Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Forum > Guest Corner
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guest Corner This is the only place on the forum where you can make posts if you're not signed in or do not have an account. Your posts must first be approved by a mod so there will be a delay between when you post something and when it gets posted. If you have problems signing up for an account ask for help here.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation
Post About

Hey all. This is an old idea that I've decided to implement on a trial basis. Let me know what you think.

Basically, anyone can make a post or a thread in this subforum, even if they do not have an account or are not logged in but in those cases your threads/posts will require a moderator to approve before it can become visible. I think this would mainly be a good way to handle sign up questions/problems. However, if you answer someone asking what the security question is you will also be answering it for spammers. In that case, it's probably best to encourage them to contact you in-game or on Reddit.

If people try to overuse this to carry out conversations without signing in it would place an undue burden on moderators who may decide they either don't want to approve such posts or don't want to deal with approving posts here at all, leading to the concept dying. I would therefore suggest people use it sparingly but, who knows, maybe the current mods will find someone willing to just deal with approving/rejecting posts.

For the player mods, I left a test post in the moderation queue. Please try to approve it to make sure that you can do so. To approve a thread check the box to the right, then click on the drop down menu and click "Approve Threads." The same applies for individual posts within threads. Also, let me know if you think this has any value and if you want to deal with this. If not, I'll simply take it out.