Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:36 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Just wondering.
Because I think he's a taurus.
Only a taurus would be this
slooooowwwww
like a taaaauurrrrr(T)uuuussssss

Don't worry guys, I won't give up on the game! But it'll be back up as soon as I am done
sleeeeeepppiiiinnnngggg
and
eeeaaaaatttttiiiiinnnnggg
and
cudddlliiiiiinnnngggg soft thiiiiiinnnnnngggssss

(this is not an attack on Rhialto, just a funny imagination of what is taking so long! I know he might be too busy with other stuff... but I have a sneaking suspicion he just wants to relax in his free time)

Oh, and everyone, post your sun sign for fun.

Mine is leo in the 12th house... dun dun DUUUNNNN. Which also means that I like to pretend to be a virgo, and my soul is a goat that will never stop climbing up hills (and probably eating small blades of grass along the way).
I'm really obsessive about astrology all of a sudden. So obsessive, that often times I don't sleep.

Also I was probably a tyrant in a past life... sorry, guys. What are all my planets doing in the twelfth house?
I can also foresee small, insignificant, futuristic events. (and read minds... but don't worry, you all are safe with your computer screens shielding you... but if you are also a lunatic like I am then maybe I can communicate with you through my dreams.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Are you on some sort of medication? If not, I suggest getting on some ASAP.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd like to suggest several medications at once.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 AM

I am just being funny.
I could, however, explain this in simpler terms.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Forum Admin

Said many a people who now reside on the funny farm.

Btw, I'm a tad worried that telling you this will result in you making another rambling post about how Rhialto is some other sign and that explains it all, but Rhialto's birthday is neither in April, nor May.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 PM

No no, I will not. Because the month only depicts our sun signs. He could have every other planet, aside from his sun (and some other stuff that only happens after however many years) in taurus, even if he was born in June or July.
I used to think astrology was stupid, and it definitely seems stupid if you don't understand it, but it is the best, most elaborate explanation of peoples' personalities throughout history.
A lot of cancers with taurus ascendants have similar facial features to Steve Yegge. I would not believe that a rising sign is enough to make him this slow though.. maybe the moon, maybe mercury, maybe all of the above.
You should tell me your birthday, Arilou! Then I can figure out why you're such a cynic. ;P
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Forum Admin

Yeeaahhh... attributing things that have proven to occur because of not so little known things called genetics and environment to, instead, where in the sky, far away, celestial objects were, at the time of someone's birth, is insanely stupid in this day and age. Therefore, you desperately need serious help in the form of another not so little known thing called education. I am not a person that is willing to give that to you, so I'm going to stop replying to you now. However, you really should stop wasting your time playing video games and lamenting about how you can't get a job all day and, instead, enroll in some college classes. I'd suggest you start reading more too, but apparently you are incapable of deciding, on your own, which books are worthwhile and which are not, so you need qualified professionals to pick the books for you.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 AM

What books am I reading that are not worth reading?
I would love to go to college. I am so eager to go to college. I took one course in Texas, but obviously I can't go to college right now.
Why is astrology so offensive to you?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The position of planets millions of miles away have absolutely no consequence on the way we develop. They do not determine our personalities or predispose us to certain personality traits. They have no effect whatsoever. Making posts that profess your belief in an incredibly dated (and stupid) system of fortune-telling tends to lead others to believe that you've thrown common sense and reason out the window. While Arilou's wording strikes me as a little forward and confrontational, his post is to be expected.

If a person made a thread about his belief that Earth is flat and that the government is covering it up, I can guarantee you that the thread would be full of users belittling him for his apparent lack of any form of logic or reasoning. The same applies here. That's pretty much the group of people you're being lumped with at the moment.

I don't find astrology offensive, but I don't find it even remotely defendable or reasonable.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Vozka has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Even though I find astrology slightly offensive I have always wondered if being born in a certain time of the year (at least in 4 different seasons) could somehow influence the child's development. I think it could, too bad something like that is probably impossible to prove or disprove.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hmmm I could see the climate, and the way people act during certain time/temperatures having a side effect on early childhood development. But I highly doubt it has anything to do with the stars but more of the weather. A baby in the winter will more likely get more attention than a baby in the summer just because of household chores alone.

interesting concept.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Bitsey has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Hmmm I could see the climate, and the way people act during certain time/temperatures having a side effect on early childhood development. But I highly doubt it has anything to do with the stars but more of the weather. A baby in the winter will more likely get more attention than a baby in the summer just because of household chores alone.

interesting concept.
when,during the year, you are born DOES have a measurable effect on some things. Consider professional hockey players. A huge percentage of them have birthday's within 1-2 months of the cutoff date for the Canadian youth hockey leagues. Why? Because when those kids are 6 or so they're the older kids on their youth teams, and hence more likely to be 'better'...and the better ones are more likely to continue, get more coaching attention, get invited onto the invitational teams, etc.

[http://kuklaskorner.com/candb/commen...ct_on_success]

In rural areas, kids born in the late fall probably had mothers who ate better (more fruits and veggies) during critical portions of pregnancy than those born in march.

This kind of effect can surely skew 'personalities' - but it has absolutely nothing to do with the position of mars in the sky on the January that you were born in, for example and it's also geographically specific (among other things).