Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Just a thought, i know will never happen

I know the forums aren't used as much as they used to be, and nothing will most likely come of this idea, but I just wanted to get it down in words before it fell out of my head. This is just an idea for a new guild, I know it will never be put in but I wanted to say it.

New guild: Dark Knights

Description: Dark knights are castoffs from regular society, disliked by most people, and for good reason. These knights have meddled in dark arts that give incredible power for a price, they lose they're physical readiness and sanity in the process. Dark knights are some of the most feared warriors there are, but are often the root of their own downfall through the use of their own self-injuring techniques.

Guild bonuses:
+1 polearms skill per guild level
+5 death element
-10 life element
-5 to all elements but life and death
-5 incantation and conjuration(due to the guild only spells being most likely evocations or enchantments)

Access to Dark shops which would sell a variety of lances(and such), dark armor, and perhaps even guild exclusive dark spells(low lore)

An hp bonus which could range anywhere from 60% to 80% total which would result in a 6-8% bonus per guild level

-10% death resist upon joining the guild due to the use of dark arts. The vulnerability would go away 1% per guild level due to the warriors body getting used to the conditions and would leave the player with normal death resist at top guild level.

-5 merchant due to being disliked by shopkeepers

Access to a dark only skill Lunge, the warrior charges forward for a stronger than normal attack, can only be used once per minute and requires the player to be one square away from the target to have enough room to lunge forward.

Well thats my main idea, but i also have one guild spell or guild skill that could be used in conjunction with the above idea.

Dark blade: Theres two ways this could be 'implemented'

Way one:The warrior uses a portion of their hp at the beginning to temporarily add magic damage to their attacks(dark or death if possible)

Way two: The warrior gradually loses hp while attacking in exchange for enhanced attack.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

Meh..probably one of the better ideas for a new guild i've ever seen. All the other ones i've seen have been recycled over and over..and they're usually pretty stupid.

I approve = P
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Klodin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Nice idea, a bit difficult to implement in wyvern. It's a good suggestion for other games though. Only real major problem I see is that the ranger guild is pretty much already just that.

The skills will be nearly impossible to do since wyvern just doesn't work that way. Players will have to be recoded to support action abilities. The second one is easier. If I might make a suggestion, it might be better to use a completely guild specific weapon-set with the effect of draining your health per critical, but with improved critical damage.

It could be a weapon type (examples: blood sword, blood whip, etc.) or a completely unique weapon set in itself (Examples: Shuriken, wrist blade, etc.)

Maybe a unrestricted more powerful version can be available in Theregrim.

Dark Blade (3000000) (Damned)
"A slender blade of black metal. It is extremely cold to the touch."

Whenever this weapon criticals, it casts death upon the target (versus death resistance of course). When successful, you lose half your life rounded up.
That way it won't affect pk or lqs.

Last edited by Klodin : 04-18-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM

Axorz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hmmm, I agree with klodin, most of the bonuses + negs are fer rangers guild. Other than that the rest as in the shops, polearm, that's a great idea clubbz! I hope they have that in Wyvern 2
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 AM

Ariful has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

good job... lol one of the better guild posts :P i dont think so