Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Just an idea of adjusting teachers.....

I understand that the teachers guild is just so new players, and confused players have some ideas of who is actually knowledgable about the game, and that other than the title it does nothing for the player.

I would like to suggest a 'mentor' system for the teachers guild and new players. Anyone who is in the teachers guild would automatically be included in this. The way it works is a new player can ask for a mentor, or apply for a mentor through some low level player command, which is usable only once by any given character, and only to a certain level. When a new player applies for a mentor a random teacher who is online will be notified and is required to help the new player to learn the basics, answer questions, and possibly more if there is anything. This could also have a special 'school' implemented rather than the tutorial where teachers could teach the new players one on one, or teachers could get a special crystal ball to view their 'pupils' with, and only their pupils(because its easier to give instructions if you can see whats going on). After the 'pupil' is good to go everything goes back to normal.

Of course there is some holes with this, there could be the losers who make new characters and apply for mentors to annoy people. Also this would help to weed out the many people would not wish to be part of the teachers guild for fear of actually having to help someone. As for the lack of motivation, the prize of helping someone out should be good enough for them, but some sort of teacher points system could be set-up, but this would also cause some of the losers to have their friends to make new characters so they could easily raise their teaching points. However I see no need for an actually reward for being polite, welcoming someone to wyvern, and helping them out.

I'm curious to hear what people think on this idea, any input is good just try to keep it on topic. Also there is much which could be developed further in this idea feel free to suggest your own takes on it.