Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Bug Report
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug Report Report any bugs with the game or the forum here. Note that it is usually best to use the bug command to report problems, so use this forum only as a last resort. If the bug involves quest information, mail a wizard.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 AM
sirslash sirslash is offline
 

Join Date: May 2007
sirslash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default The coup de grace of death by lag.

Ok, this ranks up in the top 3 of the most annoying death (only because its about 400k xp). I'm in mma, getting the hang of my old (and new) aliases, and I die-while poisoned-, I spawn at the chapel with 0 hp (so cant tell that I'm still poisoned), my earlier lag spike continues for about 5 seconds while I'm looking at my hp and wondering what the duce is going on; when I die a second time.

Normally, I would just be a little discouraged that I died, but would just res and get on with the game, but this is just a little over the top for me. This is lag in a small room with a hand full of melee monsters and only 1 active spell (frost wave. mine); but the lag was still so massive that I got double killed. I came back hoping that I could actually start playing again, but theres no way I could ever make any progress like this

screens ...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../mmadeath1.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../mmadeath2.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...h1xpbefore.png
  #2  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Teshuvah's Avatar
Teshuvah Teshuvah is offline
Wizardess
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirslash View Post
Ok, this ranks up in the top 3 of the most annoying death (only because its about 400k xp). I'm in mma, getting the hang of my old (and new) aliases, and I die-while poisoned-, I spawn at the chapel with 0 hp (so cant tell that I'm still poisoned), my earlier lag spike continues for about 5 seconds while I'm looking at my hp and wondering what the duce is going on; when I die a second time.

Normally, I would just be a little discouraged that I died, but would just res and get on with the game, but this is just a little over the top for me. This is lag in a small room with a hand full of melee monsters and only 1 active spell (frost wave. mine); but the lag was still so massive that I got double killed. I came back hoping that I could actually start playing again, but theres no way I could ever make any progress like this

screens ...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../mmadeath1.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../mmadeath2.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...h1xpbefore.png
I only see 1 gravestone in these not two.
So I see that you died to poison in the chapel, which happens with some strong monsters poison spell now. (reapers, medusas)
You may not know about these new things if you haven't been around for a while.
Did you go into MMA poisoned already? Weak poison does not "overwrite" strong poison.
I don't see two on the obits either.
Just as an aside, you having negative Spirit Travel is something you probably want to out train if you haven't and your TNL is extremely high even before losing the 400k you say you lost this time.
I was on when you were talking about severe lag and no one else was experiencing it at that time.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I don't see a bug here.
You died in MMA and died to poison unrelated to MMA is all I can see.
You should have asked for a wizard or bug reported it ingame at the time so we had more info to check.
  #3  
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
sirslash sirslash is offline
 

Join Date: May 2007
sirslash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
I only see 1 gravestone in these not two.
So I see that you died to poison in the chapel, which happens with some strong monsters poison spell now. (reapers, medusas)
You may not know about these new things if you haven't been around for a while.
Did you go into MMA poisoned already? Weak poison does not "overwrite" strong poison.
I don't see two on the obits either.
Just as an aside, you having negative Spirit Travel is something you probably want to out train if you haven't and your TNL is extremely high even before losing the 400k you say you lost this time.
I was on when you were talking about severe lag and no one else was experiencing it at that time.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I don't see a bug here.
You died in MMA and died to poison unrelated to MMA is all I can see.
You should have asked for a wizard or bug reported it ingame at the time so we had more info to check.
Look closer at the screenshots. Just before I died I shot off a fireball (although I dont remember shooting it...they are getting burned with something I did ^^'), even after I died it kept burning the vegies, I was still paralyzed and poisoned, and with 0 hp when I was sent to the chapel. The first death is the one in MMA (hence why its not showing up anywhere) the second one was from the poison I got while being in MMA; as implied, I didnt get past the vegies so something poisoned me on one of the prior floors. In terms of poison strength, I dont think it matters when you have 0 hp...and paralyzed.

As for reporting it ingame, there was only 4-5 minutes before reboot, and I did ask for a wizards help a few times-since no one responded I guessed no one was online.

On a last note about spirit travel; its very much so trained (only at 10 though). This was the whole reason I left when I did, After all the nerfs, I cant heal anymore which means I cant do anything when a lag spike hits and something big and bad shows up out of nowhere or I get surrounded and cant do anything. The only way I reached lv27 was because I had the ability to spam heal when something big and bad smacked me upside my head...but now I have this nice message that comes up when I try to heal while running like a madman-Aborting major healing-oh thats right...my dagger managed to bounce off the giant monsters' hide as I hopelessly tried to fend it off >.>

So, basically, up until now I've died -a lot- but I could make up the difference because I could kill more things and get more xp than I would loose. Now...I can't kill thing as quickly and I die even more often so I end up loosing xp whenever I try to go out of mah T-T


...the coup d grace of my death streak is now even MMA is taking my xp. Meaning I'm literally not safe ANYWHERE there are monsters (above lv15).
  #4  
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirslash View Post
On a last note about spirit travel; its very much so trained (only at 10 though). This was the whole reason I left when I did, After all the nerfs, I cant heal anymore which means I cant do anything when a lag spike hits and something big and bad shows up out of nowhere or I get surrounded and cant do anything. The only way I reached lv27 was because I had the ability to spam heal when something big and bad smacked me upside my head...but now I have this nice message that comes up when I try to heal while running like a madman-Aborting major healing-oh thats right...my dagger managed to bounce off the giant monsters' hide as I hopelessly tried to fend it off >.>
Simply replace that part where you'd hit your healing alias with your new portable hole or recall alias. You can also, for example, choose to make use of lifesaving and phoenix amulets as an added safety net. All in all, the game provides many tools to help you get by and just because they were ignored, in favor of pre-existing unbalances, does not mean that you should continue to ignore them now that those unbalances have been fixed.
  #5  
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
sirslash sirslash is offline
 

Join Date: May 2007
sirslash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Simply replace that part where you'd hit your healing alias with your new portable hole or recall alias. You can also, for example, choose to make use of lifesaving and phoenix amulets as an added safety net. All in all, the game provides many tools to help you get by and just because they were ignored, in favor of pre-existing unbalances, does not mean that you should continue to ignore them now that those unbalances have been fixed.
Replying to that in this particular situation: You want me to recall out of mma? Hop into a portable hole, which may or may not trap me inside, in order to survive a poison attack with 0hp (haha). Or waste a phoenix amulet to survive an extra round?

Replying to that in general game play: When you lag, its not a case of what tools you use (I use all of them), the thing is when you lag these things really dont work as well as you would hope. Portable holes might save you, if you lag you can still die inside of them from overkill-I've had times when I got killed inside of the portable hole (from attacks not poison), recall only lasts for so long and cant save you inside random dungeons, and pheonix/lifesaving amulets are only affective when you have a means of escape (or healing)-not when your controls aren't responding and you watch in horror as your character gets pummeled into a bloody stain on the wall. Control are the first thing that go in a lag spike, not sure why, but theres no way of stopping your character from running into a monster that comes from around the corner until you run into it and retreat, but in a lag spike you cant retreat XD

Believe me, I dont 'ignore' those tools, I'm just used to the only one that works (healing). I know better than to turn my back to something thats trying to eat my during a lag spike, moving=no control, the big bad monster gets to watch me run-in slow motion-all it has to do is take 2 steps forward to have a snack. I'm honestly going to say I dont freaking know why I'm lagging when some other people aren't or why my control dont work 10/15 monster encounters for several seconds, all I know is when I do lag, its not my screen or computer that lags; the server seems to let the monsters attack me long after I died and got sent to the chapel.

...I'm going back to full screen mmos, they arent as much fun, but at least I can actually play.

Last edited by sirslash : 01-07-2011 at 04:00 PM.
  #6  
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirslash View Post
Replying to that in this particular situation: You want me to recall out of mma? Hop into a portable hole, which may or may not trap me inside, in order to survive a poison attack with 0hp (haha). Or waste a phoenix amulet to survive an extra round?
That is not necessary as you don't lose experience in the arena. We would, of course, look into any bug reports of the opposite and fix such a problem if we could reproduce it. However, keep in mind that the arena is done a lot and you're the only person who has ever claimed to lose XP because of it. So, if what you say is true, it was likely a fluke and, as such, it should be highly unlikely that you would experience the same problem again.

Quote:
recall only lasts for so long and cant save you inside random dungeons
Well to combat the time issue, all you have to do is learn how long it lasts and make sure to recast it somewhere safe before progressing. As for your random dungeon bit - People use recall, to save themselves while RDing, all the time.

Quote:
and pheonix/lifesaving amulets are only affective when you have a means of escape (or healing)
Phoenix Amulets give you a little extra time to react. If, as you say, you die after you've entered a portable hole, then using both a portable hole and a Phoenix amulet would solve that problem completely. If you just use a Phoenix Amulet, then you have extra time to hit your recall alias or to zigzag/teleport your way out of there. For example, maybe you manage to teleport away from your first group of monsters, without using your Phoenix Amulet, but you end up next to a second group of dangerous monsters. In such a situation, the Phoenix Amulet will give you another chance to try to teleport away. It's no immortal spam healing, but it's more of a chance than you had without it.

Lifesaving Amulets were meant to teleport you to the nearest chapel when they saved your life. Though, they have, unfortunately, been broken since the server was brought back.

Quote:
I'm honestly going to say I dont freaking know why I'm lagging when some other people aren't or why my control dont work 10/15 monster encounters for several seconds, all I know is when I do lag, its not my screen or computer that lags; the server seems to let the monsters attack me long after I died and got sent to the chapel.
Right well, we don't design the game around people who suffer from lag as that's out of our control. Though the server could do with being more stable, most lag is a result of an individual player's connection to the server and that's not something that we have any control over. So, if that's your issue and you don't know how to resolve it, then maybe playing another game is best.

However, you could also just stop focusing so much on XP. Post level 25 is supposed to be end game content. You go around, you explore, and you do live and actual quests for the fun/experience of it all. Basically, catching up on all the things you missed while trying to level your account. Some people like to spend this time focusing on every bit of XP because all they care about is leveling even further or gaining ranks on the high score lists. But levels don't make much of a difference where you're at and if you're not going to play anyway, your high score rank is going to tank all on its own so who cares if it tanks as a result of you forgetting about XP and just trying to have fun? You have a high level account - Free yourself from the restrictions of worrying about XP and use it to have fun.
  #7  
Old 01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Frosten's Avatar
Frosten Frosten is offline
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United States
Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Yeah, I don't think he's complaining about lag so much as the fact that he lost xp from poison because of some MMA bug.
__________________
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
  #8  
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Teshuvah's Avatar
Teshuvah Teshuvah is offline
Wizardess
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Yeah, I don't think he's complaining about lag so much as the fact that he lost xp from poison because of some MMA bug.
Yeah I thought so too until I looked at the screen shots and you see the poison from MMA go away when he dies. So it was from something else (eating bad food etc)
  #9  
Old 01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Salkand's Avatar
Salkand Salkand is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The dark marshes of the southern swamps
Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default

Yeah, I don't think he's complaining about lag, or losing xp, so much as he is just complaining to see what he can get.
__________________
“You put the Devil on the other side, and I will come to fight.” - Royce Gracie
  #10  
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 AM
goonyton goonyton is offline
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Recall is a great spell. The only problem with it is that there are not very many places left where it works. Used to be I could cast it just about anywhere. Now days I often have to run a half dozon or more maps out of my way to find a place where I can cast it. (the recall part works great though)

Same with teleport, there are a quite a few maps where it is disabled.

It has been a while since I used a Phoenix Amulet. When I last did and I died, it saved me and gave me all of my HP and SP, but it cancelled all of my resists and manna shield. Hence the thing that killed me, did it again for real before I could react.

If Lifesaving Amulets worked no one could complain. If they want to be imortal, then they could spend 60k for a new amulet each time they met a deathray.

I do have to thank you guys for fixing portable holes it is nice not getting stuck in them now days. Most of us should probably start using them more than we may have been in the past.

Edit:That reminds we is there any place that a portable home still works?
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Wyvern Forums
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Forum: Contact Us - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.