Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation
Default Place to report website errors and make suggestions

Find an error on the cabochon.com website? A broken link, outdated information in one of the manuals, a typo even? Post it here. Have a suggestion for a feature, a FAQ question, or something we should cover in the manuals that we have not gone over already. Post it here.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 AM

Havak has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

the "disarming traps" link under the advanced features section of the players manual is broken and just reloads the page. same with the "magical runes" link.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Forum Admin

Thanks - They were hold overs from something that was removed. Keep them coming guys.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Hm, I know that there are some parts of the website that (if they still exist) are not linked to in a very findable way, basically orphaned.

Unfortunately I don't have a link handy, but as an example I think there were some pages done by Legolas explaining some wizardly things, that I could not find a navigable way to from the site.

In fact, I think you might have been the one that posted the link here long ago, Arilou.

This must be a trick to finally make us read the manual!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM

pan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I can attest to what Logwad is saying. There were a number of things that are just lost now, very much like the Contribution list recently posted.

Another that comes to mind was a page I remember seeing awhile back that was more or less a page to download old arch files and such that other wizards had made, which allowed their use in the map editor. I know I have numerous non-quest based arch files from Vesimas that way, as well as some desert and mountain stuff Legolas had on there. And I think some other things too, but I can't honestly recall them at the moment, been awhile since I played in the map editor.

Anyway, there were pages like that which would be wonderful to see more openly linked, if possible.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Forum Admin

The archtype exchange was hosted off-site by Legolas. The link to it was removed when Legolas took it down. As for this "Contribution list," what are we referring to? Are we referring to the section on wizard levels which listed what wizards have submitted and the points they received for doing so or are we referring to the page that listed the names of people who worked on the game early on? In the case of the latter, I'm not sure or not if Rhialto wants that online anymore. He took it down in 2003 and although the page remained on the server for awhile, there could have been good reason for him removing it.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 PM

pan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I was referring to the one that listed those who worked on the game in the early stages. Not fully sure if that's what Logwad was referring to though.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan View Post
I was referring to the one that listed those who worked on the game in the early stages. Not fully sure if that's what Logwad was referring to though.
Yeah, I'd have to ask Rhialto if he intended for it to be taken down or not. Some things are bound to get removed with time and not all should automatically be put back up. But, thanks for mentioning it. All feedback is welcomed.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Did you guys update the world map?

It still has towns like terrim and other removed cities on it.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Any chance that the server time is going to be put back on the "who's online" section? Its nice to know before logging in.

Also, can someone please sticky this thread? At least while the housekeeping is being done.

Last edited by anatil : 04-20-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM

snakesses has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default pole arms

Under the naga section for player races, it says: "They have a natural weapon bonus for pole arms (e.g. spears, tridents)."

Unfortunately, spears and tridents are both hurled weapons (I had to learn the hard way )
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesses View Post
Under the naga section for player races, it says: "They have a natural weapon bonus for pole arms (e.g. spears, tridents)."

Unfortunately, spears and tridents are both hurled weapons (I had to learn the hard way )
And maybe you should take out the "Hurled" Weapon bonuses XD. It's broken so it's pretty pointless... Oh, and also the "auto Search Traps" ability of Halflings, Elves, Pixies, etc. I think Search Traps [natural] is broken (unless it was pointed out already ).

EDIT: Also the Wyvern TCG section should be removed, I think. Wyvern TCG isn't active anymore...

Last edited by Morphan : 04-20-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 PM

Halfaxe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Not sure if they are meant to go anywhere or not, but if you click a players race on the top 1000 list, it takes you to a page that says 'doesnt exist'
Old 04-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

http://www.cabochon.com/player/faq#combat

Has a double text on fighting neutral creatures
Old 04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Razen

Some commands on the command list like "wait" don't work.
Others like order aren't needed because there is never someone to take your order.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM

Havak has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

In the player manual, in 'the spell system' chapter, under overview, there is a grammar problem in one of the sentences. it says:

"Your ability to a spell is based on your character's your magical ability"
Old 04-23-2009, 04:36 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Under "Tales from Wyvern," the History of Wyvern link no longer works.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Keep'em coming guys, this is great.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 AM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

On 'The Guild System' page, the 'World Map' link doesn't lead to anything.

edit: 'The Safe Trading System' -> Coran link doesn't lead to anything either.

edit edit: 'The Player Warning System' -> Administrative Punishments also, nothing. Prismatic shield spell description says, 'This Conjuration of Fire, Water and Air' twice before saying what it does, on the 'All Spells' page. I also don't see why Restoration/Resurrection are still on there. Satiety spell doesn't describe anything? Maybe XP chart get taken to the imminent level cap? Also.. the Wyvern Glossary should be updated to more prevalent abbreviations used now-a-days.

Last edited by Exile : 04-24-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Most of the town images on the world map are outdated, and some towns are no longer even there.

(Axeman guild only armor? >.>)
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin