Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz
Just want to say how happy I am to see wyvern returning to us. The weekly updates are a real treat. Just as a player I wanted to ask a few tings.

1) After the website is complete, I know a lot of us really want to start testing the game again in it's original form the way we all remember it. Bringing the game up before working on a mobile client would really excite all the fans that have been waiting years and years for the return. Most have agreed that we would pay money to keep the servers running with the stress of a normal client, and all think it should be the biggest priority for wyvern. It is the game we all love after all.

2) Contrare has done extensive work with the code and might be willing to help with any of the work if you asked. Arilou and Teshuvah are also around still on the forums. Just thought I would remind you about him since he has done a lot of work for the game and if you were looking for help could be a good resource. His email is Contrare@gmail.com

Otherwise we are all happy work is being put into the game, we all just hope the priority is the game we all love so we can help beta test and make it better once again. Thanks R!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto
Hiya!

I think getting the basic server up and running, just as it was before, is going to be the first order of business. There will be some testing allowed -- probably whitelisted to a small group of trusted players.

Google has told me that today they are kind of expensive for running things like Wyvern. They are not yet competitive with Amazon's pricing structure for long-running jobs. If Google gives me free computing access (which they might!) then I can run a copy of the old Wyvern for as long as we want, and open it up to anyone, just like before. If I have to pay for it, well, we'll have to figure something out.

I may be able to farm out some of the work to Contrare; I'll ping him. E.g. he may be able to help me port the website, after I get it down to a mechanical thing.

Cheers,

R
This is an email from Rhialto. These sentences are to reach character minimum. <.<