Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Traps

At first I was watching a video of a Zeik LQ and saw all the mana drain traps and thought "man I'd hate to have to wade through all those traps with those massive diamond golems after me" and then realized that traps were never a big threat to me which made me wonder why traps weren't that dangerous (aside from the dreaded high level magic trap when teleport fails).

1: I know there is a find-traps spell, is there a skill for it as well and does the spell/(skill) work?

2: Last time I played, the majority of traps were negated by flying. Is it still like this?

3: Have traps ever been a big threat to any of you? In my past experiences I only remember getting stuck in webs and teleporting away when I hit a magic trap.

4: What's your most hated (or deadliest) trap you've encountered?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I know there's a search command, but I have no idea if it works now, or how well.

The single most annoying and deadly modern trap, in my opinion, is the net trap. It affects flying creatures, and getting caught in one at the wrong place and time has killed me a few times.

When I've got three Ghasts and an AD on my tail, and I get stuck in a net trap, it's usually not good..

Last edited by Kama : 12-29-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

The spell works but if I recall correctly, it only finds traps directly next to you. The skill was broken I believe.

Some traps are negated by flying but not most(the mana trap still got you.) Another trap was added, a net I believe. It is the equivalent of a bear trap but catches flying foes.

Teleporting out of traps was removed.

My most hated trap was probably the net trap.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

At first I was watching a video of a Zeik LQ and saw all the mana drain traps and thought "man I'd hate to have to wade through all those traps with those massive diamond golems after me" and then realized that traps were never a big threat to me which made me wonder why traps weren't that dangerous (aside from the dreaded high level magic trap when teleport fails).
Quote:
1: I know there is a find-traps spell, is there a skill for it as well and does the spell/(skill) work?
Only if the traps are next to you.
Quote:
2: Last time I played, the majority of traps were negated by flying. Is it still like this?
We have net traps now.
Quote:
3: Have traps ever been a big threat to any of you? In my past experiences I only remember getting stuck in webs and teleporting away when I hit a magic trap.
Mana traps suck considering I play as a mage. Net traps and web traps during the Gore and Dogore fights are almost instant death. Good thing I invest in portable holes lol. Summon traps in high level areas are the worst though. Monopods and ghasts, ew. Human mages aren't built to handle that.
Quote:
4: What's your most hated (or deadliest) trap you've encountered?
Answered above.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Mana drains and summon traps were by far the worst for me, since I've yet to create a non-squishy character or one that doesn't rely heavily on their mana.

Another terrible trap was the fireball one. I'd be trying to carefully tread my way through a trap room in order to get the potentially nice loot sitting in the middle, when I'd accidentally stand on a fireball trap and destroy the loot. This has happened so many times that sometimes I don't even bother with trap rooms.

Oh, and spiderwebs. Those things absolutely refuse to break. They're major annoyances.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

the find traps spell.. ACTUALLY WORKS 0_0

What I REALLY HATE is when monsters step on summon traps...
the net trap is annoying, and the spider-web trap also...

teleport is handy, if you have it, can save you from certain situations.

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 PM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The best is when a monster steps on a fireball trap and kills itself... destroying the loot as well of course.

No, I have never had this happen to me, why do you ask?

[Also: find traps skill does not currently have an effect that I recall.]
Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I remember find traps actually WORKING... last time I used it..

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Player Mod

I found an update that wasn't too old (2009 or 2010?) that said the spell worked. But I'm still unclear if the "skill" works.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The skill was still broken when the game went down. Certain races have it naturally and they were never able to use it.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:27 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Mana drain traps were panic-inducing when I played my hydra. Especially if I was going along quickly and not paying much attention. I'd suddenly be seconds away from reverting back to naga form and facing certain doom.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

I've always believed rouges should have the ability to auto-detect traps given a certain percentage based on the difficulty of the trap and the level they are in the guild. When grouped it would reveal them to the party as well. Thus making the rouge a character you would want to bring with you to sneak ahead and scout out the situation.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Player Mod

I do agree with ya Bullfrogz. Although it would probably end up like High Elve's ability to detect traps automatically. With every step it uses the "search" command one time.

I think that it'd be best if rogues were given some skill points in find-traps and just alias the "search" command to look for traps instead of being automatic.

I'd settle for either function though, as with my low hp my rogue gets slaughtered by traps.