Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:11 PM

drewskee has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default linking maps together

Could somebody please give me a quick explanation on how to do it because I'm having problems :/ Oh and by the way the link arilou put up on how to work teleporters (player forum 2) is down. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Go here http://www.archive.org and paste the dead link.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:53 PM

Still doesn't work
Old 05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Forum Admin

No it does, you just copied it incorrectly. I assume you took this http://http//wyvern.tvakatter.org/arch.html and inputted it into the box. Obviously you have to copy it without the "http//" as that is just a stupid thing brought about by the forum. Once you paste it and hit the "Take me Back" box it will bring up a list of dates - Find one that works.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:09 AM

Ok so my teleporters kind of work now. The teleporters that go into buildings work, but the teleporters that go back to my "start area" don't. I don't understand why, for example my general store destination is wiz/sasquatch/generalstore and it works. Then i have the teleporter in the general store as wiz/sasquatch/startarea and it doesnt work, when i click open in new link it doesnt open anything. A little help?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Ok so my teleporters kind of work now. The teleporters that go into buildings work, but the teleporters that go back to my "start area" don't. I don't understand why, for example my general store destination is wiz/sasquatch/generalstore and it works. Then i have the teleporter in the general store as wiz/sasquatch/startarea and it doesnt work, when i click open in new link it doesnt open anything. A little help?
First of all, per the quest and area guidelines (which I am getting the increasing feeling that you haven't fully read and/or committed to memory - an absolute must before making any maps) you need to make folders and subfolders. You cannot just dump all your maps into your wizard name directory. It has to be something like "wiz/arilou/amita/start" and "wiz/arilou/amita/village/slums." Second of all, don't try to test your links in the mapeditor. That's something to be done on the server once the maps are uploaded. If there are no typos and you didn't forget to include a directory somewhere in the middle it will go to the proper map online. Whether or not it will also go to the right coordinates is another matter.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM

Well i had grouped them into folders but when i was testing them i was having problems so i got rid of them. I'll put them back into folders and make sure i spell everything right. Thanks for your help
Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Forum Admin

Don't fixate on it. Any given area is littered with teleporter errors. It's impossible to completely avoid. We make little mistakes with them all the time and so we make a point to check them all properly once the area is up for testing on the server. It's very easy to do and if you worry about them before the testing phase it will just slow you down.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:03 AM

Okay thanks, i appreciate the advice