Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM

WizMan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question Simple Map

Just made an little map for new somewhat player.. nothing new relly.. but can someone tell me what the monsther Hp level should be on and what item ... and how or what soo i do to get it in the game..

plz and thax ... WizMan..

Last edited by WizMan : 03-07-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Monster hp is set automatically by the server. There's rarely a reason to set it manually.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:14 PM

now what about the item and the map tho .. ..
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Forum Admin

Are you doing this to try to become a wizard? If so we do not promote people who cannot type properly and you are not making a good impression with your aol speech.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM

Well i don't know about being an wizard, but i'll like to be one.

And Arilou that the only way you pick wizard is by how well they tpy.. ?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Forum Admin

Uh no, we pick wizards based on their abilities, history as a player, intelligence, and maturity. However, if they type like you, they automatically cannot be a wizard. If you can't start using proper English, you're wasting your time with these maps as the only way you can get them into the game is by first becoming a wizard and we just can't put up with typing like that.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 PM

wyvernRa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

arilou going harsh on the ESL guys.

you should probably go find a game more accepting of people who don't natively speak english.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvernRa View Post
arilou going harsh on the ESL guys.

you should probably go find a game more accepting of people who don't natively speak english.
Non-native english speakers are quite easy to point out and understand.
We have wizards that are non-native english speakers.
AOL speak , laziness is another matter entirely, as Arilou pointed out.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Forum Admin

I didn't realize it was harsh to explain the rules to people so they don't waste their time unnecessarily. We are not allowed to promote people who cannot use proper English when typing. It's a pet peeve of Rhialto's (he's not sympathic to the English being one's second language explaination - they are held to the same standard as everyone else and those who we have promoted are not a problem) as he views it as unprofessonal. These are people who deal with players quite a bit and are required to make maps that involve extensive writing given our standards that all npcs have dialogue and all areas have a plot. You can't have a npc say something like "some1" and "relly." I don't know what type of game would be sympathetic to someone doing that, but good luck finding one.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:58 PM

Coffee Mug

Well Arilou , The Things i learn today is that you don't like when people uesd rush English when tpying. I can understand that you will not promote people for them.

Now Can i point back to the Map, So you are saying that i'm the only one who can add them to the game, and if i don't uesd AOL speak in my tpying i'll be an Wizard. And With Wizard is there an Age limit and is there an Test..? as well what you do when you make an player an wizard.

Last edited by WizMan : 03-07-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Forum Admin

Actually, if you properly read what I'd wrote, you'd learn no such thing. All I've said is that Rhialto has a problem with it and because of that I am not allowed to promote people who use improper English. Then I went on to explain the reasons for Rhialto's rule.

Anyway, yes the wizard who makes the maps is the only one who can add them to the game. No, you cannot be a wizard just by typing properly. That is one requirement, but we have very strict restrictions overall. As for the age limit, it is 16 and the test is putting together 40 detailed maps that wow us (you'd know this if you took the time to read the wizard manual). I would suggest that you just stick with being a player. Your typing isn't the only the issue (your maps aren't that special and you seem to have reading comprehension problems to boot). Plus I don't think you are old enough anyway. Making maps and being a wizard are both a lot of work and only the most talented of people have any hope of making it even if they do not have writing/reading problems and are old enough.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Now I know you say you want 40 maps or more, but is there such a thing as too big of a submission, because the 9 map 'overview' of my area splits into anywhere between 70-90 maps. Also I have even more maps 'leading' to where my area would imaginarily be placed if it were a real area, to give it a sense of isolation.

[To everyone] Also I know I keep rambling on about my maps and how I'm going to submit them in the future, I'd rather make this comparison, but I have a tendency like Arilou to not finish things. I get easily steered away from my projects with almost anything else. I am also a picky person so each map takes me a long time, because I position all the scenery to line up with previous maps, and place everything precisely how I imagine it to look. These habits put together equal a very slow process of building maps, steady but slow, so if you're getting annoyed of me rambling about my maps, too bad. It's going to be some time before I'm done rambling and either make my submission and hopefully get accepted, or get rejected in which case I'll go back to being the never hofing character I've always been without a second thought on it.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Forum Admin

There is no limit on the number of maps you can submit, but it is recommended people not go to overboard for their own good. You're just going to end up repeating the same mistakes over and over (there will be mistakes) and the more maps you have the more work you will have to do later fixing said mistakes. Worse yet, the maps may not even be good enough and you'll have to redo them all from scratch.

It's better to make a smaller area for a first submission and save the bigger project for after you get promoted. We still need a lot of dungeons, so it's recommended players make one or more of them (they don't have to be related to each other to count as your 40 maps) and use that as their submission. For example, combine my catacombs, elemental dungeon, and Alaria gauntlet. That would be about enough for a first time submission and won't get you in too much over your head.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Icy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ne, I think Arilou and Teshuvah made their points, but on the map - it loosk pretty much fine. Doesn't look overly spiffy, but is fine for a place for a newer player to go. Just as my prefs- I would add more door-ish type things, to keep enemies from surrounding a person - that would be fine for a melee-type person, I suppose, but as an elf I don't really like that kinda stuff, especially when the enemies are kinda powerful >.>

Not a particularly "Wow! Genius!" map, but a good enough one overall. Listen to the wizards, chèri.

But hey - that's just me trying to make all maps Indrani-friendly ^^.