Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 AM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default accessories

we need a series of items for those of us who do nothing but sit around NV and chat all day long. Useless item which hold no importance what-so-ever, such as; pinkie-ring, toe-ring, ankle bracelet, chain belt, over-sized glasses, earing (of all shapes and colors), bunny/froggy/squirrel/beaver/(any generally random animal) suit, random animal ears/gloves/shoes (same as the suit, except its a helm, gloves, and shoes)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Well there lots of cool amulets and stuff that hold no purpose. Some you can dig up in arilou's digging sites.
Tanners can give you bunny and other animal suits.

Theres enough stuff that holds little purpose to keep us occupied. I say instead of using time to make items for peolpe that log on a talk, wizards/artists should stay on the track of making stuff thats useful.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool

Im being very serious when I say this... we need items that give you oratory. I hate running out of shout points and having to switch to a different alt just to talk to anyone. And yes I have had oratory trained before (on Nightswift) just for that reason. But for some reason its just not enough. Just have to make sure Salkand doesnt get his hands on them.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Nightswift, no. The future of Wyvern involves making it harder to shout, not easier. I've explained this in the past and don't really want to go into it, but basically the answer I gave then is that there will be no items that make it easier to shout. However, one brief reason is that training in the skill forces you to be weaker in combat where as wearing an item forces you to make an alias to take off your battle items and replace them with your shouting items when you feel like chatting with your feet up. We removed items that give you sk-merchant because they worked like that.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

As much as I would like the ability to gibber-gabber even more in shouts, Wyvern is becoming too big for having everyone use OOC for everything. It often scrolls too fast for me to read sometimes. Just imagine if world of warcraft had a main shout channel. It would be retarded.

That's why I like the pk and help channels. The people I know are mostly in pk, and you have to pay money and be a certain level, weeding out a lot of spam. And the help channel generally contains ****ies at least learned enough to use the correct channel.

I don't remember, but does wyvern have custom channels? I think that may be another game. Basically there are "hidden" public channels you can subscribe to, and you can just subscribe to any combination of them. Lets say you have OOC1 - OOC100, and you can "subscribe OOC2 OOC7 OOC85" to hear what is being said. Now what I just described would not work, it's just an example, but I think you can understand what I generally mean.

And anatil, make sure to get started drawing those things.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 AM

lol, I probly will but I got little coding experience, hence all I can really do is make the graphic and hope some wizard will make them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
Well there lots of cool amulets and stuff that hold no purpose. Some you can dig up in arilou's digging sites.
Tanners can give you bunny and other animal suits.

Theres enough stuff that holds little purpose to keep us occupied. I say instead of using time to make items for peolpe that log on a talk, wizards/artists should stay on the track of making stuff thats useful.
the items don't exist because specific graphics where never made for a "bunny suit" or "oversized glasses" or a (and this is my new idea, which I believe arilou will fall in love with and will probably carry a dozen or so of these on his person at any given time) a "Amulet of silencing" (self-explanatory, eh?)

but, even if you could skin a bunny (which you cant) and even if you could make something out of its hide (which you cant) it would be a vest, not a suit.

Oh, I never said anything about items that give oratory, in fact I agree with arilou and logward on this, it would be way to much...in fact I think there need to be less shouting points available and an increased time between regaining them (this way, things might slow down a bit)...for slow typer's like me, by the time I finish typing my shout in one of these "conversations" the shout I'm replying to is already off the screen...I mean, thats just ridiculous
Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Lordz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Best amulet of all time....

Amulet Of Strangulation (Cursed)
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM

WyvernXa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It truly is the best since it killed me when I was at my top level - 28. Was a tough fight but in the end I still lost... a few million exp.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:02 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatil View Post
but, even if you could skin a bunny (which you cant) and even if you could make something out of its hide (which you cant) it would be a vest, not a suit.
Sorry, I got bunny confused with the sheep stuff.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM

Jackolantir has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir

Heh, nice... Skinning bunnies get you bunny suits... Or bunny slippers... I want bunny slippers, but Fredd took mine.

Anyways, I think that the oratory points and the oratory point restoration speed is sufficient. Besides, earmuffs are good friends.
Maybe you should type faster?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:07 PM

Cool

Its sufficient if theres like under 30 people on. But I remember on weekends when there were 70+ people on. You use alot of shout points during that time.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir
Eye

"'I see,' said the blind man."
To the deaf dog.

Well... Okay, yea, you have a point... Tells aren't blocked by earmuffs though, right?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Cool

No but you can ignore people that you dont want talking to you lol.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Yes, but usually its the shouts that knock previous messages out of the window in seconds, isn't it?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Cool

Yea but thats why there is the 'last tell' command (I think thats the one)
Old 05-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswift View Post
Its sufficient if theres like under 30 people on. But I remember on weekends when there were 70+ people on. You use alot of shout points during that time.
*blinks* What's your point? You just described exactly how we like the system to work. More people equals a flood of nonsense that makes it hard to read. It also equals more people for guild tells, friend tells, and the idea of getting together in a tavern and using says to talk to people. Which, btw, is how I envision Wyvern's future. Shouting will be and should be a limited tool that is not the end all and be all. As I said we will be putting more restrictions on them in the future, not less, so if you don't like it now you won't like it later, but with a 150 people on I'm sure you'd be able to find a bunch of chatty people who would just like to hang out in one place and talk in says without involving the majority with your nonsense. You guys already do it quite a bit with the auction house, so you'll just have to get used to using it a bit more.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

ooooo.....more restrictions.....I got one, instead of having an auction channel make an auction board with several locations and people can add stuff they are selling on the board and remove them from the list when it's sold.....that way you won't have people shouting the same thing 60 times an hour.....
Old 05-05-2007, 04:32 AM

As in, stick a sign in the floor at the entrance of the auction houses and take away the auction channel? That would reduce the number of shouts... The auction channel IS probably the most used channel besides the OOC channel. Maybe the help channel would compete with the auction channel, but people tend to use the OOC channel as the help channel... I've forgotton plenty of times to send my questions and replies to the help channel. But back to the auction channel, people don't tend to fill that with nonsense compared to the OOC channel (nonsense being the stuff Arilou doesn't like). The only thing is people tend to spam sometimes. Sometimes.

Last edited by Jackolantir : 05-05-2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: The horsies in my room said so.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:12 PM

thats true, but then again, if someone sells something interesting and everyone will be busy, then no one will buy it...in other words, for your 'sign in the auction house' idea to work everyone would have to check into the auction house every hour on the hour (or just stay in there) in order to avoid being left out of an interesting sale

a more effective way to make this a bit more balanced is my two part idea : first, have the town crier announce when someone offers something (not specific items, just "<player> is auctioning (#) items of shop worth <$$$, total> and offered for <$$$, total>" (example: Anatil is auctioning 30 items of shop worth 150k, and offered for 100k) - of course this will be in the auction channel and the crier wound shout the same players name for each offered item...just the first, and when people log in, these shouts are automatically listed (by something similar to the "last shout" command (except it will only list what the town crier shouted in auction), this way morons arent going to ask every bloody minute "anyone selling anything?!!11one??!?!11???". Secondly, a new command for the auction house, something like "auctionsales" this will list who is selling what and for how much (like your sign post idea, except accessible anywhere)

Last edited by anatil : 05-05-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot somethings
Old 05-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool

a more logical way to do it if you don't like auction boards is an auction command, where instead of random announcments from the crier, just have the command and it lists everything in the command box thats for sale. Even if you could choose to subscribe to the auction announcements....there would be so many it would be annoying......