Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 AM

Jackolantir has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir
Default Town Crier vs Reboot

Seriously... I'm gonna clock it myself... After the town crier announces the "1 min till reboot" mark... Doesn't it seem longer than 1 minute? It feels like almost two. Or maybe its just my brain has been playing Wyvern too long and that the time it thinks is faster than the actual time. Or maybe its because the anxiety of the adventures I experience that tunnel out through me blabbering away increases my thinking speed and the energy spent in that minute is greater than the energy I've been spending the rest of the day per minute? Or maybe the Town Crier needs to sync his clock with the server?

Whatever it is, I made the mistake of... Oh, "guessing when the server will close." I mean, all I did was ask "reboot please?" because I was curious whether or not it would reboot and all, but now I realize that that could've caused others to start guessing when it will reboot because the intended meaning behind the statement was difficult to translate from such an undetailed statement... I'm really getting in trouble a lot now. >_<
Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 AM

Myself has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The 2 minutes till reboot once hit me while in an RD. I decided to finish the Ghast I was fighting at the time, and continued fighting it for what felt like over a minute. I then quit, logged back in, and sold my loot. Around then the "1 minute till reboot" warning came. I then flew (I was using my Pixie) down from Blackrose to Vesimas, saved at the inn, logged back, in and flew down to Minath, searched around clockwise for the inn (i.e.: wrong direction), got stuck against a solid forest and mistook it for lag for several seconds, continued around, saved at the inn, and still had a few seconds left to spare before the reboot.

Yes, that was a very long two minutes there.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

I myself prefer a long than stated reboot warning. It just always seems to work out better.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:09 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

When the Town Crier says 2 minutes, it is actually 4.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Frostbash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Obviously the time in ancient wyvern ( good old days) they didnt have watches on their wrists so the town crier cant go back and forth to the yellow time clock machine thingy, so he makes a guess. I personally dont mind, I like a long timer before boot!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbash View Post
Obviously the time in ancient wyvern ( good old days) they didnt have watches on their wrists so the town crier cant go back and forth to the yellow time clock machine thingy, so he makes a guess. I personally dont mind, I like a long timer before boot!
New idea: Randomize the time of the two-minute warning. It could be four minutes or two.