Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I recreated MAH once in Minecraft.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
mine cant even be the same but mine i have no doubt will be up way before the end of the year unlike wyvern.
So...

It's not going to be any good. :|
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default wow

lol fools fyi im not telling any of you what it will be called or anything and i dont care if your like "oh yeah, boohoo like we care"
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Player Mod

Therefore he can't prove anyone wrong.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If he was as really as good at coding, and as 'experienced' at it as he says he is, he wouldn't be looking for validation of his 'efforts' before producing any viewable results. Also, I'll have to agree with Tesh, in that coders tend to be very meticulous about their spelling and grammar, as one mistake in coding could result in you having to check hundreds or even thousands of lines of code to fix it, depending on the complexity of the project of course.

It's actually part of the reason I don't code all that much anymore, I'm notorious for typo's.

Last edited by Clubbz : 01-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

I was waiting for the excuse as to why nobody will ever be able to see proof of the 13 year old's far out claim. No offense, Josiah, I'm sure this all very personal to you, but I (and probably a lot of people here) have had this exact conversation with people your age many times before and your behavior is textbook at this point. Hence why nobody believes you and never will. So please, just drop it before you dig yourself into a deeper hole.

Mind you, I say that knowing it's extremely unlikely that you will as the 13 year olds who make these kinds of wild claims hate to have their claims challenged. I get it, people probably treat you like a dumb kid a lot of the time and you desperately want to feel like you're more than that so you convince yourself that you're capable of something far beyond your years. I'm sure you really believe that you could learn to create a MMO in short order and when people challenged that belief, you fell into the classic pattern of claiming that it was already under way, thinking that would validate your claim and that it didn't matter because you could get to where you claimed to be in this "project" anyway. However, having no concept of what is truly involved in making a MMO you made claims about how far along you were that were too out there. So, now you need an excuse as to why people won't be seeing it in your indicated time frame. If we were your parents, you'd probably repeatedly say some unexpected issues came up that delayed you. But since it's the internet you can just "punish" the people who are challenging you by letting them ever see proof of how great you are (and, indeed, you'd have to an amazing genius to be able to program a MMO from scratch at your age).

Again, I know it's extremely unlikely you will take any of this to heart and I'm sure if you reply at all you'll do so by again stating that nobody here knows you, but do yourself a favor and lower your expectations. You don't have to be capable of the impossible at your age. If game creation is really something that interests you, that's fine to pursue. Just be prepared for years and years of hard work before you get the kind of validation you seek and understand that maybe it won't work out for you. In which case, you'll have find something else to focus your efforts on.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I wish I would have gotten that speech when I was 13..
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
I wish I would have gotten that speech when I was 13..
You probably did. Didn't work any better on you than it will on him.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM

Good point.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
You probably did. Didn't work any better on you than it will on him.
I laughed.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM

If i'm being honest I did too
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 AM

Default oookkkaay

i was barely reading any of that but you guys think im like the opposite of what i am i wanna make a game cause i wanna play wyvern again and ive always wanted to play a game that i can change stuff i dont like whenever i want instead of just telling admins..... and not like trying to prove myself or whatever you were saying(as I said I only skipped through everything)
Old 01-14-2013, 03:28 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

So you don't have the attention span to read all of that?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
i was barely reading any of that but you guys think im like the opposite of what i am i wanna make a game cause i wanna play wyvern again and ive always wanted to play a game that i can change stuff i dont like whenever i want instead of just telling admins..... and not like trying to prove myself or whatever you were saying(as I said I only skipped through everything)
ur lke so rightt ppl alwayz judge me when i tell them im a brain sturgeon n i tottlly dont no y so mean n lke stuff hay queston whns the right time to use a peeriod?? youd thunk is no cuz i speek all the langugues eva made but 4 some reeson it aluminates me
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM

I miss this wonderful comedy, that was a good lol Arilou.

I just don't get why he is still fighting..he can't possibly win.

Especially against this one *Points up*
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM

looool i already won you have no argument against me your just saying random stuff to make me feel bad just like all other computer nerds

especially the admins that were in wyvern the had or have no lives..... they played it all day every day nonstop..... you consider that a life?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

if you were even able to recreate the game, you wouldn't have a life because you'd have to work all day every day nonstop to get it up and running...

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
looool i already won you have no argument against me your just saying random stuff to make me feel bad just like all other computer nerds

especially the admins that were in wyvern the had or have no lives..... they played it all day every day nonstop..... you consider that a life?
You do realize how incredibly stupid you make yourself look right? You pay no attention to your grammar or punctuation, yet you claim to be so experienced that you can code a wyvern clone in virtually no time. A task which requires proper typing, an eye for detail, and being very scrutinating about your own spelling with the inclusion of special characters.

Not to mention the young age you claim to be capable of this feat at, as though your some child prodigy. Also, the fact that you claim to have 'won' an 'argument' that you've already said you didn't read makes it clear you're as ignorant and arrogant as is possible to be.

There is also the matter of saying the admins had no lives. They indeed had lives of their own, and weren't on wyvern as much as you obviously think they were. Ever stop to think that maybe they had the same spare-time schedule as you? Or I could point out the fact that to claim that all they did was play wyvern all day, means you had to have played an equal amount of time to prove it. So either you have no life like you claim of others, or you're just grasping at straws like an internet troll.

At the end of it all Josiah, you're just trolling at this point. You claim not to care what any of us think, and yet here you are again and again posting retorts. If you really don't care, then just go away.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM

Default I give up

I give up on you idiots
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
internet troll.
You hit the nail on the head.