Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Matalino has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Tips for fighting magic monsters

Hallo,

I've been trying to move up in the world of dungeon-hunting, but I've found myself stuck at one area: Liches and Skulls. I have a lvl 12 human super-hybrid character (staff/earth/life). Against Oculus and Floating Eyes, I have a chance, but I have no idea what to do against the tougher ones. If I get caught by one fear or one paralyze, game over! Any attack spell can wipe me flat within seconds.

What do I need more of? More status resistances? More damage mitigation? More speed, or more damage output? Or do I need more crowd-controlling on my part?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalino View Post
Hallo,

I've been trying to move up in the world of dungeon-hunting, but I've found myself stuck at one area: Liches and Skulls. I have a lvl 12 human super-hybrid character (staff/earth/life). Against Oculus and Floating Eyes, I have a chance, but I have no idea what to do against the tougher ones. If I get caught by one fear or one paralyze, game over! Any attack spell can wipe me flat within seconds.

What do I need more of? More status resistances? More damage mitigation? More speed, or more damage output? Or do I need more crowd-controlling on my part?
Is your weapon skill trained to your level? That will help you kill faster.

You need resist armor like dragon scale mail and resist rings (mithril).
also dont stand in one place, move around the monsters.
Invis is also very helpful and gives you a little more time to get closer before they come after you.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

If you are trying to cast spells then you won't be able to use the DSMs. What I would suggest is to try and use the endurance potions, they are rather costly....but trust me training with no resists will only get you killed. Also the best way to avoid spell type damage is...don't get hit, run alot, run like a fool and you should be able to be more productive. As for paralysis/fear, one of the only thing I could suggest is a porti hole. If you find yourself running like a loon (not by your doing that is) just hit your porti hole alias and hope that you jump in in time. Unicorn horns are awesome too, they help a lot with confusion and paralysis, but they do add a lot of weight and can get costly.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Durango has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I would suggest resist rings for you for Fire and Cold or maybe fire and free action. Endurance potions and Try to get mana shield. You can also get a cloak of the lion 50% fear resist and then 7 or so mind magic it helps with bravery (resist fear) and mana shield.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
I would suggest resist rings for you for Fire and Cold or maybe fire and free action. Endurance potions and Try to get mana shield. You can also get a cloak of the lion 50% fear resist and then 7 or so mind magic it helps with bravery (resist fear) and mana shield.
Just to clear things up, free action rings are now lq prizes, so you probably shouldn't try to get one of those. Also, 9 mind is what you need for full bravery with a lion cloak. 9 mind is also full free action, so that route would probably work better for you.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)