Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Chess Tournament

Well out of my time playing chess, I thought it would be a good idea to hold a chess tournament. Tesh has generously offered to give the winner of the tournament a King Piece Trophy, however, there are rules to this tournament.

1) No arguing or fighting, any arguing or fighting over who wins a match will result in disqualification of both participants, and if its a squabble over who won the tournament, nobody will get the trophy. I suggest having one or two people watch you play, so there is no question over who won a match.

2) Be polite. The chessboards are a little buggy, so they allow you to make moves which would otherwise be prohibited. These moves include moving yourself into check, moving in checkmate, moving after your king is taken, moving in stalemate. Also it does not auto-warn your opponent that he/she is in check. So I recommend waiting a few seconds in between turns to see if they tell you check. YOU MUST tell the other person when they are checked, if you do not it will result in either a rematch or disqualification depending on the situation.

3) No outside help. Whether it be from another player, or other ways. Any outside help is cheating, and if it discovered you are getting outside help or cheating you will be disqualified.

4)You are only allowed one entry. You are allowed to enter one of your characters, and that is all. If it is discovered that you have entered from multiple accounts all of them will be disqualified immediately.

This is being organized by me, so anyone wishing to enter can either post here, or send me a Private message. Please post the time you are usually online(In forum time, as there are different time-zones). DO NOT ingame mail me, I do not check my mail, and DO NOT send me tells ingame. After a certain 'grace' period, I will draw up a table of matches for everyone. It will not be all at the same time, if anything this tournament could last a week or two because people get on at different times. I shall be the judge of all matches, but because I am also going to compete, I will not be allowed to judge my own matches. I may not be on for all of them, but I will be present to all games while I am logged on. Rematches are discouraged, so making an illegal move such as placing yourself into check shall be considered a loss in most cases. Always make sure your making the right move before moving.

**This is not the final Draft of this post yet, I will finish it up tommorrow when I have more time, feel free to sign up for the tournament though**

Last edited by Clubbz : 04-07-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM

Zevran has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sign me up!.

I'm usually online on weekdays from 6-9PM GMT -8.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Shaieran has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sure. Usually on 3-10 PM EST (UTC -5).
Old 04-09-2008, 02:58 PM

ArcticNights has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Count me in. I'm in EST and am usually on wyvern around 8 p.m. EST to 1 a.m. EST. Thank you

Arcticwind
Old 04-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

I would love to join up but there is no real set time that I am on so it would be kinda hard I guess....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Okay this is exactly what I expected from the forums, nobody takes the time to post. Numerous people have voiced interest in game, and even sent me tells. I will NOT add these people, You must post your desire to join on either of the forums. I do not have anything to write on around me, and it isn't all that hard for interested people to come to the forum to post interest. If we do not have enough people for at least a small tournament soon, I'm just going to give up on it.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

As I told you in the game, they dont post, but they do read. (thats a quote)
So you might want to suggest ingame mail so you have a written list.

Tesh
Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sign me on too! Like Crier, I don't really have a set time either