Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Wyvern Tribute

I'm currently working on a tribute RPG to wyvern. Please keep in mind it will contain NO wyvern art, and is merely based on wyvern so the general world will be shaped similarily.

I was just wondering if any of you would like to create a character of you're own to be put into my game and whether or not I should go with the frontal battle view(which is MUCH smaller), or the side battle view. You can post any ideas here, or send them to me in a PM. All characters must have an RP name, and you should include some sort of backstory and strengths of the character.

Also as the world itself, I am curious to know if it would be acceptable to use the names of places from wyvern or if I should change the names as well.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:14 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Definitely change the names of places. If you're in doubt, think of it this way; be to Wyvern like Wyvern is to Crossfire. Same concept, but styled MUCH differently than it's inspiring game.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

What do you mean a character of our own? You mean like a NPC based off our character with an history, etc.

because Salkand actually has a long and rich history.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Player Mod

yes salkand, You could get your very own npc, or possibly if I like both your story and name, I will make your character one of the main party members, or an enemy/boss.

**EDIT** And just for reference how large is the world map. I want to make the overworld proportional. I'm not going for exactly accurate as I'm nowhere's near that talented, or patient. But the overall look of it.

**EDIT** Also to anyone who wants to give a little input on what I should do with the actual game. Please remember this is just a regular RPG, there is not going to be an multiplayer on this, so the storyline is very heavy and crucial in this. Also if you have any gameplay suggestions, feel free to post them here or send them to me in a PM. Please keep all suggestions in line, and not just completely random things.

I know a lot of people don't care about this, but these are just a few sample shots. Keep in mind the character artwork(the battler images on the character stats) are just there until I get the art I want. Also please keep in mind these are very early shots to show a bit of the art and the style it will be done in, so there are still many changes to be made to it.

P.S. Yes I named it Wyvern while I'm working on it because I'm working on a few sample projects for something else. I do not have an actual name for it yet, so I will change the name of it later.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:36 PM

thepixie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Excellent idea. Are you going to draw all the characters by hand? How closely will the pictures resemble Wyvern's? Maybe we can also make a comedy spoof and post the movie on Youtube.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Player Mod

The artwork itself will not resemble wyvern that much, I have no artistic talent and creating that much art would be to much work anyways. I'm using the art that came with the program I'm using, as well as other art I have collected from various sources I am allowed to use art from. The overall layout of the land will be similiar to wyvern, however it might be set in a different 'time'. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to have some of the towns overdeveloped, or very undervelopted yet.