Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Platinum Chain

Platinum Chain (Amulet)
+ Amulet can hold 1 ring. The bonuses the amulet provides is equal to the ring in the amulet.
- Minus 1-2 spirt travel
~ Maybe make it an mq item so hydras can only get (wear) one.

This is assuming it's possible to make a 'bag' wearable. (or make an amulet hold an item).
Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

They can make bags wearable. See cloak of thievery(I am pretty sure that is the one).
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonyton View Post
They can make bags wearable. See cloak of thievery(I am pretty sure that is the one).
Yes but then gaining whatever bonuses of what you put in it (in this case a ring) , and then limiting it to 1 item etc is not currently possible
Not sure this is a good idea anyway, as rings are rings and amulets are amulets for a reason.
Might be a better idea to suggest amulets that you'd like to see.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

A mq involving platinum seems like a far shot anyways. I'm all for a platinum amulet equivalent, although i'm not quite sure what i'd like to see it have. I mean, putting it into my perspective even if the original idea existed and hydras could wear as many as they could afford it would be well..broken. Honestly I dont think anyone(but nagas) wants to see them running around with practically full resist to really any two elements they would choose. Sure they're losing amulets but a naga gaining mass resists is worth it. Not to mention that not only hydras would abuse the OP-ness. Mages wearing 3rd omni magic rings, etc. And tagging along to the hydra boat, do you really want to see hydras with the capability to wear 4 melee resistance rings? Sure other races could potentially have 3, but 3 is not 4..

Obviously the first thing that comes to mind with platinum amulets would be the usual platinum armor bonuses. The 10 dodge, 10% death pro, 25% confusion resistance and -1 spirit travel. Though I think that a straight up platinum amulet with these stats would be useless. Generally to anyone but hydras and even then, not all that good.

Just as an idea to toss in, perhaps with the game revolving around so much death protection, meaning its one of the greatest threats of death. Maybe a lq item amulet..Ultimate Death Protection amulet would possibly be a nicer idea. I'm not saying this bad boy should be insane and give crazy stats, but heck anything would be useful. Even something as simple as it giving the usual death protection and +3-5 spirit traveling, or small hp and mana boost, would be no doubt useful.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
A mq involving platinum seems like a far shot anyways. I'm all for a platinum amulet equivalent, although i'm not quite sure what i'd like to see it have. I mean, putting it into my perspective even if the original idea existed and hydras could wear as many as they could afford it would be well..broken. Honestly I dont think anyone(but nagas) wants to see them running around with practically full resist to really any two elements they would choose. Sure they're losing amulets but a naga gaining mass resists is worth it. Not to mention that not only hydras would abuse the OP-ness. Mages wearing 3rd omni magic rings, etc. And tagging along to the hydra boat, do you really want to see hydras with the capability to wear 4 melee resistance rings? Sure other races could potentially have 3, but 3 is not 4..

Obviously the first thing that comes to mind with platinum amulets would be the usual platinum armor bonuses. The 10 dodge, 10% death pro, 25% confusion resistance and -1 spirit travel. Though I think that a straight up platinum amulet with these stats would be useless. Generally to anyone but hydras and even then, not all that good.
I would buy that.

Quote:
Just as an idea to toss in, perhaps with the game revolving around so much death protection, meaning its one of the greatest threats of death. Maybe a lq item amulet..Ultimate Death Protection amulet would possibly be a nicer idea. I'm not saying this bad boy should be insane and give crazy stats, but heck anything would be useful. Even something as simple as it giving the usual death protection and +3-5 spirit traveling, or small hp and mana boost, would be no doubt useful.
While this may be useful, I seriously doubt it would or should happen. Death protection w/ added bonuses, ST nonetheless? Seems OP, but that's my opinion.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yet having 600 HP, wearing armor that resists you to death, having an amulet that protects you from death, and still able to be killed in just one touch of death ray isn't OP?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 AM

I figured a platinum amulet wouldn't overwrite a free action, eagle,falcon, etc. Its cant replace a death protection amulet so I wasn't really a fan.

And agreed it would be a strong item, but its lq. I'm sure they could tag along strong enough negatives to balance it, was just an idea.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
Yet having 600 HP, wearing armor that resists you to death, having an amulet that protects you from death, and still able to be killed in just one touch of death ray isn't OP?
It's death ray.. Not "take some HP" ray. So no its not overpowered. You should always have something that you have to worry about and cant get immune to.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Clipce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brionac View Post
Obviously the first thing that comes to mind with platinum amulets would be the usual platinum armor bonuses. The 10 dodge, 10% death pro, 25% confusion resistance and -1 spirit travel.
Is this accurate? I used to think it was 25% confusion resist but I don't feel like it is

sslighting

mykenigma

lilwizz / lilwiz (banned)

had a halfling ranger?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
It's death ray.. Not "take some HP" ray. So no its not overpowered. You should always have something that you have to worry about and cant get immune to.
Precisely. It's death ray.

And I did just fine for 20 levels by just dodging it. Then I fought reapers, and even then it's 1/20 d-ray monsters that gets me. >.>
Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Could I throw a simple suggestion? people like me would love this one, but wizards would hate it. Either way it sounds a little more fair to me.

Why not make death protection more like fear? i.e. only with 100% resistance, you can be death ray immune. other than that, reapers and the others are swimming at you like sharks. do I think this is OP? not necessarily. anyone who uses Ring of Enhanced protection cannot get full resistance. I just think that people who wait weeks and spend millions upon millions on platinum items get extremely disappointed. will this give some meleers invincibility? not necessarily. throw some earthquake mobs in RDs.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Could I throw a simple suggestion? people like me would love this one, but wizards would hate it. Either way it sounds a little more fair to me.

Why not make death protection more like fear? i.e. only with 100% resistance, you can be death ray immune. other than that, reapers and the others are swimming at you like sharks. do I think this is OP? not necessarily. anyone who uses Ring of Enhanced protection cannot get full resistance. I just think that people who wait weeks and spend millions upon millions on platinum items get extremely disappointed. will this give some meleers invincibility? not necessarily. throw some earthquake mobs in RDs.
Simple solution - Don't develop a platinum addiction, or avoid death-ray monsters.

If you spend millions on items to make yourself immune from death ray, you're setting yourself up to fail. You're still going to die to DR. Just saying, 'tis but a case of unrealistic expectations.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Might be a better idea to suggest amulets that you'd like to see.
Element Pendant
+40-45 Element resist
- 20-25 Opposite resist
- 10 Adjacent resist

Example: Fire Pendant
+40-45 Fire resist
- 20-25 Water resist
- 10 air resist
- 10 petrification resist

Hydras: 2 amulets would make a hydra at full resists in one element, but the penalties are so great, even a floating eye might kill them. Wearing a pendant of each element would result in no benefits.

Mages: This would make it easier for mages to specialize. (woe to the mage that 'forgets' to cast resists when they wear off)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Two water pendants and two air pendants = Av pro-ness

+40-45 cold resist
- 20-25 fire resist
- 10 shock resist

+40-45 Shock resist
- 20-25 petrification resist
- 10 cold resist

= 60% cold resist
-60 fire resist
+60 shock resist
-60 petrification resist

3 cold 2 shock

= 90% cold resist
-80 fire resist
+50 shock resist
-70 petrification resist

---- Pretty beast
Old 03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
Element Pendant
+40-45 Element resist
- 20-25 Opposite resist
- 10 Adjacent resist

Example: Fire Pendant
+40-45 Fire resist
- 20-25 Water resist
- 10 air resist

Hydras: 2 amulets would make a hydra at full resists in one element, but the penalties are so great, even a floating eye might kill them. Wearing a pendant of each element would result in no benefits.

Mages: This would make it easier for mages to specialize. (woe to the mage that 'forgets' to cast resists when they wear off)
Mages don't need this. They already do quite well speicialized.

When I said suggest amulets, I meant that were like the rings you want to put in an amulet, you know, 5% per amulet since hydras can wear 5 which would equal the ring. Your suggestions are way over the top. So,currently there are no plans to make resist amulets other than the ones that exist for an unusual occurance because resists are available in armor, potions and spells already that everyone can use, Included nagas.
Nagas do just fine and always have, with multiple magic items they can wear for casting or armor in other forms if they think outside the box and don't think they have to be in hydra form constantly once they reach 20. There is a reason they keep their other forms when they level
These suggestions are way too powerful , just so you know and nothing like this would ever be allowed. While they would "help' a hydra, they would make any other race entirely too powerful.

The kind of thing we might consider are some amulets that forced you to stay in other forms to use, or somesuch that reduced HP by 100s or Attack speed drastically, that kind of negative. The tiny negatives you gave are too easy to overcome. 50% negative is easily overcome with one potion.. So yeah... No..
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It would be interesting to see an amulet that gave good resists or even decent resists in two areas, but drastically decreased the meditation, to the point where it would be difficult to stay morphed - especially if trying to cast spells.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 AM

hofod has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Maybe D ray should be re-adjusted on some enemies to be a little less potent though. It just seems like after spending like 20k on the amulet and then like 2-3 million on all my armor that i wouldn't have to worry about it that much... I mean with an ammy and 5 plat pieces I got D rayed twice in the same RD. Reapers D ray should be weakened a little in my personal opinion, but if anything maybe the LQ boss Raze should be looked at.... I got D rayed by him, and he can nearly 1-hit Riordan with his melee attack already.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM

hofod has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipce View Post
Is this accurate? I used to think it was 25% confusion resist but I don't feel like it is
Clipce stone giants were given a vulnerability to confusion this may be why if you are wearing at least 4 plat items you arent immune, but i play humans so i could be wrong as I have never had to deal with this.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Bouncefox has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiez View Post
It would be interesting to see an amulet that gave good resists or even decent resists in two areas, but drastically decreased the meditation, to the point where it would be difficult to stay morphed - especially if trying to cast spells.
I personally think that wouldn't hinder any race more than Nagas. Also, since the other races can only wear one amulet, it's not really worth it since there is better armor out there for resistance. Would anyone really want to wear such an amulet? I think that's a little too Hydra-biased.

Enseru the Pixie Hall of Famer (level 25)
Katsumaru the Naga Hall of Famer (level 27)
Kazuki the Human Sorcerer (level 18)
Kotone the Naga Adventuress (level 8)
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Clipce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofod View Post
Clipce stone giants were given a vulnerability to confusion this may be why if you are wearing at least 4 plat items you arent immune, but i play humans so i could be wrong as I have never had to deal with this.
Ah, thanks for that, that explains it.
Anyone know the specific amount?

sslighting

mykenigma

lilwizz / lilwiz (banned)

had a halfling ranger?