Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default A simple RD suggestion

Alright, those of you who know me know that practically all the time i spend in game is spent RDing. So last time i was in an RD i had an idea, what if they spawned a random artifact weapon every 50 levels or so? I personally think this would be a great addition as it would let poor and/or lower level players get a taste of what it's like to have a gem weapon (potentially).

Also, to reach level 50/100/150 nowadays is no mean feat, especially for a meleer. The randomization would mean that even if you did get that far you probably wouldn't get something you could use and it's almost certainly only worth 1-2k to the shop so you could hardly "farm" it. Where it would be really awesome would the one in a hundred time where you could actually use it.

So yeah, to summarize i really think that this would encourage lower level players to group RD, and it'd be a fun little addition for higher level players. Who doesn't love finding an arti? So... input?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Gem weapons are completely out of the question for 50 floors. Maybe something more realistic like 500 floors of a high level RD. That would encourage 10 man RD runs (When I say run, I mean no floors will be cleared).

As far as an artifact goes, a boss floor would be pretty interesting. Such as there will always be at least one AD, DL, or Riagor. Yet random dungeons are what the name says they are, random. If the wizards could implement your idea into RD's without having to take the time to customize one or more maps for every RD, that would probably get you better chances.

Think about it though, one artifact for every 50 levels, you're probably going to find about 10 loot rooms within 50 levels. Finding a loot room on floor 40 would probably hold monopods or tough monsters to defend the loot (good exp), and you would probbaly get more gold from one loot room on floor 40 than you would from selling one artifact. And loot rooms are more common.

You also have to take trap rooms into consideration. Trap rooms in the 21-30 floor range can hold DSM, or other rare items such as enchanted armor. I guarantee within 50 floors of an RD you will find 20 loot/trap rooms. I can get about 40-75k in 50 floors of an RD with the loot from Xipe Totec's, Medusa, and other random mobs and loot rooms.

It's up to the wizards. I think it would be neat to have a boss room where you have to fight a high level monster, that could have an artifact, than to randomly find a random artifact on one floor. Be picking up an orcbane would be like getting a wand of firespray (5) from a Xipe Totec corpse, I would get 1800 from both of them.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
G
Be picking up an orcbane would be like getting a wand of firespray (5) from a Xipe Totec corpse, I would get 1800 from both of them.

Except you would have to walk back up or recall out to sell an arti weapon.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Except you would have to walk back up or recall out to sell an arti weapon.
Can't believe I forgot about that one lol. The only alternative to walking out or recalling would be finding a shop before you get the weapon cursed. Unless you have bless or another means of uncursing.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

According to Rhialto, artifacts spawn as part of regular loot. So you should have a chance to get them during normal random dungeon runs.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
Gem weapons are completely out of the question for 50 floors. Maybe something more realistic like 500 floors of a high level RD. That would encourage 10 man RD runs (When I say run, I mean no floors will be cleared).
Would anyone really sign up for helping someone else get a weapon that will last one boot when, given a fair 30 sec - 1 min per level, there is barely enough time for each person to get one (Don't even think about one they want), let alone use it?

I also don't see the point in comparing artifacts to the money you get from a dungeon run; this idea, as far as I can see, is meant to create a bit more fun, excitement, and goals in random dungeons, not increase any tangible rewards.

As for the idea itself: I do like the idea of artifacts getting a little more use and potential relevance, but as Arilou pointed out, they already turn up in random dungeons now and then (or are supposed to do so). So, interesting enough, I guess, but I'm not sure how much it would really change the current state of the game, beside not really hurting anything.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeofar View Post
Would anyone really sign up for helping someone else get a weapon that will last one boot when, given a fair 30 sec - 1 min per level, there is barely enough time for each person to get one (Don't even think about one they want), let alone use it?

I also don't see the point in comparing artifacts to the money you get from a dungeon run; this idea, as far as I can see, is meant to create a bit more fun, excitement, and goals in random dungeons, not increase any tangible rewards.

As for the idea itself: I do like the idea of artifacts getting a little more use and potential relevance, but as Arilou pointed out, they already turn up in random dungeons now and then (or are supposed to do so). So, interesting enough, I guess, but I'm not sure how much it would really change the current state of the game, beside not really hurting anything.
Got it in one, zeofar, i never intended gem weapons to be involved in any way... i'm just saying that the people who own that have indestructable weapons and artis are also indestructable, so there you go. Interesting that artis turn up in RDs, i never knew that.