Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawk View Post
Just as an ignorant suggestion/question to the insta-death stairs issue is it even possible to see into a map that is being randomized for you via RD? If it were i would think making a spell like x-ray vision able to see down stairs would fix my problem with it. Allow you to see whats there and decide whether its worth the risk. If its not then it you would leave possibly also having the side effect of decreasing reliance on RD's.

Edit: Or maybe enable something like magic eye to go down stairs?
No, not possible.

Again, this is something we've asked for and isn't possible currently since the map does not exist until you enter it. An RD code rewrite *could* change this, but not likely since it would make RDs too easy. The point of the RD is their risk for the XP.

Insta-death isnt an issue so much anymore since monsters do not appear "on" the stairs and players have been handling Rds in groups very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Disagree. You haven't RD'ed lately. I can double click "a" to see what is down the stairs and get d-rayed. it has happened to me multiple times. twice with 95% dpro.
This is probably more a lag issue in all fairness.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Again, this is something we've asked for and isn't possible currently since the map does not exist until you enter it. An RD code rewrite *could* change this, but not likely since it would make RDs too easy.
How does rewriting the RD code to generate level n+1 when entering level n also result in easier RDs? =/
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I think she is saying that that is what would have to be done to allow wizard eye to go down the stairs in an RD, but allowing that would make RDs easier.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuno Besar View Post
How does rewriting the RD code to generate level n+1 when entering level n also result in easier RDs? =/
Who said anything about easier RDs? RDs will never be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
I think she is saying that that is what would have to be done to allow wizard eye to go down the stairs in an RD, but allowing that would make RDs easier.
*nod* Not possible currently, not likely with an RD rewrite.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Give Nagas a way to do archery
They way I do it so far is crazy, a cobra is not ment to hold a crossbow/bow..
I find the normal naga form useless...

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Give Nagas a way to do archery
They way I do it so far is crazy, a cobra is not meant to hold a crossbow/bow..
I find the normal naga form useless...
Nagas are able to do archery in any form, just like giants. The trick is that in the larger forms you have to figure out which tile counts as the center of fire (usually the upper left tile from my experience).

The naga's base form is also meant to be less than viable, it's the entire reason the naga can shift in the first place. However I do believe that the naga's base form is useful at earlier levels due to the natural bonus to polearms, meaning it gives a slight advantage to the first level or until the player can train a more useful skill.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:41 PM

neverquit has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Indeed would be nice to make the original naga form less vulnerable, i feel like i get hit for alot more than normal damage in naga form, even with gear on.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Rawk has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I really don't think naga's should be able to do archery in any form other than their original form. I also don't think naga original form is any more fragile than a pixie is.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Indeed, it makes no sense for the other naga forms to be able to use bows or crossbows. Also makes me wonder about wands and rods.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawk View Post
I really don't think naga's should be able to do archery in any form other than their original form. I also don't think naga original form is any more fragile than a pixie is.
Lol. This would make nagas less viable as archers. I personally do not see the problem with nagas and archery, it is an art one has to get used to.

As for a naga's original form, i believe it is more fragile than a pixie. A pixie has innate flight, is one of the quickest races you can pick, and is smaller at 1x1. In naga form, not only do you not have innate flight, you are 1x2 and slow. That makes a naga much more vulnerable to all sorts of spells. If a naga received an increase in ranged, making archery naga form only could be viable, but I simply do not see that happening.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 03-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
Lol. This would make nagas less viable as archers. I personally do not see the problem with nagas and archery, it is an art one has to get used to.
The fact the frogs, crocodiles, dragons, and serpents have no way to hold and fire a bow and arrow.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Nagas using a bow in their shifted forms does seem silly. I imagine their "normal" form is weak because they have other forms to make up for it. A pixie is more comparable to hydra form in terms of fragility/hardiness. Nagas are a very tricky race to balance and I imagine they will be looked at in the future (hydra form gaining only ~20% hp from Caveman's guild seems low to me given the new healing methods). I think it'd be nice to see a nagas normal form move just below human speed and have no terrain movement penalties, including water, except in some rare occasions. }}}-Reasoning--> I have been around snakes a lot in real life and I have seen them climb trees, swim, and move through thick forests at extremely fast speeds when they use undulatory locomotion. (I understand that Wyvern isn't supposed to emulate real world physics, it just appears to be the most efficient method of movement for a serpent-like creature)

It is also worth mentioning that a rakshasa using a bow is silly as well. (I believe the -7 in ranged-weapons is to support this)

As for being unable to use rods and wands I have no comment as that is a large can of worms to sift through in terms of balance.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 PM

I just thought it would be another option to play a naga other than a huge hydra (dodge d-ray easier), a form that can hold out in a fight, im not too worried about normal form being 2 tile and taking 2x more damage from spells compared to just a one tile character. You can get resists to counter that, i just feel melee damage hurts more compared to just a regular character like a human or rak, then again people in the old days lvled nagas in normal form without complaining i might be delusional. For the archery part it would make sense to allow normal form to hold bow and arrow since they have hands and other forms shouldnt.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit View Post
im not too worried about normal form being 2 tile and taking 2x more damage from spells compared to just a one tile character.
It has been pointed out before that nagas take the same amount of damage from spells as any other race despite their size. Size is an issue because it increases the chances of being hit by spells and makes hiding in corners to avoid the spell damage almost impossible.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM

O ok im sorry about the confusion then.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Andron has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I understand the game hasn't been up in quite a while. But, I have a question for the chance it does come up. With all the changes to death resistance with the death pro amulet and the addition of platinum armors. Are there any future plans to make armor or items that players who are members of a guild that are restricted in what armor they can/can't wear, can obtain? For example monks, they are restricted to cloth. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

While I'm sure it will be looked into, I think the point is that guilds which are limited in the armor they can wear (Monks with cloth, and Rogues with cloth+leather) are meant to be weaker against death ray and should avoid monsters that have it. Monks (Rakshasa and Naga) deal massive amounts of melee damage and are balanced by being weaker to things like death ray and recoil. (Nagas can wear 2 amulets of death protection but are fat and a little slow at dodging spells)

My brother got to level 25 (back in 2004 with 0 spirit travel) as a tiger rakshasa in Monk's guild with less than 20 dodging and using skill healing along with no spell resists. At the time we were newer to the game and didn't know any other way to survive such as spell healing. When you know not what it is like to sit there spell healing while tanking high level monsters, it's not bad using methods like skill healing and is a good survival method.

As for Rogues, I'm sure once sneaking and find-traps (skill) is fixed, my rogue will be much more of a group based class because he will be able to scout, pick locks, and find those pesky high level traps in trap rooms.

Main point: Most classes should always have monsters they would rather avoid or have a group member kill.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andron View Post
I understand the game hasn't been up in quite a while. But, I have a question for the chance it does come up. With all the changes to death resistance with the death pro amulet and the addition of platinum armors. Are there any future plans to make armor or items that players who are members of a guild that are restricted in what armor they can/can't wear, can obtain? For example monks, they are restricted to cloth. Thanks!
Dracco pretty much said it.

You aren't supposed to be able to get immune to some things and there should always be things you have to avoid, or get a group to kill etc.

There is an amulet that is the highest death resist possible, and monks can wear that. You can't get immune no matter what you wear anymore. (including full plat)

There are other things out there that give you small % increases to death resistance, but you'll have to explore and find those items.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
There are other things out there that give you small % increases to death resistance, but you'll have to explore and find those items.
Or you can just sit in MAH where it's safe.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Mah, safe? I think not!

Arilou uses MAH as a hunting ground for food. It's more dangerous than anywhere else.