Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation
Default Chat Event

Hey, so awhile ago I proposed setting up a chat event where everyone could gather at a specific time to reminisce and talk about the state of the game or whatever. I didn't get much of a response, so I never bothered. However, I am planning to send out a mass email to all 900+ forum members for something in very near future (possibly even today) and I thought this might a good opportunity to broach the chat event idea again as I can promote it in that same mass email.

At present, I am thinking that December 30th would be a good day for this as it falls on a weekend when most people have their winter break. But if you have a better day in mind, let me know and also let me know what times you think would work best for you. Is midday good? Evening? How late into midday/evening? How early? Also would you want to do it in the chatbox (note that I can reduce the delay so new messages appear instantaneously) or do you want set up a special chat somewhere else? If the latter, someone would have to do that and give me a link to point people to.

Respond quickly if this interests you as I don't know how long it will be before I send that email out. Also, tell your friends who may not check here often to weigh in if it interests them. Is this something you guys really want or am I wasting my time?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:50 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sounds good, I'm up for it!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

This is what im thankful for.

I'm down.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Great idea.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 11-24-2013, 11:16 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

With the recent news, especially, I'd be very interested in talking to you and the rest of the Wizards!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd prefer a Thurs-Sat event. I work most of the rest of the week. Gotta love 10 hour shifts. But I know one person won't effect the needs of the masses.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Forum Admin

I think I was mistakenly looking at November when I suggested the 30th as I was under the impression that that was a Saturday. So scratch that. How about the 28th or 29th? That's a Saturday and a Sunday, respectively. I would think Sundays might be better for most people, but do you work on that day? If so, how is Saturday for everyone else?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Generally speaking Sundays are better for me. Saturday is normally the "catch up with chores from the week" day. Especially now that it's too cold (and snowy) to do archery outside, which sucks.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Saturday or Sunday will be the best. You'll probably get equal attendance for either one. I would have a hard time on the work week because my hours vary, and I assume other's would too.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'll try to attend myself. No day is great for me, as any time I'm not in school I'm studying. I'm writing my A+, my Server+ and my Security certifications after the Christmas break.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Forum Admin

Obviously, it will be on a weekend (sorry about the 30th confusion - again, I thought that was a Saturday). Anyway, I really want to send this email out by tonight, so I'm just going to pick a day and time - Sunday, December 29th at 4 PM Eastern.

You have the next few hours to raise objections. If that's too early in the day, let me know. I thought maybe that by making it earlier it could go on longer if people wanted it to, but it makes no difference to me so speak up now and I will change it.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have a set schedule of sunday-wednesday without holidays off (yay law enforcement). So Saturday works best for me.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Forum Admin

Okay, does anyone have a problem with Saturday, December 28th 4PM Eastern? So far the only objection is that Odolf potentially has chores, but do any of you work on that Saturday, but are off on Sunday?

I put off the email by one more day, but I will definitely be sending it out tonight. So if I hear that Saturday is a problem for other people and Blackbeard is the only one that wouldn't be able to make it on Sunday, I'll switch it back to Sunday. Otherwise, we'll go with Saturday.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 AM

No worries.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Forum Admin

Okay so the email went out and thus we are now locked in the announced date and time. If you did not receive an email and you are sure it wasn’t because it found its way into the spam folder, (as it did for me ) the reason might be because you have not opted to accept emails from administrators. This doesn’t mean you won’t get an email announcing Rhialto’s game being released as I will override this option and send the email out to everyone for that purpose (as I did last time). However, I don’t like to bother people with mass emails, so feel free to keep that box unchecked or, if you’re reading this because you didn’t like receiving the email, go to your User CP --> Edit Options and uncheck “Receive Email from Administrators.” I will send out one more email about the Chat Event a few days before it takes place, but that’s it (don’t expect this to become a habit).

Edit: So gmail apparently likes to send anything mass sent from vbulletin into spam. I just sent a bunch of test emails to myself this way and they all went directly to the spam folder regardless of content. The last time I used this was in 2008 and I didn't have this problem then, but apparently idiots who don't realize they're being emailed for being apart of a forum they gave their email to have since been reporting similar mass emails as spam. Hopefully most those of you without gmail haven't had to dig through their spam folder for this, but this is rather disappointing regardless.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Am I the only person who checks my spam folder once and a while for legitimate emails?
Old 11-27-2013, 12:25 AM

tichondrius has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default lol

My account says I last logged in on 10-20-2011, when I was still checking this site for any good news on the game status. Well, good to see that the Wizards are still around and have time to interact with the players.

Edit: It's a good thing I signed up with my Yahoo account. Message made it into my inbox and was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by tichondrius : 11-27-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:18 PM

Cuchulain has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sounds good.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm looking forward to this
Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Forum Admin

Would you guys like to simply use a Xat chatroom for the event on the 28th? Apparently some of you were on the one that Newnagaraga linked to awhile back. Did you like it? Are there any limitations (e.g. limits on the number of people who can chat at once) that you didn't like? For those of you who haven't tried it you can play around with the one listed in this thread and let me know if you like it: http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2438 If you guys want to go with that I'll make my own chat through Xat and post a link. If you guys hate it, do you have any alternatives in mind? Bullfrogz suggested one, but it had a cap on the number of people who could play without paying. Although that's fairly standard, I thought it was quite egregious that they had a pay option that only bought you 14 days where you could have unlimited users on at once. Anyway, aside from that I would again like to point out that we can very easily use the chat box if there are no objections (I can remove the refresh delay so chats appear instantly).