Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default The peaceful town of Timberwood.

History: Timberwood is a town inhabited by elves. The elves feared that adventurer's would find their peaceful town and slaughter all of them and take their treasure. The Elf Chieftain came to the conclusion that the only way to stay safe, was to hide the town from the rest of the world. The elves got together and moved their town deep into a dark forest, inhabited by dangerous monsters. They assumed that the monsters would help hide the town by scaring adventurer's away, but the monsters began to attack their town. To keep Timberwood from facing destruction, the elven mages set up a barrier around the town that blocks monsters from entering Timberwood.

Quests: The Terror of Timberwood, 10 Quest Points- "The Elf Chieftain needs a strong warriors help in stopping the monsters in the forest. He believes that his scouts have found the monsters nest. You should talk to the Elf Chieftain for more information. This quest is recommended for level 10+ Come prepared. Timberwood is supposed to be hidden, so the elves aren't expecting adventurer's."

Number of Maps: 40+
Number of Shops: 2-3
Number of Quests: 1
Number of Mini Quests: 1
Recommended level: 10+

Basically, I wanted to design an area that is good for lower levels to train and get a fair amount of treasure. The area isn't that big on loot, because the elves do not want to draw attention to their town. This map offers a large amount of areas to be explored. I have designed a quest for this area and a mini quest. I also want to attempt a system where villagers can ask you to find them an item in the forests that surround Timberwood, and bring it back to them for a small reward (e.g. A villager asks for you to bring them a pick-axe from a corroded mine, in exchange for a gem that can be sold for a fair amount of gold).

I'll have some map pictures up soon. Nothing too much.
I would appreciate ideas, criticism, etc on this. It seems like something fun to work on while I try to get back on the wizards good sides >_> I really need to stop being so ignorant.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
History: Timberwood is a town inhabited by elves. The elves feared that adventurer's would find their peaceful town and slaughter all of them and take their treasure. The Elf Chieftain came to the conclusion that the only way to stay safe, was to hide the town from the rest of the world. The elves got together and moved their town deep into a dark forest, inhabited by dangerous monsters. They assumed that the monsters would help hide the town by scaring adventurer's away, but the monsters began to attack their town. To keep Timberwood from facing destruction, the elven mages set up a barrier around the town that blocks monsters from entering Timberwood.

Quests: The Terror of Timberwood, 10 Quest Points- "The Elf Chieftain needs a strong warriors help in stopping the monsters in the forest. He believes that his scouts have found the monsters nest. You should talk to the Elf Chieftain for more information. This quest is recommended for level 10+ Come prepared. Timberwood is supposed to be hidden, so the elves aren't expecting adventurer's."

Number of Maps: 40+
Number of Shops: 2-3
Number of Quests: 1
Number of Mini Quests: 1
Recommended level: 10+

Basically, I wanted to design an area that is good for lower levels to train and get a fair amount of treasure. The area isn't that big on loot, because the elves do not want to draw attention to their town. This map offers a large amount of areas to be explored. I have designed a quest for this area and a mini quest. I also want to attempt a system where villagers can ask you to find them an item in the forests that surround Timberwood, and bring it back to them for a small reward (e.g. A villager asks for you to bring them a pick-axe from a corroded mine, in exchange for a gem that can be sold for a fair amount of gold).

I'll have some map pictures up soon. Nothing too much.
I would appreciate ideas, criticism, etc on this. It seems like something fun to work on while I try to get back on the wizards good sides >_> I really need to stop being so ignorant.

There is that you just made your idea public, which means they would know who you are if you did become a wizard. There is also the need to "Get back on the Wizards good side"? Yeah that part. That along with the problems you and/or those on your same ip have had means you wouldn't be trusted as a wizard.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Player Mod

What's wrong with making the idea public? I tried not to give too many details, especially on the ideas I have for the quest. If I did somehow make wizard, I don't think I would have to make a new alt or something. Seeing as how a lot of people know one or more of my alts. I wish me and my brother had a different IP >_> It's bad enough that I slip up and break rules some times. Plus, if I was a wizard, I would have a complicated password, and no one is ever allowed on my computer. So I don't think there's a problem with him getting on my wiz account (If I became one), so much as the possibility of him getting our IP banished . . .
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I suggest you read this:

http://www.cabochon.com/wiz/rules
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Player Mod

I've read through the rules about making a game map, and I've skimmed through the rules about being a wizard.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
What's wrong with making the idea public? I tried not to give too many details, especially on the ideas I have for the quest. If I did somehow make wizard, I don't think I would have to make a new alt or something. Seeing as how a lot of people know one or more of my alts. I wish me and my brother had a different IP >_> It's bad enough that I slip up and break rules some times. Plus, if I was a wizard, I would have a complicated password, and no one is ever allowed on my computer. So I don't think there's a problem with him getting on my wiz account (If I became one), so much as the possibility of him getting our IP banished . . .
You have to make a new alt if you become a wizard.
No one can know who a wizards alts are period, it says that in the rules.
If you think slipping up and breaking the rules sometimes is minor, thats part of the problem.
You can't become a wizard.
You have to be trusted etc.
There isnt really any reason to debate it.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

"Modify any item in the player's inventory or saved inventory locations (e.g. banks, lockers)."

Banks and Lockers? How old is that?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
"Modify any item in the player's inventory or saved inventory locations (e.g. banks, lockers)."

Banks and Lockers? How old is that?
Wrong place salky?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 AM

No, I was simply wondering how old that was, since Valkon posted the link on wizard rules on this thread this was the one I responded too.

I hadn't even considered the other thread of which name I forgot.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
No, I was simply wondering how old that was, since Valkon posted the link on wizard rules on this thread this was the one I responded too.

I hadn't even considered the other thread of which name I forgot.
LOL web page stuff that needs fixed goes somewhere else lol
Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Player Mod

How do I make it so you cannot teleport in an area?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Wizard

You put

<boolean name="no-teleport"/>

in the header of your map file
Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Player Mod

you're referring to the command prompt like box that opens with the map editor?
If so, I can just stick it at the very top of that? Or is there a section that says <header> or something that it will go in?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Wizard

You open the file in a text editor and add that like to the top section, between the <header> and the </header> tag
Old 05-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Player Mod

So I can basically open like, wordpad or something like that, then open the .map file and add the text in the header?

Edit, yeah. I see what you mean. Thanks.

Sorry for the double post.
How would I set how many gold coins are in one pile? I set a cold coin on a map, would I right click and edit its common property's so that the quantity is the amount that you pick up?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the double post.
How would I set how many gold coins are in one pile? I set a cold coin on a map, would I right click and edit its common property's so that the quantity is the amount that you pick up?
I'm no map or wizard expert, I believe loot is suppose to be completely random. . .
Old 05-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
I'm no map or wizard expert, I believe loot is suppose to be completely random. . .
Yes.
Random/treasure/random_treasure or random_chest is all that should be used in most cases.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Player Mod

This is probably going to be my final update.
I have around 38 maps (Excluding a gauntlet). With the gauntlet it is over 50 maps.

I'm considering removing the gauntlet because it may violate a copyright rule, and may be over powered. I will look into this when I'm about to make my submission.

I just figured out how to make pixel art with GIMP. So far I have some new weapons, 3 different monster variations, and a new terrain. These may not be used though.

The only things I left to do will be:
Customize the map properties for each map.
Link the maps together.
Create and modify some scenery that will 'wow', the wizards
Add more NPC's
Making any tweaks and basically wrap things up.

It seems like a weeks worth of work. Maybe two weeks, depending on my laziness and if I ever hook my Xbox back up. lol. Wish me luck everyone.

One last thing.
What would I do about having 3 known alts? If I'm promoted to Junior Wiz, I'm probably going to have to end up deleting them, right?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
You have to make a new alt if you become a wizard.
No one can know who a wizards alts are period, it says that in the rules.
If you think slipping up and breaking the rules sometimes is minor, thats part of the problem.
You can't become a wizard.
You have to be trusted etc.
There isnt really any reason to debate it.
You were already told this Rarkvar.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Player Mod

Just trying to make sure.
Thanks, I appreciate it