Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Forum Feedback
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Forum Feedback Please post any forum suggestions or problems here or in private mail to an admin.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 AM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Coffee Mug accessing the forum dilema

Since its my first post on these forums in a long time I want to say hi to everyone, new and old and say that I was quite thrilled to find out that the game was still up and going.

But when I tried to register for the.forums last night I came to the security question about naming one of the three starting towns, well id forgotten all of them, go figure right lol, and with the cabochon site down I couldn't pull up the game map, finally ended up searching up a google thumbnail cache that I was able to make big enough to kinda read and remember the name of new verden and here I am

Just a thought that we might want to add a copy of the.map to the forums someplace, if there is one and I just couldn't find it, apologies.in advance, but it took a solid hour to figure out a way around that question knowing pretty much what i was looking for so I wanted to mention it and maybe save someone else the headache

Just realized this post should.probaly be under forum feedback, my bad

Last edited by thedib : 03-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
Since its my first post on these forums in a long time I want to say hi to everyone, new and old and say that I was quite thrilled to find out that the game was still up and going.

But when I tried to register for the.forums last night I came to the security question about naming one of the three starting towns, well id forgotten all of them, go figure right lol, and with the cabochon site down I couldn't pull up the game map, finally ended up searching up a google thumbnail cache that I was able to make big enough to kinda read and remember the name of new verden and here I am

Just a thought that we might want to add a copy of the.map to the forums someplace, if there is one and I just couldn't find it, apologies.in advance, but it took a solid hour to figure out a way around that question knowing pretty much what i was looking for so I wanted to mention it and maybe save someone else the headache

Just realized this post should.probaly be under forum feedback, my bad
Normally the game is up and this isn't an issue. We do that for security purposes and to keep out trolls to some degree, making sure they are real players. So putting the info here on the forum would be self-defeating.
So in a word. No.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

K was just a thought, and yah its deffinatly effective I've no doubt
Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Normally the game is up and this isn't an issue. We do that for security purposes and to keep out trolls to some degree, making sure they are real players. So putting the info here on the forum would be self-defeating.
So in a word. No.
Aren't spam bots usually a greater issue than "trolls" and the fact that there's any part that can't be form-filled a great enough deterrent? Most anti-bot measures I see are either Captcha's or just things that can be answered without any real knowledge but aren't going to be a normal registration field. It hardly seems more difficult to find the information on the website, even while it is down, than it would be to find it on the forum or the wiki (to which the forum already links and does have the relevant information).