Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Wyvern Related > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:16 AM

Zeke has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Arrow What is the best 'i'-device for the New Game?

This is OUTSTANDING that the Wyvern World has come back into being.
My question to the group is what is the best device to play the alpha on?
I'm an Android guy, the Wifey is Iphone girl (I know she won't let me use it to play .. I've got some old Ipads and an Iphone4 lying about ..

So I'm looking to go pick up a device simply to play this game on!
Which one would be the best device/IOS Version for Alpha success?
I don't want to grab a brand new one, but perhaps a Iphone5?

-----

Guess I'll have to charge the Iphone4 and old Ipads and check the IOS version tonight.

I've followed the Reddit for years in the background, and have enjoyed the 'someday soon' updates and all the discussions.

Many enjoyable hours years ago, have missed it immensely; and didn't realize how much until I saw the mass email about it's resurrection!

My only contributions to the game way back when were creating some HoF images for players and sharing Autobag rules ..

Thank you R, Arisu, Binyamin and the other wizards for all the great content over the years.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:15 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

If you want to secure an Alpha testing spot, don't go out and buy an iphone (used or otherwise). Tesh said yesterday that Rhialto announced that there are no more slots open for iphone users so you won't be able to play on that until Beta. However, she also said there were still ipad slots open so go with that if you want to play right now. Since you have some lying around, that should hold you over until the Android version. Then maybe you'll be able to play on your Android device (depending on how capability issues work out) and you won't end up having to shell out any additional cash to be able to play.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:56 PM

Clevyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have an iPhone4s, my Sis has an iTouch (5thGen/2012), I'm going to have an iPad 2nd Gen (2011) and my friends have iPhone 4s and iPhone 6.

among all us iPhone 4s users, we all agree that partying with light sources is literally unplayable (as in displayed actions are well over a minute in the past) when there's 3 of us with any light source in an area with ambient dynamic light.

I have to ask others about it, but it seems Cortex A9 512mb ram devices (late 2010 to early 2012, with the exception of iPad 2 2012) devices don't have enough horses under the hood to play the game due to the new lighting engine.

the iPhone 6 user reported no input lag or oddities and noticed us old device plebeians moving at the normal speed and continuing to execute actions then abruptly stopping when the 'buffer' of actions we attempted to spam while 'lagged' dried up.

on the iPhone 4s, the screen is far too small for comfort, and the iTouch 5 user said that they gave up and switched to a keyboard.

Sadly it seems that USB OTG does not have a mouse or absolute pointing support, but both bluetooth and wired keyboards worked fine for me.

I'm hoping that when R adds my iPad (2, 2011) that I can see if the screen space allows for ease of play.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:04 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

right now my reco would be go with ipad if you have it available. the bigger screen does make a difference.
2008-06-14 12:58:18 Deathwish – killed by a poisonous Xipe Totec corpse
Old 08-29-2016, 01:22 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

My recomendation is get whatever device you feel most comfortable with because R has said Alpha is going much quicker than expected and we should be entering Beta soon. So don't use the roadblock of no current Alpha spots for an iPhone stop you from getting the device you want.

That being said, I recommend the iPad. You can grab a $20 keyboard and it feels almost exactly the same as the PC version did.