Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 AM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
This is the last time I'm replying to your nonsense (which better be limited to this thread moving forward if you're really going to persist with it).

In what world do you think now is a good time to advocate open sourcing the game? Rhialto just started his longtime goal of actively working on Wyvern again. He has plans for where he wants to take it and has gone to "great" lengths to get the ball rolling. He's not going to suddenly forget all that by surrendering all control and giving up all his plans because some wizards pester him, which we wouldn't do anyway because we are the biggest advocates of not open sourcing the game.

Now, I was saying that at some point in the future his current mindset may change and may decide to back off from the game like he did in the past. Perhaps because he only likes the idea of working on the game and will tire of it once he actually does it for awhile or perhaps because something comes up that leads him to think he needs to wait for X, Y, and Z to happen before he can work on the game again. But, that's not where his head is at now. Therefore, this open source nonsense is more pointless (if that's even possible) than it usually is.
What he said. Open source is a great concept, and great of the author of the code favors it and offers it... but at this point asking for open source is like taking the pony you got for Christmas to the dentist.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
mine cant even be the same but mine i have no doubt will be up way before the end of the year unlike wyvern.
*coughs* So, how are you guys enjoying playing Josiah's grand[iose] game now that we're into next year?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
*coughs* So, how are you guys enjoying playing Josiah's grand[iose] game now that we're into next year?
Best. Game. Ever.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Must be using the same calendar as R.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Astrus the problem is I'm learning JavaScript on CodeAcademy(its a website to learn programming on) but they dont mention how to actually turn on the freaking Javascript thing.... whatever you use for it and if you dont believe me search Code Academy
Come on, guys! His computer crashed! Or, no, he had backups on his three other computers and his thumb drive and he goes back and forth between them so much that the data he thought he lost was actually backed up from the previous day. Or, no, he doesn't know how to turn on javascript to actually test play all that data he worked on for all that time.

In all seriousness, he really should've tried Python... u.u" But he'll probably never figure out how to modify his environment variable so he can turn on the code in the command prompt, if he even knows what a command line interface is.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I honestly didn't understand 90% of what Nod said. But I'm sure his game is in closed beta... He seems like a real go getter.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
I honestly didn't understand 90% of what Nod said.
He changed his story a lot, and in (sarcastically) trying to defend him, I kept having to change my defense. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
But I'm sure his game is in closed beta... He seems like a real go getter.
Most indubitably!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Coffee Mug

Ummm, I think you guys should go back and read a few things :P
It would be up by now, but I restarted making it multiplayer about a week or two ago... Also, I never changed my story, silly, you guys just ignored a lot of the things I said, so it seems that way to you.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Ummm, I think you guys should go back and read a few things :P
It would be up by now, but I restarted making it multiplayer about a week or two ago... Also, I never changed my story, silly, you guys just ignored a lot of the things I said, so it seems that way to you.
Have you actually gone back and read your own posts? You really weren't consistent. If you actually went back and read all of your posts, you'd understand why people say what they say, and react as they do towards you.

Just pretending that everything is exactly how you planned and wanted doesn't make it so.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:03 PM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

Plot twist: Josiah comes back a few months from now, completely literate, and gives us all a link to an amazing Wyvern-like game that he made from scratch.

Unlikely, sure, but I'd love to see the reactions from everyone if by some twist of fate that happened.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerath View Post
Plot twist: Josiah comes back a few months from now, completely literate, and gives us all a link to an amazing Wyvern-like game that he made from scratch.

Unlikely, sure, but I'd love to see the reactions from everyone if by some twist of fate that happened.
I would praise the heavens, sadly, this would only be an act of God. He doesn't even know how to turn on javascript. I do, however, commend that he keeps coming back. Either he's a troll, or he really has something he needs to prove to us.

Last edited by Nodlove : 01-07-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Okay, seriously, I explained things horribly because I was only like 12, but you guys did ignore alot of what I said. Either that, or you just misunderstood me numerous times. But that would be pretty funny to see how you guys responded after so much doubt that a kid can actually be able to program at all :P
Old 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Forum Admin

You should post some screenshots of this game of yours. I'm sure everyone here would love to see some of your designs.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Okay, seriously, I explained things horribly because I was only like 12, but you guys did ignore alot of what I said. Either that, or you just misunderstood me numerous times. But that would be pretty funny to see how you guys responded after so much doubt that a kid can actually be able to program at all :P
So at the wise old age of thirteen you are now going to prove us wrong?
I admit you appear slightly more literate, so who knows.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I really want to see these pictures of his game.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Player Mod

Quote:
You should post some screenshots of this game of yours. I'm sure everyone here would love to see some of your designs.
I would bet money that he comes back with screenshots from Crossfire.

It's unfortunate that none of the "Buying Wyvern" ideas have ever gotten much traction. The Blender Foundation was able to successfully do this with Blender, and make the product much more popular than it ever was before.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Forum Admin

So, we've heard from Josiah who has since revealed that he's been playing around with the Game Maker program and has been delayed because he's making his game multiplayer despite not making any effort to correct people when they repeatedly said that they didn't believe he could code a MMORPG from scratch and despite the part where he said the following:

Quote:
HAHAHA im 13 and im more then half way through making it i dont have a dream i have a game in beta thats like wyvern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrus
I think I was 16 when I "tried". The amount of work that needs to go into this project far exceeds what I'm willing to devote, especially since I'm not an artist.

Josiah if you don't have a lot of experience in building large scale applications involving a Server I would highly recommend looking into another kind of game and seek experience first. If your heart is set on developing a MMO you should check out the open source project from Mozilla http://browserquest.mozilla.org/. This is going to be one of the simplest functioning MMOs you find being it's almost entirely developed in JavaScript.
You dont realize I am experienced.
Now that all of that has been settled, () anyone care to hear from Harbringer since Rhialto has announced that he's legally unable to open source Wyvern? *snickers*
Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 PM

Haven't been on since my last post :P
You want a screenshot you say?
http://imgur.com/W2KDrze,eWiRtSd,ccdcms5#0
http://imgur.com/W2KDrze,eWiRtSd,ccdcms5#1
http://imgur.com/W2KDrze,eWiRtSd,ccdcms5#2
Convinced yet? This is what it looked like before I started from scratch multiplayer.... It has some things I am going to change, like the chatbox's font, and some graphics are horrible. But I would be willing to change anything that would be illegal due to copyright problems.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 PM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Mah without Pillars =! wyvern
Old 01-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Psssh! I can add those :P
Also just noticed it didn't say 'Tile' next to the picture of a tile... You know....?