Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Thumbs up Wizard Appreciation Thread

When I "retired" from wyvern, I started doing a lot of other things. One of these things was airsoft, and because of this I joined several of the largest airsoft forums, and eventually settled on one that I enjoyed the most. Then after months of making post, learning and helping others learn about the sport of airsoft, I was eventually offered a position as a level 1 moderator for the forum.

At first I thought the job was pretty easy. Now, we as an airsoft community are a lot more family rated than even wyvern is (Which is strange considering we do not have the swearing limitations and everything). But what one must consider is that a lot of airsoft enthusiast actively try to make the sport appear more family friendly. We actively try to fight the bad name that airsoft continually receives from "backyard airsofters." Well, recently we had one forum member "flip out" and because of this the moderators were all given temporary banning abilities (Which at this point belonged only to the admin).

Since he was banned, he has attempted to make 6 new accounts, and pull out a lot of these "tricks" that the wizards talk about from time to time. And because of this, I have come to appreciate the wizards a little more; who have to deal with many of these types of people on a day to day basis. I've also come to respect the self restraint that the wizards must employ to act professionally, even when dealing with an unruly player.

So, I think it would be a good show of faith to the wizards if you do something to appreciate them a little more. And coming from a moderator of another forum, the best thing I think you can do to show this appreciation is to follow the rules a little better, etc. (naturally much of us attempt to follow the rules anyway, but we can all strive to do better in everything right)?

So lastly, thank you wizards. Thank you Teshuvah, Binyamin, Arilou, Legolas, Rhialto, Valkon. . . (Well, I'm not going to name every single wizard I know). But thank you all very much.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Salkand have you hugged your teshuvah doll lately?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

I'm not sucking up to the wizards. Sucking up is used when one desires something from the person they are sucking up to. As I expect nothing from the wizards, the term doesn't apply.

I'm simply saying, in light of many of the recent threads I have read, that you (The wyvern populace) should appreciate the wizards more. If you don't maybe they'll leave and Rhialto will have to shut down wyvern. Because no one will remain forever where they are not appreciated

So since logic didn't work we'll go with this, appreciate them now or regret it later ^_^
Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I agree with Salkand on this one. If you don't like the changes to the game, you don't have to play. Don't sit there and post things that are unrealistic to go back too, especially if you don't give reasons behind it.