Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool Dracco's Log #1; Initial excitement for Wyvern dwindling while I avoid my homework.

Since Reddit is a nightmare to find new posts, and you're too cool (like me) to learn to use Reddit, I will be posting interpretations and/or summaries of things I find on the Wyvern SubReddit such as updates from Rhialto, expected changes, and other shenanigans.

I will post accurate information but try not to take my updates too seriously since I will exaggerate at times and my pessimism knows no bounds which will crush your hopes and dreams.

Rhialto Stuffs
So apparently Rhialto expects the website to be back up and running in about a month, which from the time of him posting that information means he expects it around May 1st. He finally fixed the Reddit link on the website! While others point out that it wasn't a big issue because the only ones who know the website are those already using the Reddit, but I will say to them: A dead Link do not a happy Zelda make.

Stock Market
Today in the Reddit Comment Karma market, "ARK" stock takes a huge dive as it merges with the Wyvern subreddit and posts stupid things to the small slice of the internet that has intelligence.

Community Outlook
It appears that the community is all for a stat wipe and starting new. There are a few wishing to keep certain things but I expect the stat wipe to go over smoothly.

Quest Information
One of the more serious topics I really need to stress, so hopefully no one makes a mistake, is that transfer of Quest Information is still illegal! If you end up giving out QI and get banned from a game that isn't even up this is what I'm going to do:

Dracco On: Wyvern Content Uploads and Server Clusters
Rhialto posts things I'm not sure are even real words.

Hot Debate A.K.A. "phat lewts"
Many are disappointed in the expected "slowing down" of Wyvern, mainly because we have absolutely no idea what is going to be slowed. Is it movespeed, is it command input speed, is it only monster speed? The world may never know but I do know one thing: someone will complain either way.

Advice Column
Today's advice comes from the player: Dracco (If you'd like to see your Wyvern advice posted here, here send me a PM)
I would like to list 5 spells that I want you to try the next time you're terrorizing halflings with your spells:
1. Frost Wave - Halflings stay good for up to 3 months when frozen!
2. Firefrost - Icy to dull the pain, hot to relax it away.
3. Create Earth Wall - Bury them halflings so they can't be found!
4. Acid Dart - It's hard for halflings to escape when they're blinded by acid.
5. Regeneration - Those halflings be packing, don't let them kill you.

Fun fact: Dracco originally tried to use the name "Draco" taken from the movie Dragonheart. After finding out it was taken, he got lazy and added an extra 'c' claiming that it adds character but deep down he knows it's all a lie. To the person who took the name I wanted: I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, but I have absolutely no ability to find you so you're probably going to be okay.

Last edited by Dracco : 04-13-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Great Updates

I love the updates. wonder how 'ARK' stock will perform this next quarter.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM

igorith has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm confused. How do we still know this wasn't a prank by Arilou? I feel like if new information comes out on the first of April, its probably not true. Did we ever debunk the idea that Arilou wasn't behind this whole "Wyvern Mobile" idea?

- Fortune Cookie
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*shakes head*
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

*joins Brionac in his head shaking* Some people are so untrusting and, frankly, I am hurt that you would think I would do such a thing. When the game comes back up in exactly 352 days you're going to be so sorry that you ever doubted me. *waggles a disapproving finger at igorith*
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
*joins Brionac in his head shaking* Some people are so untrusting and, frankly, I am hurt that you would think I would do such a thing. When the game comes back up in exactly 352 days you're going to be so sorry that you ever doubted me. *waggles a disapproving finger at igorith*
How dare they think you'd use something like Reddit, anyway!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Player Mod

Gold Dracco's Log #2; Money, money, money.

Rhialto Stuffs
Rhialto has previously mentioned that he doesn't expect the game to be up and running until fall. Given that he has omitted specifying which fall, I myself assume October 23, 2077. Initial release is expected to be on mobile devices only, with a possibility of a PC client that will cost money, I am sure we will learn more as R continues to work on it. His biggest shift is moving towards automatic administration. He also claims he will bring up the High Score list as it was just before it went down and keep those up forever in a frozen state.

Stock Market
The stock market is closed Sunday because the dwarves have to count their gold some time.

Community Outlook
Misunderstood jokes of a cash shop in Wyvern spawned rumors that it was going to actually happen. General consensus on cash shops is that they suck unless they're hat shops. Items that the majority of players would gladly pay for are as follows:
1. The game client.
2. Custom images.
3. HATS!

Live Quests
Paparazzi recently spotted Lag and the Mad Gander together in the local tavern! This comes just one week after reports that Lag ended the relationship with Coin Race.

Dracco On: Jruby on rails
I don't know what this is but Rhialto said words and things about switching to Django. Then he says more words, which I think are real, about switching to Jinja2 which I promptly Googled and is not as cool as I what I was imagining.

Hot Debate
The community is divided into many groups when it comes to skill building. There is ever so slight overlap in builds but it seems most will not agree with someone else's build. The one area everyone will agree with is we got to have that merchant.

Advice Column
Today's advice comes from the player: Dracco (Seriously, just send me a PM contributing advice. Don't leave me hangin' guys.)
When the day comes that Wyvern has finally emerged back into the world and a stat wipe has occurred, try communicating with your fellow players and plan out who is going to be what kind of weaponsmith. That way we can all enjoy a variety of smithed weapon types and the market for each type won't crash into the ground.

Fun fact: Touching a cactus is a favorite past time in the outlying lands around Bandar Gaah.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:22 PM

Xerxes has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Dracco, you are one incredibly bored genius. Also, who was surprised about the Gander anyway? He is mad, after all.

"Strike the earth!" - Dwarf Fortress

Xerxes the Human Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Shatter the Dwarven Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Rumor the Rakshasa Hall of Famer (Level 25)
Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Player Mod

Default Dracco's Log #3; Albino Halflings, my new greatest enemy.

Rhialto Stuffs
Rhialto, showing unwarranted agreement with an albino halfling, has begun to gradually add content to the website in what he calls a sign of good faith that he is really working on Wyvern. His current goal is to rebuild the website on the Google App Engine for work related matters. His expectation is for the website to be complete, minus some game-playing related functions, in 2-3 weeks.

Stock Market
Prices for WYV skyrocket as speculation sends the hope of the masses to the moon.

Community Outlook
Riots occur in the streets as the community gathers in a mass crowd to freak out over a miniscule update. Sadly, no halflings were injured.

Live Quests
When you're going about your business in Wyvern and you see an ominous serverwide message, make sure to ask "lq?" as much as possible. If you fail to do so the LQ egg will not hatch and turn into a baby Archus, Gore, Raze, or Zeik!

Dracco On: Google Computer Engine
I looked at the release notes, scoured through the patch notes reading update after update and researching as much as possible on this incredibly new and sophisticated variable server size hosting option and came to one conclusion: I am grossly unqualified for this.

Hot Debate
Can the game run without a website, I argue yes, Milky Way argues no. Who is right? When two idiots argue, no one is a winner.

Advice Column
Today's advice comes from the player: Glacio (You all can send me a PM with Wyvern advice to see it here)
Planning on making a giant? Want to be an elite axeman? Well here is some advice from the iceman himself! "Don't play giants. They suck after level 12 now." There you have it folks, so go out and make your giant axeman today! Or... whenever Rhialto gets around to adding that feature.

Fun fact: Be careful on your journeys, pixies carry a disease called pixius gelatinus! The immediate effects is a burning sensation of the infected area, usually a bite wound. 4 hours after infection the disease begins to remove all water content from your blood stream. 6 hours after infection the host begins to lose consciousness. 8 hours after infection the blood begins to form into store brand JellO (gross!). 12 hours after infection the host awakens as a green slime in New Verden having absolutely no idea how it got there.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:47 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracco View Post
Advice Column
Today's advice comes from the player: Glacio (You all can send me a PM with Wyvern advice to see it here)
Planning on making a giant? Want to be an elite axeman? Well here is some advice from the iceman himself! "Don't play giants. They suck after level 12 now." There you have it folks, so go out and make your giant axeman today!
Iceman himself? >.> please

But we are garbage.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Iceman himself? >.> please

But we are garbage.
Didn't want the competition?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

pfft I remember vividly someone begging for diamond axes and the such >.>
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 AM

Hoxid has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Check your tall privilege.

I've dumped about 3.5k hours into Team Fortress 2 at this point. Hats are second nature to me now. I'd throw money at my screen if I could wear a flaming alligator's head on all my characters.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default This Week?

Where's the summary of this week's update? =/
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodlove View Post
Where's the summary of this week's update? =/
What?! You didnt see it?!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I guess I must just be a bad reader. xD
Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

of course dwarfs know exactly all the time how much gold they have, "counting my gold" is an old dwarfen saying for doing something very personally, i wont´t go in detail now :-)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by binsenkind View Post
of course dwarfs know exactly all the time how much gold they have, "counting my gold" is an old dwarfen saying for doing something very personally, i wont´t go in detail now :-)

Unless you've had too much magic ale at which times you don't remember anything.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

as far as i remember, ale was indeed a significant part of it
Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Player Mod

Default Dracco's Log #4; The password is... "noupdate".

Rhialto Stuffs
Three weeks ago, Rhialto went missing. I put his face on milk cartons across the country but to no avail as it turns out the milk carton company was a sham and not actually run by a Nigerian Prince like I was lead to believe.

Stock Market
RHI stock somehow gains 2000 Karma and Reddit Gold for one simple reply of no noticeable substance which can only mean one thing: it's a Ponzi scheme set up by the dwarves!

Community Outlook/Obituary
The community attempted to gather on a Minecraft server to have some fun times but the server quickly died after only 2 weeks of life. Funeral services will be held Tuesday.

Live Quests
Any guesses on how many deaths will occur during the first live quest that will probably occur when most everyone is level 12-17? I'm thinking several hundred.

Dracco On: Tales of Maj'Eyal
Orcs are extinct and the "advanced races" have allied together? Well this game sounds terrible. I mean, I support the faux racism put in place for storyline but they could have at least made halflings extinct or made them the ultimate evil or something! What gives?*
*Disclaimer: Dracco has not even tried this game and only read a total of 2 paragraphs on the game's homepage.

Hot Debate
The community continues to argue how much free time Rhialto has, some say he is incredibly busy, others say he spends his time playing guitar and video games. I speculate that he is actually busy building up the Google Cloud because clouds live in the sky and Rhialto works on the net. Sky + net = Skynet. That's all the proof I need.

Advice Column
Today's advice comes from the player: Dracco (Send me a PM to see your advice published in future updates)
If you're taking a speech class, and the teacher says "Cut things out of the body of the outline to make room for a longer conclusion." don't reply with "I'm going to keep the conclusion short because the body has the quality content." and expect to receive a good grade.

Fun fact: Contrary to common belief, Orcs are actually intelligent and elegant people when you know their language. Halflings on the other hand are not, it's simple math: 1 human brain divided by 2 = 0.5 human brain, which is of course equal to 1 halfling brain. In effect, halflings can only ever obtain half the intelligence of most humans!