Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Gravestone upgrading

Seeing as the game is much more challenging as well as plat armour giving negative spirit travel. I thought there could be a way of getting some of the spirit travel back without the expense of skillpoints, and it hit me. "why shouldn't we be able to upgrade our gravestones?" at an extremely inflated price I think you should be able to upgrade your gravestones image to add a bit of spirit travel.

100k +1 spirit travel
500k +2 spirit travel
1mil +3 spirit travel
5mil +4 spirit travel
10mil +5 spirit travel

there could also potentially allow people to get grave images based off the city they buy them from (dwarven made grave from varak/thergirim, elven style from almain, human style from minath... Etc) the possibilities are endless.

I don't think this would be too imbalanced, because it's not making people live easier or better at killing things. But taking away a bit of the frustration that comes with dying. Also most people I see just getting the +2/+3 one Which would mostly just counter the plat that they are wearing.

Last edited by Jacksparow : 02-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I think that would counteract the whole reason platinum armor and gem weapons give negative spirit travel.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Player Mod

I think the cost will make it reasonable to not be a major issue.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I think if this were to happen the prices would be made way steeper than that.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

While I think the idea of being able to purchase stylized gravestones is just pure awesomeness, I don't see adding spirit travel to it as balanced.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 AM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have to agree with dracco, I think; stylized gravestones would definitely be cool, but offsetting ST without feeding into the standard item slot/skill point balance is not a good plan IMO.

Jezrald is a Level 27 Halfling Archer; my other alts are all below 20.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I would love if this were implemented, simply because of how much I could abuse it.

I'd be able to have the protection of 22 ST at my status before the game went down.

Mechanical issues aside, stylized gravestones would be nice but they'd be near the bottom of the list imo. From what I've read it seems like the wizards have had bigger plans than "rearrange gravestone pixels!"
Old 02-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Rawk has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It could be a quest reward and allow players to make their own gravestones like hof pics.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Player Mod

Player made gravestones would have too much player wizard interaction.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Player made gravestones would have too much player wizard interaction.
Agreed, certainly pro-stylized gravestones though. Maybe you can get a specific one as part of a one-time miniquest, based off of the race/city from an NPC in each city- choose which one you want, and maybe you can change it by doing the quest for a different NPC.... Although I'd like to point out I'm mostly saying this out of "cool idea" not "practical for implimentation"... I don't expect to ever see this, but it would be so cool.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Aren't you one of the ones who said you played Runescape, Blackbeard? I typed your idea into google and guess what game came up front and center? See for yourself:

https://www.google.com/search?num=50...49.lHzevkLhsLw

There's even a subpage listed under the first link that talks about a dwarf specific gravestone and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an elf one around too. While I appreciate how easy it is to independently come up with an idea that has already been done, given that it's you it seems more like you should have said; "and it hit me. 'Why not nab ideas from Runescape and pass them off as my own?'"

Btw, there's nothing wrong with liking concepts from other games and wanting to adapt them. I just found your presentation and choice of game to borrow from amusing.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:26 PM

Moogly has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think that when you die you should get a randomly generated gravestone based on your alignment. So evil people just get open graves and good people get two sticks lashed together. Neutral people can get a banana because that is what I think Binyamin would do.