Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Just a small Summoning idea

Okay, I've recently been taking a look at all the changes to summoning, and I came up with a small idea. I don't have anything against the new summoning set-up where it encourages you to buff your summons, however I still feel there is a bit of a lack of summoning spells. My idea was just to add, for the sake of variety, a new summoning spell for each of the basic elements.

Yes, I know that there is already a summon elemental spell for the 4 basics+spirirt(because mind is more charming aimed in that sense). But I'd like to see a bit more variety. I don't have much of a creative name but it could just be something as simple as:

Summon Air monster(summon air creature?): Summons air attuned or plausibly linkable monsters, just as lightning orbs, dust vortexes, thunder spiders(at very high skill), and various other Air relatable monsters.

Summon Earth monster(summon earth creature): This one is a little touchy, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of summoning monsters with either High physical attack, or high physical defense, but for the most part magically vulnerable with minimal spells or skills of its own.

Summon Water monster(summon water creature): Summons water attuned or plausibly linkable monsters, so with no skill something Like a water nymph or frogs would be seen alot, and high levels could have something like an undine or relatable monster. Seeing as it is plausible relatable to water, ice creatures could also be grouped in with this spell, so ice elementals, and 'frozen' monsters wouldn't be too out of range.

Summon Fire monster(summon fire creature): This one is also touchy, seeing as a lot of fire attuned monsters are powerful. But the same thing as the others, summons fire attuned or relatable monsters.

A thing to note though, the number of complimentary spells for each element, and the practical usage of each element to determine the strength of the summon to skill ratio. So something like fire would require more skill than air or earth to reach the higher tier monsters, ranging anywhere from a few to several points of skill.