Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 PM

Anala has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Sincerely sorry to see its passing

I sincerely hope that seeing this name after a decade doesn't result in an immediate ban from this forum as well. I am not the same child I once was who reveled in destruction and chaos. I'm an old man now who wishes no ill will

I've been a gamer since I was 5 years old... Almost three decades... and today I decided to look back at some of the RPG games and MUD games that have influenced my life. The ones that I spent hours in, making friends, alliances, and just passing the time of a childhood that was lonely and cold

I remembered Wyvern. A two dimension MUD that took many of my hours and gave me some sense of purpose and achivement in my childhood. I looked for it and seeing it was another lost MMO broke my heart a little

I was banned from it. A lifetime ban. My fault for being power hungry and abusing my power. It doesn't mean it doesn't sadden me to see the passing of a community.

There are a thousand RPG's out there and in each of them we build friendships. We gain friends in like minded people who like us, want to fit in some where

We have fun, go on adventures we would normally be denied

We gain purpose

I would like to say rest in peace Wyvern. I'm sorry to see another fallen community but you did a good service in the time you existed. You brought a lot of people together in what was hopefully lifetime friendships
Old 10-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Some semblance of a community still forms here regularly. Most of us want the game to come back, and have semi-harassed R over the past few years for a return game. The hope of one day it may come back drives many of us to stick around.

So pull up a chair (or a floor, or a bed, wherever you may be sitting) and join us!

Also, I didn't know you, but sorry to hear about your ban. I had the highest level character I've ever had banned because my brother used my account (it was an age when my mom could force me to let him), and he got me in trouble. When I apologized for his actions, my character was banned. I feel the ban-hurt, my friend.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodlove View Post
...and have semi-harassed R...
Understatement of the year.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:44 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

I hear R got a restraining order out on all of wyvern. We aren't allowed within 100 digital feet of him!
Old 11-09-2015, 12:17 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala View Post
I was banned from it. A lifetime ban. My fault for being power hungry and abusing my power. It doesn't mean it doesn't sadden me to see the passing of a community.
Ooh, spill the beans. I love hearing juicy stories from players who exploited stuff and abused their powers. With all the things I did, I'm surprised I was never perma-banned.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:24 PM

Anala has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I was a power mad Wizard. Might have made some threats. Might have created some God Items in the game.

I was young and Dumb XD