Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*ponders*

Lion Rakshasa - Lycanthrope - Level 25

Total HP: 252

35 Unarmed (25 from training, 12 from natural ability)
20 Healing (10 from training, 10 from natural ability)
10 Find Weakness (All from training)
10 Meditation (10 from natural ability)
10 Spirit Travel (All from training)

(75 Total Skill Points)

I hate to say it.. but that's insanely OP. I won't get into the details of *why*... just trust me on this one.

Edit: Oh, and not to mention your damage bonus.

Last edited by Kama : 03-31-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 PM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You get a minus to med from the guild not a bonus, you have to train 15 points to counteract it, unless im missing something and lions picked up some bonus med along the way

I feel the toon could be considerably more powerful than what you have above, that and missing how key mechanics would work verily disinclines me to "just trust you"

Tbh your math in general has me baffled

You also gave up 20 str, a minimum of 13 assuming girdle and potion, and 10 fw that would be present in most melee builds, unless thoose 23/30 skill points dont really count

And beyond the armor and moderate hp gain, and a nonmelee oriented stat sink for 15 points vs a monks higher bonus to ua, same healing, and a dodge bonus, depending on how strong the bite would end up I see it weighing fairly even overall if not in the monks favor

Dunno, I was actually a bit worried about being underpowered, so the overpowered comment through me for a loop, anyone willing to toss out a second opinion?

Last edited by thedib : 04-01-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 AM

Astrus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have another thought on the alignment issue with such a guild like this. Becoming a werewolf doesn’t necessarily happen because the being is evil, but rather becomes evil upon transformation. So maybe have it when you use the shape shift ability it resets your alignment to be evil and the transformation lasts until hitting either neutral or good. Maybe throw a timer of how long you have to wait in order to transform again, or use a set number based on guild rank of transformations possible then reset the number with every server reboot.

My concern with this guild would be if there are any armor restrictions.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
You get a minus to med from the guild not a bonus, you have to train 15 points to counteract it, unless im missing something and lions picked up some bonus med along the way

I feel the toon could be considerably more powerful than what you have above, that and missing how key mechanics would work verily disinclines me to "just trust you"

Tbh your math in general has me baffled

You also gave up 20 str, a minimum of 13 assuming girdle and potion, and 10 fw that would be present in most melee builds, unless thoose 23/30 skill points dont really count

And beyond the armor and moderate hp gain, and a nonmelee oriented stat sink for 15 points vs a monks higher bonus to ua, same healing, and a dodge bonus, depending on how strong the bite would end up I see it weighing fairly even overall if not in the monks favor

Dunno, I was actually a bit worried about being underpowered, so the overpowered comment through me for a loop, anyone willing to toss out a second opinion?
I was offering a second opinion, but obviously it's not welcome.

Have fun with your guild.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:49 AM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I am going to back Kama up on this one. Definitely an OP example there.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiez View Post
I am going to back Kama up on this one. Definitely an OP example there.
He's right, I did make a couple errors in the math. But after reworking it, I still think it's OP overall.

I have nothing else to add here. G'day.

Last edited by Kama : 04-01-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 AM

/rant
Grr, ill always appreciate constructive criticizm, but throwing me a straight opinion, without a real explanation of why is less than worthless, and has no possibility of further discussion and kinda defeats the whole idea of putting my thoughts here, so add something of value or pick a different topic to browse please

Esp. When you've made it pretty clear you didn't bother to read much of it, and all I did was point out the weaknesses in your thought process(which actually strengthened your arguments) and further explained what seemed in my eyes to be what you didn't grasp, it was not meant as an attack on you or your opinions and im sorry if you took it as such
/endrant

Ok, 2 votes for op, the question is why? What am I missing?

Hmm im fond of the must be evil to shapeshift for its sheer simplicity in working around/working with the bad guy wearwolf stereotype, and im kind of assuming its semiease of coding, im not quite sure im getting the picture in my mind right as far as what your describing for a resetting number of times per server reset

Last edited by thedib : 04-05-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
Grr, ill always appreciate constructive criticizm, but throwing me a straight opinion, without a real explanation of why is less than worthless, and has no possibility of further discussion and kinda defeats the whole idea of putting my thoughts here, so add something of value or pick a different topic to browse please
I made some mistakes on the math. I admit that. But if you want to know why I responded the way i did, I'll give it to you straight - since you appreciate constructive criticism and all.

Your response was uncalled for. You could have gone about that a completely different way, and if that's how you feel about my response, then fine. I don't just browse any topic. I didn't have to respond, and next time I won't. Want me to pick a different topic? Fine, done and done.

That said, I still think there are some major issues here. It's overpowered in some areas, and yes, underpowered in other respects. But the way in which those aspects combine to make a guild; it doesn't seem to be balanced by any means. I'm not saying 'It won't work', I'm not shooting down your idea - that's just my honest opinion. With a few tweaks to that skillset, I could still have it at a point of being very much over-powered. Whether or not you can see my logic in that is irrelevant at this point. I've been around long enough to know the game mechanics extremely well, even if I forget a few details at times. I've watched the game grow, evolve, new guilds be introduced, and in general - I've been here since dang near the very beginning.

If I'm out of line here, do say so.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post. If I did, i apologize. But the tone that came across to me gave me the feeling my opinion was unwelcome.

(And at the same time, don't take this too harshly. I'm riled up about other things at the moment, a side effect of that being that I'm going to give it as straight as it comes - but you deserve a response, nonetheless. Have fun with your guild, I do wish you the best of luck. I'll gladly get out of your thread now.)
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 AM

Im condescending by nature, don't take it personally
Old 04-06-2011, 10:37 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
*ponders*

Lion Rakshasa - Lycanthrope - Level 25

Total HP: 252

35 Unarmed (25 from training, 12 from natural ability)
20 Healing (10 from training, 10 from natural ability)
10 Find Weakness (All from training)
10 Meditation (10 from natural ability)
10 Spirit Travel (All from training)

(75 Total Skill Points)

I hate to say it.. but that's insanely OP. I won't get into the details of *why*... just trust me on this one.

Edit: Oh, and not to mention your damage bonus.
Adding merchant, switching med for strength, and some ST for more healing, and that is basically my Rakshasa Caveman's build. Also, 252 hp is not that much. I think it would be a lot more fun in this guild due to the shape-shifting, but not "insanely OP." Unless, of course, you think my rak is op...

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 04-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Unless, of course, you think my rak is op...

Oh, and I do!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM

hofod has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
Oh, and I do!
I do too Salkand. I think that stubborn Shoot is OP. lol.