Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Matthias has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default New Player Help

Hi everyone,

I am new to Wyvern, although not new to RPGs or MUDs, and I am having a tough time getting my character going. I am still level 1, have completed a couple of quests and worked on hunting north of Davos, but I die regularly and can't seem to make any forward progress on XP or gold in order to buy equipment.

Can anyone offer any specific suggestions. As I have yet get 1,000gp I haven't even been able to train yet but my char is a human and I was planning on training swords and joining the paladin guild.

Any advice would be excellent.

Thanks!

Last edited by Matthias : 11-24-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

The best monsters to fight at level 1 are Goblins, Kobolds, and Rats. So try to find areas that are plentiful in those monsters. If you're dying because you're running into things like Orcs or Bugbears a lot, try to stay out of those areas. Also for Goblin/Kobold fighting, make sure you pick up their tiny round shields. Most everything else they sell is junk and so it's usually a waste of time to haul all of it back to a shop unless you picked a very strong race.

Troglodytes are another good option as they're relatively weak and their javelins are good for cash. You may have problems with them at level 1, depending on your race. But, if that's the case, they shouldn't remain out of reach for long.

As for skills, there's a small sampling of cheap trainers in the tutorial tower. They each let you train their skill of choice once, for a reduced fee, so you should go there to get started training skill points.

Oh and if you haven't already, speak to Tudros about completing the tutorial. You can get an easy 500 gp that way.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Also the things you might want to look into are the autograb and alias commands, they'll make your Wyvern life a lot easier.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to Wyvern, although not new to RPGs or MUDs, and I am having a tough time getting my character going. I am still level 1, have completed a couple of quests and worked on hunting north of Davos, but I die regularly and can't seem to make any forward progress on XP or gold in order to buy equipment.

Can anyone offer any specific suggestions. As I have yet get 1,000gp I haven't even been able to train yet but my char is a human and I was planning on training swords and joining the paladin guild.

Any advice would be excellent.

Thanks!
Put on any and all armor that you find on monsters, armor like platemail, and helmets will make a huge difference.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:08 AM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Once you do grab all (or just the shields) of the loot make sure you repair them all before you sell them, yes it costs money but every item you repair in turn sells for more then it would otherwise.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin