Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Best Wyvern Memory....

What is your best Wyvern memory? You know, the one that you think of first when you hear "Wyvern". Yeah, that one!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have lots, but my favorite moments were probably the first time I cleared Hades and the Shoggoth Caverns. Felt like a I might actually know what I was doing at that point. ^_^
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

When I got the fastest time on the remodeled MMA. It felt great knowing that my build was effective even though it wasn't the run of the mill build. I was really trying to make a very self sustaining character and I managed to do it.

A statue would have been cool too but I suppose that doesn't matter nowadays anyway.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM

tichondrius has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My favorite would be when I managed to break out of the Wyvern jail. I never replicated that feat, as I wasn't willing to get stuck in jail just to test my hypotheses (in hindsight, repeating the jailbreak would probably be considered as exploiting a bug, so I'm glad I didn't experiment). My guess is that the jailbreak involved server latency and my furious attempt (mashing the down arrow) to escape from the guard trying to arrest me. Also, I had no idea that trying to take a picture of the Black Rose queen would be considered as assault.

Last edited by tichondrius : 12-03-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Best and worst memory:

Becoming a Wizard.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I kind of have two, from different eras of my playing time.

First one was when I won one of those Cisco Goldstein LQs. Beating out a few competitive friends like Isagar and Ploog.(Ploog had won the one(s) prior)

Secondly was being able to play again, HoFing a human paladin, and making a ridiculous HoF pic for myself that totally fit me.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Best memory?

We had a LQ on the world map, and I wanted to experiment and see if I could do better using the destruction spell instead of fireball (very costly). and instead of doing well on the LQ I killed a ton of PKers and raised my PKscore but a huge bunch.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

best memorys do i have with my portbale homes. so funny thing.
once ich helped low-levels to escape from ****ie area by using the portal in my home, then some wizard, i think arilou, talked to me from heaven. i was totally scared. this home was burned by tahuuti in pk area north of new verden where i put it and he accidentally pushed his fireball key
my second home got lost in some server bug, when i lost my whole inventory and in that i learned that u lose full xp if u die to your pets in the basement

good times

and all those neverending rds in groups... think of u oddul, thrayn, kathy, tahuuti, mugwump and all the other gravestones
Old 12-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd say there's a few memories I'm fond of.

HOFing Blackbeard was a very fun feat.

Killing my first Maralith with a melee guy was exciting as well. I always saw them as the 1 hit wonders.

This memory has both IRL and in game in it. I remember one time while I was in Cross Country practice. the entire time I was running in practice I was thinking about if giving a summon strength/speed would work and plotting out doing Hades on my summoner. (Strength was it's name; very bad character and my first attempt at a mage) practice was about 30 minutes to an hour and I was so excited as soon as I got done because I had finally gotten a Ghast and knew that I'd do it easy. But as soon as I logged on and went to Hades. It had already been completed. I was so bummed at the time that I made a whole new character devoted to summoning and the likes. It's name was Wi (I actually made this character before the Wii came out and I even knew about it) and I got it to maybe level 17 before the 15 month Hiatus.

Another memory I have is spending the 15 month hiatus learning everything I could about Wyvern from the veterans who stuck around. I honestly think the only reason I was anywhere near as good at wyvern as I was is because of all the reading and studying from the forums (there were 2 "official" forums at the time) and friends I made during the break.

I have more memories. But I think this is enough for now. I just had to share the story of how Wi came to be.

Also for those who care Strength's skillset was a complete joke in hindsight and I had no knowledge of the game at the time aside from summons could kill things while I watched with wizard eye and got free exp at the rate of 100xp/hr.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

HoFing Kisho was pretty awesome. My first HoF (Curare) was also really exciting. It seems kind of dumb, but the first time i beat the original Tournam Castle quest after the millionth try also felt really great, especially since immediately after that i joined my first guild (the cavies).

Also beating CoA before it was closed. A lot of good memories are associated with quests and beating the really hard and sadistic ones. (I'm looking at YOU, Shrouded in Darkness!)

Actually if any wizards are willing to discuss their work now that the game is dead i would be extremely interested in hearing about some of the background of the quests and areas you designed. They really added another dimension to the game.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The injection that made me believe that this was all real at one point.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Arilou discussed the entire history of FO in his blog.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 PM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, I only clocked in a month or so of playtime before Wyvern got shut down. I s'pose I have three very fond memories.

The first would've been the time I followed Morwen down to Hades and ate Shoggoths and the likes.

The second would've been the first (and only) Gauntlet I completed, with lots of help from veteran players.

And the last would've been the first time I beat two Wyverns solo.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:23 PM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

I think mine was when I had a great idea of teaching my 5 year old daughter to go through rds for me. Although I lost millions of xp, I gained quite a bag of useless gems, almost 2k worth, and had a lot of fun teaching her the importance of grinding dungeons and wasting countless hours achieving nothing that matters in real life. It was a magical time.

Now we are just doomed to wonder around in minecraft, ON CREATIVE! Because the monsters are too scary!

I did teach my middle daughter to play halo though, so im holding out hope that next time she will kill more than 0. And maybe someday, they will stop crying everytime they die...At least in wyvern they couldnt read so yet so I could just tell them they teleported into a safe place right before they died...and just ignore all those gravestones, those are other people that died to help us...
Old 12-11-2013, 06:21 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I always enjoyed exploring the new areas that were constantly being adding into the game by wizards. Specifically Arilou's tribute to Lord of the Rings with the Riagor falling down the pit as you fight it. It made it even better because it was a small group of us.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightswift View Post
I always enjoyed exploring the new areas that were constantly being adding into the game by wizards. Specifically Arilou's tribute to Lord of the Rings with the Riagor falling down the pit as you fight it. It made it even better because it was a small group of us.
You mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/cWZkvZW.png
Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Small, seemingly trivial accomplishments felt like important milestones to me back in the day. I was still using dial-up (atrocious lag), and I wasn't that bright. So being able to complete Mist Temple and join the Monks Guild was cause for celebration for me. But it couldn't compare to finally getting Morgus to HoF in 2004 (or was it 2005?). In retrospect, I had only been playing for little over a year, but time seemed to pass much more slowly during those awkward adolescent years.

Honorable mentions include tanking hit after hit in BRMA with my seemingly endless supply of clovers (before the heal nerf), and finding +10 agility jaunty caps in random stores.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

So, there I was minding my own business as per usual. I had just uploaded the second annual April Fools Forgotten Oak event and logged off to enjoy my day. When I returned, there was all this hubbub in the wiz-tells as, get this, Teshuvah saw the colorful April Fools terrain, ignored the upside down buildings, jesters, and emotealls that say "April Fools" if you bother to actually move around within the map (Teshuvah left after one look) and she emailed Legolas to tell him about this big terrain bug in Forgotten Oak. Oh how I laughed and laughed... and laughed. And then, guess what? I laughed some more!

Was it the best moment ever? It's hard to say given the hilarity surrounding the incident where Legolas popped into Teshuvah's workroom and ran across her screen while disguised as the new spider graphic that he designed. He wanted to show off what he just created, but didn't give her any warning so she freaked out and hit her quit alias in a panic. Sadly, I wasn't there to see it, but oh I laughed and laughed... and laughed when I heard about that, let me tell you.

Then there was the time Teshuvah... well, you get the idea.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM

banichi has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

To be honest, I think my happiest Wyvern memory might be when I figured out that the game came out on my birthday (February 4th)
But then again, I never HoFed anyone, which probably would have surpassed that.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 AM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

my favorite wyvern memory was killing ploog as he was afk in one of the arenas with my level 18 raksha.

or maybe killing a monopod with a level 8 stormgiant... and then seeing 4 bug fixes coming in the next day..... good times.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16