Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Bitsey has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
I would certainly hope he has some sort of GUI working after 150-200+ hours on a project. It's not unrealistic to think he would be using placeholders of some sort if all he is doing is strictly code.
why would you build the GUI first? The actual gui itself is, honestly, the easiest part (excepting the production of the art files). It's a framework - that's the source of complexity.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsey View Post
why would you build the GUI first? The actual gui itself is, honestly, the easiest part (excepting the production of the art files). It's a framework - that's the source of complexity.

I thought I said something about working 40 hours a week for four weeks and then thinking it would be unrealistic to not have a GUI by then. 160 hours on a coding project such as this should have some sort if graphical element. And I don't mean finalized with graphics. I mean a placeholder to use so the game itself can be exported and ran in order to test out bits of code. I don't think the engine for a game like this would take four weeks to make at 40 hours a week, but I do believe it could be built upon as time goes on. When I say GUI I mean in terms of the game itself, not something such as the map editor. If you assign the arrow keys or number pad as the movement function, how would you test it without a GUI?

Edit: Arilou, where did you hear that he's no longer making a new game?

Last edited by Rarkvar : 06-19-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
Edit: Arilou, where did you hear that he's no longer making a new game?
Where do you think? Rhialto emailed me. Yes, for real. No, I will not reveal any further details regarding our exchange.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:36 PM

Infurno has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Arilou

Why would you sound so apathetic towards such information? I thought you had hope like us.

From a rakshasa lover
Old 12-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Forum Admin

What rock did you crawl out of that you thought I, who has repeatedly said that the game going down was a great thing for me, would have hope for its return? I announced that I would no longer work on Wyvern after it went down in 2011, and I have never played the game, so what is there about a possible return for me to look forward to? The hours of organizational work I promised to do to make sure that my content is problem free before making my retirement official? Yeah, no, I much rather there not be any game, so I don't have to do that.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Exclamation Probably Not Gonna Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
I was going to put this in the Update Megathread but since it's a new game I'll start a new one. I inquired to R about the new game, and he shot me back an email. He said I could share this stripped down version:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Rhialto
Maybe you could share a heavily stripped down version:

* Rhialto's working 50+ hours a week on the sequel
* Expect to be able to start as an invite-only beta tester in October.
* Open public access should be in about a year.

Is that OK?

For legal reasons I'd rather refer to it as a sequel, even though all the user-generated content (maps, monsters, quests, items, etc.) will be the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not posting this for everyone to get their hopes up, but the few that stick around and look for updates every day I'm sure would like this little bit of information.

- Bullfrog
So according to this, in about 2 months and 8 days it should be open for public access.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:30 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
What rock did you crawl out of that you thought I, who has repeatedly said that the game going down was a great thing for me, would have hope for its return? I announced that I would no longer work on Wyvern after it went down in 2011, and I have never played the game, so what is there about a possible return for me to look forward to? The hours of organizational work I promised to do to make sure that my content is problem free before making my retirement official? Yeah, no, I much rather there not be any game, so I don't have to do that.
I'm glad I can always count on this forum to supply me with a healthy dose of depression when I'm feeling too happy.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Forum Admin

*raises an eyebrow* How exactly is it that my reiteration of the disinterest I have over Wyvern's status trigger your depression? I appreciate that with mental illness we can't always expect one to have logical responses to things, but that seems particularly bizarre.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Moogly has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Oh boy a sequel! I expect it to be released in late Fall of 2032.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
*raises an eyebrow* How exactly is it that my reiteration of the disinterest I have over Wyvern's status trigger your depression? I appreciate that with mental illness we can't always expect one to have logical responses to things, but that seems particularly bizarre.
Probably because that was the first time I'd seen you explicitly state your disinterest. It's hard to pay attention to everything you say when the majority of it involves eating hobbits.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Forum Admin

Je apprécie aussi le goût des Nagas.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Je apprécie aussi le goût des Nagas.
Loosely translated - Arilou is going to eat you.