiki can be quite hard to set up independently (I have no idea about how to, looked at the download list and closed by browser).

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

As each help site is run independently, I doubt they will pull together to form one wiki although an attempt has been mad by several. Anyway, this subject has been talked to death, Wikipedia even removed information on wyvern once.

Also, how is this a development for Wyvern, all it does is give information on an Already delveloped wyvern and is more of a suggestion really, one we have all heard numerous times.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

Plus there is also the risk of Q/I being leeked out on the sight and well that wouldnt be very good would it?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:15 AM

Wikipedia removed Wyvern because of notability (see Wikipedia:Notability (web) or WP:WEB). They require a large consensus (popularity) in a game notability before they recognize it as such - thus the fallibility of Wikipedia (see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Wyvern (online game)).

The fact is there will always be branching fansites and help-sites, the question is will there ever be a unifying conglomeration into an official manual (let the community create its own pages - etc). The great thing about a Wiki is that it enables a great deal of roleplay, something most RPGs lack. Thus, developing the game. See, the problem with games is that players do no seek to embellish themselves in the environment of the game, rather talk candidly in modern terms (note: Rhialto changed the "shout" to "ooc"/"rp"). I challenge you to think of the last time someone has decided to create a character, not just an avatar. It has all become a competition in grinding, item seeking and hoarding gold. Whilst a Wiki will not be the be all and end all solution to encourage roleplaying within the community, it can do a lot to do that. It can encourage fictitious histories of creatures (etc..) and if we allow the creation of player pages -- then the opportunities are endless.

Last edited by Robbeh : 04-17-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbeh
I challenge you to think of the last time someone has decided to create a character, not just an avatar.
Fredd role plays a lot.
Nightswift plays differently on each character.
Nemoku played his story very well.

The Wizards sometimes do a slight role play with each other and in shouts.
I Myself have a entire background for Salkand, leading up to the now. A lot of players have a history of their character planned out.

Several Nameless people log in a day and would role play, although usually they were just lv ones who role played being great. (ya'll know who/what I mean)

I role play a lot, not usually in shouts myself but I like to take fancy from time to time.

A player named Zeke always...kind of Role Played with me.

Every clan of Wyvern role playes to an extent, except the joke clans. There are a lot of people who role Play in wyvern.

Role playing exsist in wyvern if you know how to find it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM

A CHALLENGER AS APPEARED!
:P

Still -- I find there was rarely any roleplaying. Anyway, it'll be a nice chance to give LQ monsters some flare.