Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Durango has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Magic dart/acid dart/blood dart

Can some of these spells be made to fire faster? I made a pixie recently that has magic dart and the spell is so slow it isn't even usable. I think the level 1-5 spell casters could use a little boost. Sandstorm is ok, but at the moment it seems like a 1-5 spell caster is better off just buying a bow and some arrows. They fire much much faster and do more damage. It doesn't seem right that a pixie caster should have to use a bow to kill things at level 1 when they start with a special pixie only magic dart spell. Also bows and arrows don't destroy loot like sandstorm does.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Vathos has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Agree'd,

They nput the dart's delay due to people making alias to shoot 50 of em at once XD. Use to own hydra's this way.....

Anywho...it should have alittle less delay..and cost less mana...Even a pixie has trouble using it...3-4 cast and oom. It ALL they got at first few lvls...besides using a bow..
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Skuld has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I agree with this to an extent, but also, if the mana cost and fire speed for magic dart was lowered, it seems to me that would make the spell a bit OP at higher levels. It's already a decently powerful spell for high-level pixies. It almost seems better just to have to use a bow for the first 2 levels.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Vathos has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, I see....guess testing needs to be done....but...long as you cant shoot a bazzilion at once it shouldnt be TOO bad. These spells are basicly useless atm...At low lcl they cost to much mana for a single target kill. High lvl they just aint strong enough with the delay's Can get ya killed =)
Old 08-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Why not just revamp the whole dart spells as one, and make it like the poison cloud spell...

Well just basically make it so that its stronger.

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 AM

Skuld has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Why not just revamp the whole dart spells as one, and make it like the poison cloud spell...

Well just basically make it so that its stronger.
What would be the difference between cloud and dart spells then?

I don't personally understand why any change needs to be made. Dart spells aren't supposed to be exceptionally powerful, that's why ball/cone spells are so strong. Sure, it may be annoying at low levels, but so is not having a weapon skill as a level 1 human. It's something you work past and once you get to that point, having a more powerful dart spell isn't necessary.

It's not like it's exceptionally hard to get to level 4-5 and buy a fireball/blizzard SB.

Edit: Oh, and relating to Durango's original post (which is rather old at this point), spells in general have a tendency to destroy loot. That's part of being a mage.

Last edited by Skuld : 08-09-2010 at 12:23 AM.