Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:09 PM

drewskee has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default keys?

So I'm working on a quest and I have a couple ideas for it, however I don't know if it's possible to do using the map editor. My first idea is that a certain monster has a key that it drops once you kill it, and using that key, you unlock a door to get to the desired area. Is the map editor set up so that you can use say a "jade key" to unlock a "jade door"? I've only seen keys in wyvern, I've never found where you actually use them, so if somebody could clarify this for me that would be great.
My second idea was to have a monster drop an amulet, and then you can either drop the amulet on a certain spot, or give it to a certain person, which would then open up a gate or door or something, once again opening up the desired area.
So is it possible to either use a key, or drop an particular item on a switch to open up a gate?
Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskee View Post
So I'm working on a quest and I have a couple ideas for it, however I don't know if it's possible to do using the map editor. My first idea is that a certain monster has a key that it drops once you kill it, and using that key, you unlock a door to get to the desired area. Is the map editor set up so that you can use say a "jade key" to unlock a "jade door"? I've only seen keys in wyvern, I've never found where you actually use them, so if somebody could clarify this for me that would be great.
My second idea was to have a monster drop an amulet, and then you can either drop the amulet on a certain spot, or give it to a certain person, which would then open up a gate or door or something, once again opening up the desired area.
So is it possible to either use a key, or drop an particular item on a switch to open up a gate?
Thanks

The key needs it's own arch file, and and you give it the same code as the door , so that key opens that door. Use a long number.

This is the line you put in your key arch file:
<int name="code" value="11111111111"/>

Putting in your own numbers. Then you edit the door and give it the correct code to match.

The amulet idea would require special code that only wizards have access to at the moment.

T
Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM

ok thanks, got the key thing down. Is it possible to make it so that the player says something to an npc and in response they give the player a key (or any other object)?
Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskee View Post
ok thanks, got the key thing down. Is it possible to make it so that the player says something to an npc and in response they give the player a key (or any other object)?
Yes, but you again, will need to make an arch file for the npc and it's quite indepth. You might want to wait and not make a quest as your first area as they are quite involved and use a lot of coding.

T
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM

yes that might be true but if i want to impress you guys shouldn't i go to great lengths?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Go to great lengths to make well designed maps. We want a feel for your style, not your incomplete quest making abilities (you'll never be able to make a halfway working quest before being a wizard) that will result in you spending months trying to get your first area up while you learn all that you need to.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 AM

Alright, ill keep that in mind. Regarding another question, you guys seem to be getting rid of all the old elf houses in Minath. Does this mean that i should lean away from that style of rooms, in which there is a big open room with 8 or so npcs that the player can fight?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

All monster maps should be in a dungeon style. One map buildings for monster areas are very zooish and thus are being phased out. To learn about making dungeons you can read what I wrote here http://www.wyverneers.biz/showthread.php?tid=361 and here http://arilou-wyvern.blogspot.com/20...in-wyvern.html