Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Announcements
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Announcements Here you will find announcements regarding the forum and, from time to time, the game. Forum rules are also located here so make sure you read them.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation
Default Forum Menu

As you may or may not have noticed I've been updating the menu options on the forums. In addition to expanding it so there's two menus rather than one, a couple of things that may stand out to you is the "Review Wyvern" link and the "Wyvern Links" drop down menu.

The first links to a website where you can review Wyvern in order to make it more visible over there, which in turn will bring more players into Wyvern, when it returns. Each month (starting after the game comes back) I'm going to be switching the link to another site where you can review or vote for Wyvern in an attempt to help rebuild the community. I'll also be putting together a webpage (after the game comes back) that compiles all the possible places to do those things and what the rules are for each one (I can't do it right now as making certain sites visible to you guys may result in them noticing Wyvern is down and removing it from database).

The second is a drop down menu that I am hoping will eventually link to a number of high quality player websites. Since this forum will be linked to, directly from Wyvern's homepage, I'm hoping that by providing a way to make these creations of yours more visible I will be encouraging the community to expand beyond just the game. However, since I want people to make high quality sites and not just disposable pieces of junk that they threw together I am putting a ban on linking to websites hosted by things like freewebs which do all the work for you (clan sites will also not be included). In very rare instances I will make an exception. For example, Arisu's website is currently the only one linked to and it will remain there (even though it's on freewebs) as she contributed a great deal of art to the game and her website exists to show that off. Anyway, if you have a website you're welcome to advertise it in this thread: http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148 and if we think its good you will be linked to in the menu. If it's really good it may even be possible for you to get an official mention in a Wyvern news post over at cabochon.com. I believe that developing a strong online community through fansites is an important part of the growth of any online game and so in the future I may come up with more ways to help encourage them.

Also, I'll be editing the menu further as time goes on and trying to Wyvernize it a bit more so. If you any ideas or concerns involving this, feel free to post them in the "Forum Feedback" forum.