Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Fall 2013

Coming and going, it is.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Who said anything about the fall of 2013 having any significance? Rhialto said this fall and like I said before, it's not fall in Australia until next year. Also, I'm pretty sure fall is still a decade away on Rhialto's home planet (its seasons are like those of Westeros).
Old 11-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Arilou does have a point. R did say FALL. He didn't say anything about Fall 2013 or even 2014. My best bet would be Fall of 2015 at the earliest. I gotta keep my hopes up.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:50 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Ahem,

Wow, guys.
'After the website static content is back online, I'll work on getting the game running. I am aiming for Fall 2013.'
Old 11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

That is from http://wyvern-web.appspot.com/ Still doesn't say which planet though.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Forum Admin

According to what calendar? If we go by the Ethiopian calendar, it's 2006 right now, so that would mean you have a few years to go. But, if we go by the Coptic calendar we're currently in the year 1730, so you better hope he wasn't referring to the Coptic year. Although, it's not so bad as the Armenian calendar, under which the current year is 1462 or even the Juche calendar, (aka the one used in North Korea) under which the current year is 102. And, of course, I'm pretty sure the calendar used on Rhialto's home planet has a negative number for its current year, so you really better hope that wasn't the calendar he had in mind.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I didn't realize it was april already.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Forum Admin

It's always April if you want it to be; this concept of breaking a year down into months with different names is just a convention of particular social groups. So, who's to say it's wrong to start a new trend where there's only one month in a year and that month is called April or that there are the same number of months that you're familiar with but they're all called the same thing? Heck, why stop there? If you want to call a chair a bed or a french fry an apple, you should be able to do so, I say.

So join the Ariolution and say no to being told that there should a uniform way of identifying things so that you actually make sense to others. Chaos is where it's at my friends. In fact, I just heard that Rhialto is an inaugural member of my movement and has decided that "fall" should mean "never."
Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 PM

Fall does not mean never. Never is too certain. It removes all possibility of hope. Fall is certain to come, but the actual moment is unknown. The chance of fall appearing on any particular day is exactly 1/∞.

There is always hope in the Arilouean universe. I think fall is coming tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
Fall does not mean never. Never is too certain. It removes all possibility of hope. Fall is certain to come, but the actual moment is unknown. The chance of fall appearing on any particular day is exactly 1/∞.

There is always hope in the Arilouean universe. I think fall is coming tomorrow.
You apparently didn't read the Megaupdate Thread where Rhialto said the game is never coming back.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodlove View Post
You apparently didn't read the Megaupdate Thread where Rhialto said the game is never coming back.
Okay, so we need to talk semantics. R said "Wyvern" is not coming back. This would include all cabochon owned data ("Wyvern" trademark, copyrights (writing, music, and possibly some art), player characters, and codebase).

Then he said the game should be ready in the summer. Not-Wyvern would have new music, the same core game mechanics (with minor changes), and the wizard owned content (assuming they are willing to release it to the new game).

Hope exists! Fall is still coming. It has only had a temporarily name-change to 'summer'. Summer is a better name anyhow. It sounds more hopeful, and much more likely to occur. The chance of summer occurring on any particular day must be around a trillion/∞.

I think summer might come tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Forum Admin

Are you sure "summer" doesn't mean "ahahahahahaha! What a bunch of dorks!"
Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Player Mod

I thought Summer meant, "That's a healthy amount of time, I don't need to start until the end of Spring."