Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Gotta love the telephone game.

Except.. wait.. this is a thread?!? That means.. *Scrolls up*

No, Wyvern is not going 3d. Ever. (I hope).

*Looks perplexed*

This thread is being rapidly de-railed. My apologies, binsenkind. I think that may be my fault.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloogah View Post
Did I hear correctly? Wyvern is going 3d?
Wyvern is actually gone 4g.
(gone for good)

edit: Minecraft and xboxlive are doing great though.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Libby has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Okay so Wyvern is down... Couldn't tell if it was playable & just not being updated or if it was down completely. I hope I can play it again, these other MMOs just aren't doing it for me!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
Wyvern is actually gone 4g.
(gone for good)

edit: Minecraft and xboxlive are doing great though.
I doubt I have to remind anyone of this, but.. don't listen to Trolyr.

On that note, I have a strong feeling that Rhialto isn't going to abandon Wyvern, period. But Wyvern seems to me, at the same time, to be a very large and oft time-consuming sort of project. If nothing else, I imagine it might get put on a side-burner for a while, but undoubtedly, it'll be back. It's just a matter of when, and what it'll take to get to that point.

On the off chance that R has indeed completely lost interest in Wyvern, then I still don't believe for a second that he'd let it die like this. If it means handing it over to someone else to maintain, that's the route (or something along those lines) that I would expect him to take.

But then again, I've been wrong before.

(@Libby - Yes, the server is down at the moment. It's been down for a couple months now, originally to change the static IP. There have been quite a few threads posted about it, you can read those for a better idea of what's been going on. I recommend starting with "Downtime" in the Announcements section, but there are several others in the General section as well.)

Last edited by Kama : 07-11-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Grammar and Content
Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 PM

felorn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I agree with Kama after 10 years I don't think he would just dump it like that.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felorn View Post
I agree with Kama after 10 years I don't think he would just dump it like that.
Tesh said his attitude towards Wyvern hasn't changed, and I get the impression he'll fix the current issues "when he has the time". It's probably just that sort of thing.

In the meantime, best thing we can do is keep e-mailing him.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM

Thonkhs has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i agree with kama... i hope its like that. emailing him, thats what i can do write him an email ...... ...*jupms in her postbox just in a mood to write r. a small short letter.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM

felorn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Right now I wish there was a offline version even would make me feel better.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:34 PM

Demula has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via ICQ to Demula Send a message via AIM to Demula Send a message via Yahoo to Demula Send a message via Skype™ to Demula

offline be nice atm
Old 08-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Newnagaraga has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
I doubt I have to remind anyone of this, but.. don't listen to Trolyr.

On that note, I have a strong feeling that Rhialto isn't going to abandon Wyvern, period. But Wyvern seems to me, at the same time, to be a very large and oft time-consuming sort of project. If nothing else, I imagine it might get put on a side-burner for a while, but undoubtedly, it'll be back. It's just a matter of when, and what it'll take to get to that point.

On the off chance that R has indeed completely lost interest in Wyvern, then I still don't believe for a second that he'd let it die like this. If it means handing it over to someone else to maintain, that's the route (or something along those lines) that I would expect him to take.

But then again, I've been wrong before.

(@Libby - Yes, the server is down at the moment. It's been down for a couple months now, originally to change the static IP. There have been quite a few threads posted about it, you can read those for a better idea of what's been going on. I recommend starting with "Downtime" in the Announcements section, but there are several others in the General section as well.)

I have seen the exact same thing that is happening to wyvern happen to a MMO with a lower playerbase. Just like on the announcement page, we are told that the mastermind had a problem and the server would be up shortly, then there is a problem and It would take a certain amount of time, then after no responce, we have been left in the dark. Unfortunately in that case, the game was shut down, I hope that doesn't happen to wyvern, I have too many memories of playing this for it to be shut down, but at the moment, it is not looking to good.