Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Wyvern Related > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:08 PM

tangar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Computer Mouse Wyvern - PC client

Hi ho!

It would be GREAT to have PC-like version of the game. It could be even not stand-alone client, but still Android application package, but with some preset features, suitable for comfortable gaming at PC.

Example:

1) predefined aliases for Num Pad
- move to all directions with numpad 1-9 (now you have to create it from scratch for each character)
- 'face' to all directions with Shift+(numpad 1-9)
// currently alliaces for numpad+shift doesn't work

2) possibility to show/hide UI elements with a hotkey. EX: no need to have inventory opened all the time, I would prefer to have bigger message window

3) possibility to re-adjust UI elements at the screen.

4) to be able to have game window (graphical part of the game) a bit wider. I got 27' display and it would be great to have possibility to increase width of game window for ~30% (it would be possible without harm if there would be possibility to hide inventory tab)

Post @ my tavern // yeah, I've made Wyvern fan-site section at my personal web-page

Last edited by tangar : 09-21-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Joystick

Some moar stuff:
- possibility to put aliases for F1-F12 keys
- possiblity to assign aliases to additional mouse buttons

Please... It would be so comfortable to play with this stuff
Old 09-23-2017, 04:15 AM

Thumbs up

Also - possibility to hold mouse button all the time to move around (like in 'Diablo' games) - so player wouldn't need to click all the time.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

I was told that a new PC client is coming out in a relatively short period of time from now.

You could use the NumPad to move by default in the old one, expanding the message window was possible either by dragging its border or going into the client's setting, and it was possible to move while clicking but it wasn't super user friendly. Its main problem was that when you clicked offscreen it would display a message identifying the darkness/wall/whatever you clicked on, rather than moving you in the direction of your mouse until you couldn't move any longer. Some people managed to make it work, but I think most people relied on their keyboard.

Also, expanding the window was, of course, possible, but it wouldn't expand the game screen beyond 13x13 titles. That would stay the same and it would fill a lot of the extra space with gray nothingness (you would be able to get more chat space, though). The reason for this was one of economics. More tiles meant more bandwidth, which meant higher costs. I know nothing about what is going on now besides an ETA I was given on the PC client, but based on past experience I doubt that will be any different this time around unless people pay for that feature.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

PC launch is the next "big" priority now that Apple and Android are finished. It will launch on the Steam client. In the meantime you can play on an Android emulator which is similar to playing on a PC. I wrote a guide here.

R also mentioned revamping the UI as much as possible. Moving UI elements will be part of that and it has already started with him allowing you to move the "firing/moving circle" anywhere you wish.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:52 AM
Forum Admin

What ever happened with the PC client? Did people forget to PM me again so that I could send out an announcement? I thought it was right around the corner.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

This is what I saw as a bystander:

Steve was working on it but then he managed to somehow upset someone with extreme autism.
This autist singlehandedly forced steve to go 'Classic Wyvern Wizard' on his *** when the autist proceeded to spam the **** out of the game with multiple accounts. Steve had to implement new spam and shadowbanning mechanisms.

The autist then began hitting the game servers with a DDOS attack, and also found some kind of a vulnerability where they could ask the game to perform expensive calculations which cost Steve a lot of money and ran out the server's resources for the month. This resulted in the game being up and down for a bit. Some players stepped forward to help Steve resolve the issue in a more permanent manner, using standard enterprise class techniques developed to prevent this exact thing from happening.

Then some other minor stuff happened? I can't really remember too well.

Finally, Steve decided to quit google and fly across the pacific to work on what is basically the Uber of Southeast Asia, so lots of things are on hold until that stabilized.

This is all while he's a one man band trying to deal with players getting up to their usual **** with exploiting bugs and being needy, which this time has direct monetary consequences to him keeping wyvern alive.

It's been an absolute blast to watch.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:22 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Well. . . that entire sentence was one giant rollercoaster ride of disaster and mayhem.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Forum Admin

I see. Well, I sort of remember being told that you guys were DOS attacked awhile back. Any chance it was Arkillion again? I never ended up telling Rhialto to watch out for him.