Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Voarin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Minor Things

Eh just addressing some problems I have while playing.

First suggestion, resist on and resist off commands. This would allow other players to (not) cast spells on you. I remember quite a few situations on Niraov where resists would be dispelled on the world map by other players. Something extremely inconvenient during LQs and quite deadly. It's obviously a bug abused in PK. Of course, similar to inviting others, this would automatically be activated to on when grouped with others.

Second suggestion, emote on and emote off commands. This would allow your actions to be viewed by others in certain maps. The viewer would have to turn view on to view anyone with emote on. Basically I see this as a precaution and prevention for possible shrink/enlarge/charge/enchant scammers. For example, I have a +10 armor +10 agility pair of fancy white gloves but cannot shrink these myself due to lack of air magic, etc. So I'd sell them to a mage to shrink them. As a precaution, I could watch his actions as he shrunk the gloves to ensure no trickery. It would show me messages such as "You cast shrink armor on fancy white gloves. The gloves shrink." or "You cast enchant armor on +5 Seiryu Dagger. blah blah explodes! You die. You were killed by enchant armor."

Well small suggestions that would require some coding, don't think I'll see them in the near future, but hey it was a good 10 minutes wasted.
Last edited by Logwad : Yesterday at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Feel free to correct my stupidity, but what trickery can an enchanter place on your items? When they resell the item back to you, and it doesn't say tiny/large bla bla bla, then obviously they didn't actually work on it.

Mages already have a short straw in PK. I would only say a resist on/off idea would work if the max resist was lowered to AT LEAST 75%
Old 01-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Shuya has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

they manage to shrink it but tell you that it failed.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM

Make them purchase it at an extremly high price, so that in order to make a benifit, they are required to sell it back or lose their money. In return you could probably take a scam like that to the wizards. A couple of screen shots to prove you had the item and made the sell.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

We never accept screenshots as proof of anything so don't give people the idea that they can try to present them to us. They are far too easy to edit.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:48 PM

But I'm sure the wizards can check the tells and see that there was an argreement. It may not prove anything factually, but it'll at least cause the wizard's to watch that person a little closer, Right Arilou?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i think voarin ideas are good.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I see one problem with this idea. If a naga monks were to get resists from a fellow mage. They turn their resist off. The naga hydra would become unstoppable.

Dispelling resists makes pking more exciting and requires strategy, because one can get high resists doesn't mean they can sit in br arena untouched by mages.

Why would people want to dispel Niroav's resists on the world map? It doesn't even make sense for people to dispel your resists on the world map, because your not even in the PK guild. There is nothing to be gained from dispeling your resists. Theres is just no point in doing someting like that.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Voarin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Forgot to say that Niraov was fighting Raze or Gore or any of those LQ goodies. Not having resists at those times + Wrath of the Gods = Dead and experience is lost due to another player.
Last edited by Logwad : Yesterday at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Veroule has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Dispelling resists on another player should be considered an agressive attack on that player. It should require either being in an arena or both players in the PK guild. A player shouldn't have the option of stopping it, because the game would block it in all other instances.

This can obviously be gotten around by casting low level resists on someone, but the circumstances required to do that mostly make it impossible to exploit.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have never gotten my resists dispelled during any LQ on my meleer, and im in pk guild with lots of pk points. So the chances of getting your resists dispelled when your outside of an arena or not in pk guild is very very very low. If every one was abusing this, something should be done about it, but no one uses this outside of pvp. If my meleer, whose in the pk guild and has never gotten his resists dispelled in any LQ, you shouldn't be worried about getting your resists dispelled in those situations.