Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default waiting for reboot. Glorious day of wyvern

I hate-love myself... Yeah, im able to get tons of xp, kill really hard monsters, go to lq and not die... but that’s it… I’m playing this game as a robot, only thinking in get money get xp and qp… I’m not longer exploring, I’m not longer trying new sets of skills… and well that’s what you get after 4 years of play a game. You think you know it all.

I remember my old banned main alt, the first I hofer… with tons of useless alias to do things like play guitar, or make good looking magic effects, set magic mouth stupid messages al over the word map, charming npc and trying to do false lq, etc… and with over 1k death for going to pk areas.

That first alt, which died solving quest for the first time, which was trying to find new areas all the time, and die trying so, who didn’t know about death pro amys (and died for that), who didn’t know about resist spells and burn himself so much that took a month to level to lvl9… that first alt who took me over a year to hofer cos he died so much… That first alt who was: mage, then fighter, then mage again, then enchanter, then armor maker, then back to mage then banded. Yeah… that first alt that I will never forget…

And well… that’s what really this game was about, and I’m sure that for me those were the glorious days of wyvern… when it used to be a rpg and not a robot-playing-game… o well… maybe its just me, maybe is you too, I really don’t know. But what I do know is that this robot is going back to the game now that reboot is over. Who knows, maybe I find a guitar and try some new alias ;-)

Last edited by Unknown : 01-01-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:09 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I envy your first alt.

Sometimes I don't even know why I play the game the way I do...
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 AM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Haha my 1st alt was a dark elf. Got to lvl 7 in 2 weeks haha. I guess thats what happens when you train in blades and use an elven broadsword...
Old 01-01-2008, 04:16 AM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

my first char was a dwarf...trained almost every skill there was..got to level 11 and made about 10 more afterwards

right now its a routine when i get on wyvern..run loot spots find potions and scrolls rd and repeat..robot defines it perfect >.<
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 AM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Nice post imo, really enjoyable read.

My first alt was actually a pretty decent archer, but I was lucky enough to have help, both verbal and financial (back in the day, when you could still simply give people money). I had loads of +8 bolts that my helper gave me and I managed to lose a whole lot of them as I often died or was too afraid to retrieve them. By level 14 (I thought that was a huge thing at the time) I was fed up with the character (too much running around) and fed up with Wyvern due to it so I killed a few butterflies, got thrown in jail and shot all my +8 bolts away into various jail cells to ensure that I never return to the character and therefore the game again. I was 13 or something back then. I returned in a year or maybe 2 and am playing now at the age of 18.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Myself has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswift View Post
Haha my 1st alt was a dark elf. Got to lvl 7 in 2 weeks haha. I guess thats what happens when you train in blades and use an elven broadsword...

You make me feel much better about taking (if I remember correctly) a week to get to level 7 with my pixie.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:18 PM

CasualCrisis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My first main alt was aimed to -reach- that robot state, but I never did. I had a Lion Rakshasa who didn't spam heal, potion heal, or use the skill healing, he just wouldn't...heal. Every time I needed health I would run back to blackrose and use the chapel fountain. I got to level 12 before I realized it was stupid, but I distinctly remember looting the ant place just south of new verdan, and having to run up to blackrose 7-8 times to heal just to survive the whole area. Oh, and I trained dodge xD which seems stupid now.

Today I still can't really be a robot, I talk and socialize too much, and test out random aliases in NVA because it's actually kind of fun. I remember I spent a whole week sitting in Maiye waiting for the Rare Wyvern Rose to come up, only to find out I needed 100k, not 10k, to buy one. Ah well, Wyvern was totally worth it.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:55 PM

kraga has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to kraga

I started playing way back in August of '03. My first char, a naga, got to about lvl 12 before my internet died and I was forced to quit for about 2 months. In that time, all the people who started when I did (like Sergano) all managed to HoF and I was left in the dust :'(. Took me about 2 months to HoF, and after that it was clear sailing to 28. It was soooo much easier to level then, when you could have people just give you full agility gear that they didn't want anymore, or you could just be given every dsm possible by someone who was quitting, lol. Anyhow, just figured I'd post while I'm bored.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM

Toe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, as many old players know, my first character was Javanite, a dwarven axeman. I started back in late 2002 and I had a great time learning the game. Exploring was loads of fun. Tons of maps that rarely got traffic because they were so hidden away. I remember getting my first mithril axe, my first mithril armor, and my first DSM. It was a +7 Green DSM given to me by Rilassa. I was so excited, but I got greedy, not knowing the mechanics of enchanting, and used an enchant armor scroll on it to make it a +8. Needless to say, I blew that armor to pieces. Let's see...when I made pruflus, I had one goal in mind, beat brachius in PK (which I managed to do). But that character had little to no RP value, and didn't yield much in the way of good old fashioned fun. Toe, which I still play today, has to be my favorite character to date. He allows me to explore all the undiscovered maps of the game to my best ability. Every now and then I pick a town, and start wandering into every room, crevice, and hole I can find just to see what I find. RD's are fun, but there's nothing like finding a secret passageway to "who-knows-where".
Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

my first alt was a pixie... i had lots of fun with him and with hard work i managed to get him to level 1... then i started binsenkind )
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

my first character was in fact a human, but by mistake << I thought I had picked a dwarf, and when i got to the game, I was like..dam. So I played for about 10 mins, and realized that i couldnt kill a thing cause I had no skills..I deleted him right away, and made a dwarf.

Kingfry <.> he was my dwarf, and he has a long history. He's that guy that just wasn't meant to be lol. I restarted him so many times, and here is the story of kingfry :P

I get to lvl 12, using 5 merchant skill, some jewler skill, i managed to train some dodge and some strength, and got a ring of axe proficiency, and axe mastery to wear, so i thought i was sitting pretty well with my skills. I walked into the arena, and got killed by a lvl 7. I was like, how does that work lol...and it wasn't a fluke. I died 5 more times too, no contest :P So i figured out it was my skills, and it would be a lot easier to restart, and that is what I did.

This restart of kingfry, was my best one. I figured out that i needed to train axe skill and gear agility gear. It was slow leveling at first. I would go to minath and black rose and fight dragons and what not. During this time, my cousin, as you all know as Nightswift, was on his alt Nightrunner. He was doing exceptionally well, and he was healing, and summoning ghasts lol. I figured healing, was definitely the way to go. So i switched my skills around, and trained some incantation, and became a healing dwarf. I got to lvl 24, killing naga guards, killing random Arch dracos and killing ghasts 1 at a time. I got to 17k tnl, and I was full of myself. I told everyone I was gona kill 2 arch dracos to level myself up. Needless to say, i died, of DR, forgot to put ammy on, and it booted, way before i could get a res scroll and go back. So i made him a smith...

Got tired of smith eventually, and restarted him..got him to lvl 23 again. I won my first lq, was so happy. I beat raze, and I remember vividly, that irano and lordz were on participating in the lq. I had died a lot of times though, to death ray, so i was at 1million xp, and the worst part was, i won a plain gold ring. So i restarted...

Lvl 23 again, and went paladin, was so weak i decided to retire him...

Got bored and restarted him and he sits as a level 1 now <.>
Old 01-03-2008, 02:36 AM

Frostneo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, in early '03 is when i created Doomdragon, my first character.
Started off as a dwarf, and leveled relatively quickly, but had no idea what to train my skills in, seeing as my best friend Kiko (now known as Hellmage) was a mage and i was a warrior.

So, i trained a bit of everything. Axes, swords, spirit travel, meditation, healing, blacksmith, fire magic, ranged weapons. The whole lot. I ended up getting to level 14 and was stuck there, with 0 xp. Had plenty of nice stuff since everything was so easy to loot then.

Stopped playing him, and made a mage. That didn't last long. Then made a frost giant, which i made massive amounts of money on, but again had no xp and was only lvl 11.

Made Dragneo, and he was my first successful character. With the much needed advice from Pol and Ramans, I managed to get to level 23, and i could decently full heal and was guilded. That was short lived, for i was cought transfering money from that guy to Centauriumx, who was level 8 or so at the time. Dragneo was permabanned for me allowing my best friend to go on him to help me transfer the money. Lesson learned, I lost my most valuable and fun character to date.

Trained Centauriumx, finally guilded. Loved it, leveled remotely quickly. With the help of some very important friends, i HoFed my first character.

Soon got melee res rings from Pol, but due to a large amount of harassment from people saying i didnt "deserve" those rings, and because i got tired of that character, i sold the rings. One to nightswift and the other to Toe (i think).

Got tired of that character and HoFed Ragzaz, whom was already level 24 with like 1.3mil tnl and was like that for a good half a year. Didn't hardly play on Ragzaz after that.

So, I've made a good 20-25 characters in my time, these being my most significant. Now I'm working on Frostneo, who should have been leveled multiple times already had the server not been down.

Ah, i sure do miss the good ol' days when wyvern wasnt routine. I agree, and ive tried multiple times to make it not so routine. THings like selling all the equipment i have on characters so that i wouldnt want to play them anymore, and stuff like that. Didn't work, I'm as routine a player as ever.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Flintfire has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My first character was an elven swordsman that I just couldn't do anything with. I died several times, but one memory that stands out in my mind is when I was level 4, I managed to take down a fire shoggoth without dying.

I've since tried to make another elven swordsman many times, but I can never seem to keep the character alive long enough to get past level 8...

My first successful character was Flintfire, the dwarf that I got to level 10 in about 15 minutes (give or take 3 minutes), thanks to the large number of goblins and orcs I killed in a short time.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:49 AM

Mashirafen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Mashirafen

My first character was spikything, back in early 2002 was it? I remember I got to level 9 in a month, then got stuck because I forgot about training skills. I spent my time drinking invisibility potions and slaughtering orcs (though I still died too often from other stuff to level up) and exploring the land, often in places meant for higher leveled players.

But now I'm going to start afresh and try to actually get somewhere, while still retaining the same sense of fun.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Frostbash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default my character

Well, before saying which character I made first and going on through the whole list of characters I had gone through, Im gonna talk about how I "met" wyvern. I like many of you guys (probably at least 90 percent of the people who play wyvern) started off playing runescape. It was, as everyone knows, very boring and too many players are on there, not to mention too many servers and for a 3d game it was really uninspiring because I hate 3d games and the fact that I had to pay to get cool armor and stuff. So then I decided to go 2D after lots of thought when I had left RS. So one day on google, I searched "free mmorpg 2d games" so then it was just crazy. I saw so many, even crossfire and terraworld and tibia and many more of which were really inspiring and rich in gaming, but none really sparked me more than wyvern because the whole thing about "player to player" trade cant be done and stuff makes the game more challenging. Honestly many people might hate it but I love it. It makes people actually feel proud of themselves to get money. I know I was when I had made my first 100k. Also with a no player to player trading system, you dont have little new players running around begging for money like other games which is one major reason I stayed in this game. NOW to talk about my characters. I first made my character as human like most people, not knowing what I was doing and just learning to cope with the game. Until level 10, I had like totally messed up my skills cause I didnt know what I was doing. I had a skill in unarmed, 2 in swords, 1 in axe, a couple of lore after learning to do magic and stuff. I then realized this character was wrong and so I made a pixie to become a mage. After making the pixie, everything was ok until I realized that I had messed up skills and money again. Then I went through many more players, about 9 more, which include a halfling (after seeing deathwish and his cool hop picture) and seeing nagas and stuff but up till then, I hated giants. I had never made a giant and told myself I never would. Until one day, in the arena, I dont remember who I was fighting but it was a giant, but he was standing in the middle of the arena in br and people just ran into him, and they all died, it was like he was invinsible and so I decided to check out giants. One the first day, starting out with frostbash the frost giant, I made it to level 14, I was so surprised at how much fun they were and how much powerful and stuff they would become. Until, I have been playing frostbash, but my only problem is that I keep dying at level 22. I have been there for so long. I created that player at november of 2004 and after a while of playing until three or four months later I got to 22, I stopped playing cause of school problems and stuff and I totally forgot about wyvern until one day I come back and see wyvern is DOWN. So, like everyone else I stay in the forums and *do my best to bring wyvern back*. What I did, however; which I am not allowed to say, actually bought wyvern hope of coming back and it came back and now I am here again and am playing wyvern once more, just .....until a couple of days ago it got down again and am waiting .....once again!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

after reading this it reminded me of the first time i killed the brown dragon in the NV cave, and i felt like i was the greatest wyvern player ever. Good times
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

((Sniffle)) My first character was a dwarf. I forgot his name but I was kind of decent for a new player. I trained 4 axes, 2 or 3 lore, 2 healing, 7 dodge, and 6 spirit travel along with a bunch of zoology. Although I was around level 11 I still trained in the Beginner New Verden Area. I got my first mithril axe and was so happy. After killing tons of orcs I managed to by the armor of my dreams, a bronze platemail (not knowing that AC didnt work.) One day I wadnered into a dark cave and encountered a weak looking creature, a water nymph. I charged at it and it stole all of my stuff. I tried to blood dart it to death because it was the only thing I could think to do and needless to say, that didnt work. I lost all of my stuff on that character that day and started expirementing with other races.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:00 PM

So! 4 years have been since I was active in this forum. After catching up to date and looking at the updates of R, I'm looking forward for this alpha testing.

I can see the game is bringing lots of changes, but the main one got me hooked is that the excessive interaction between players and Wizards will stop, finding a bug is something that you will actually look forward now as it'll be something you can exploit, and instead of making it harder and harder to play to keep up with increasing lvling players, there will be a reasonable cap after lvl 20... So over all I feel it's great news.

I also hope I got the chance to reconnect with old friends who like me must be now in the late 20s early 30s... who knows maybe guys like warcow decide to return, now that the game scope is to be fun and not anti-cheating.

I will have the opportunity to take it easy and enjoy a bit of nostalgia. Now i don't have the amount of free time I used to, so I can forget about aiming to be in top player list... it will be more what it used to be the game for that first character. making fun aliases, finding training spots and playing guitar

See you all around in the alpha testing
2008-06-14 12:58:18 Deathwish – killed by a poisonous Xipe Totec corpse
Old 07-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I can see the game is bringing lots of changes, but the main one got me hooked is that the excessive interaction between players and Wizards will stop, finding a bug is something that you will actually look forward now as it'll be something you can exploit, and instead of making it harder and harder to play to keep up with increasing lvling players, there will be a reasonable cap after lvl 20... So over all I feel it's great news.

I also hope I got the chance to reconnect with old friends who like me must be now in the late 20s early 30s... who knows maybe guys like warcow decide to return, now that the game scope is to be fun and not anti-cheating.
See you all around in the alpha testing
If cheating is the reason you enjoy a game then either there is something wrong with that game or you have a god complex.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:30 AM

Yo Draco,

To be able to exploit every feature of the game (as long as you are not affecting the game experience of others) without fear of retaliation, that's what I mean. Please don't start making it personal and accusing me of god like complex... dude it's just a game, there's nothing wrong with me.

I got to admit, I was able to discover only 1 bug of medium relevance in the many years I played: been able to double the bonus you get from a guild by making some kind of sequence of wearing and unwearing stuff. Man how frustrating it was that upon discovering and reporting it, instead of a thanks and a reward what I got was a request to log off and threat that if I was saw doing it again I was joining the ban pile.

Now, how can you motivate players to explore find, errors, and report them if you gave no reward but just punishments? and isn't the whole purpose of beta testing to do that? to get people to handle what could potentially be the final product and provide feedback.

From what I can see, when/if the games comes out, there will still be the role of wizard, and they will still be generating new content (which I must say, I believe they did a fair job doing), and there will still be interaction between players and wizards, and that's ok what will change is the moderation bit... after reading the reddit logs I see now I was not the only one who found it extremely invasive for wizards to be able to pop out on private conversations, or to track you every move in the game for example.

But anyway, my objective on this post is not to trash talk about the wizes. I just have high expectations now that I have read all of Steve's announcements on how the game is coming back. Even the fact that it's oriented for tablets and phones I think it's a smart move, as it mean you have more flexibility to when and where you can play.
2008-06-14 12:58:18 Deathwish – killed by a poisonous Xipe Totec corpse

Last edited by Unknown : 07-03-2016 at 03:56 AM.