Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwen View Post
This.

We're not quite as fast as the other two can be, but we're not underpowered. And the only reason we're not quite as fast is arguably due to the fact that an archer's attack speed never increases with the skill. If it did...
This reminds me, is there a cap to how fast an archer can shoot their arrows? Is there a speed cap?

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 AM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
This reminds me, is there a cap to how fast an archer can shoot their arrows? Is there a speed cap?
Yes, there is a cap to how fast you can shoot and move. Jezrald is at that cap. (Strictly speaking I'm pretty sure he's rather above it.) I would guess that most high-level archers head toward the move-speed cap, in fact.

I'm not sure if the caps are exactly the same, but I suspect they are.

Jezrald is a Level 27 Halfling Archer; my other alts are all below 20.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM

I am thinking of doing a naga archer build...they seem to be pretty damn fast on cobra form, with eagle ammy...

Old 04-10-2012, 11:33 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
I am thinking of doing a naga archer build...they seem to be pretty damn fast on cobra form, with eagle ammy...
Good luck!

I'd have a rough time with that, seeing as nagas are so limited on gear. :\
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Good luck!

I'd have a rough time with that, seeing as nagas are so limited on gear. :\
The more reason, they need to be completely revamped. So that people can play them as archer's properly! Hell, a cobra cant even hold a bow, let alone fire an arrow!

Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The more reason, they need to be completely revamped. So that people can play them as archer's properly! Hell, a cobra cant even hold a bow, let alone fire an arrow!
By that reasoning Rakshasa would have to be done to not have negatives in range.

They don't need revamped. Nagas have natural advantages given to them as they progress in level that other races do not receive. You're limited on the use of gear because of these advantages.

Also, the only real property of playing an archer "properly" is to have the archery skill and primarily use bows. Everything else is style.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
By that reasoning Rakshasa would have to be done to not have negatives in range.

They don't need revamped. Nagas have natural advantages given to them as they progress in level that other races do not receive. You're limited on the use of gear because of these advantages.

Also, the only real property of playing an archer "properly" is to have the archery skill and primarily use bows. Everything else is style.

My first question to you is, what are these "natural advantages" that are given to them, that help them excel as an Archer, as opposed to a halfing, human, or a wood elf?

Morwen, I dont think you understand that Naga Archers dont get the benefit of an Archer that is human, wood-elf, or an halfing. Our main normal form that would benefit from Archery is quite messed up. I am in cobra form most of the time, when I have to take down monopods...

There is a reason, why Raks have negatives in a lot of skills. Purely, because they are not ment to be able to wear those weapons. But that's for another day..

Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
My first question to you is, what are these "natural advantages" that are given to them, that help them excel as an Archer, as opposed to a halfing, human, or a wood elf?
In cobra form a naga receives the bonus of extra movement speed, a buff for cobra form. In higher forms the Naga receives the bonus of natural heavy armor, flight, and poison attacks which help to deal damage over time.

Quote:
Morwen, I dont think you understand that Naga Archers dont get the benefit of an Archer that is human, wood-elf, or an halfing. Our main normal form that would benefit from Archery is quite messed up. I am in cobra form most of the time, when I have to take down monopods...
Humans also don't get the bonuses that a wood elf or halfling get (Because halflings were buffed insanely high). They also don't get the bonuses a naga gets in speed and flight along with natural AC, nor do they have the health bonus as well.

Quote:
There is a reason, why Raks have negatives in a lot of skills. Purely, because they are not ment to be able to wear those weapons. But that's for another day..
And Nagas are meant for either melee classes or magic, like the Rakshasa. Not every race is meant to be able to do everything. And if they go into something that their race isn't specifically good at then they have to find ways to overcome that weakness (like Pixies going into close combat or Stone giants casting spells).

Last edited by Morwen : 04-14-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Quote:
And Nagas are meant for either melee classes or magic, like the Rakshasa. Not every race is meant to be able to do everything. And if they go into something that their race isn't specifically good at then they have to find ways to overcome that weakness (like Pixies going into close combat or Stone giants casting spells).
Which makes the game awesome, why does everything need to be equal?
That would mean creating a character would be just picking a picture you liked best.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
In cobra form a naga receives the bonus of extra movement speed, a buff for cobra form. In higher forms the Naga receives the bonus of natural heavy armor, flight, and poison attacks which help to deal damage over time.

Humans also don't get the bonuses that a wood elf or halfling get (Because halflings were buffed insanely high). They also don't get the bonuses a naga gets in speed and flight along with natural AC, nor do they have the health bonus as well.

If Nagas are truly to be meant for melee classes or magic, then I want them to get negatives in some of their forms. For example, archery.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
If Nagas are truly to be meant for melee classes or magic, then I want them to get negatives in some of their forms. For example, archery.
In my opinion, I don't think nagas should even be able to use ranged weapons in anything other than their base form, no other forms have "hands". They're also one of only two classes that have natural melee weapons, which leans them more towards that side.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Rawk has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Which makes the game awesome, why does everything need to be equal?
That would mean creating a character would be just picking a picture you liked best.
This is what i did when i first played
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
In being "meant" for it they were given natural advantages if they choose to take that path. Just like how dwarves are meant to be axemen, stone giants are meant to be cavemen, Elves were meant to be archers/mages, pixies are meant to be mages, and humans are meant to be good at nothing.

(Halflings aren't meant to be anything either, but they have MANY natural advantages.)

Almost no race that is meant to go into a particular area is given negatives in skills. Rakshasas are the unique exception to this rule for reasons beyond what I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile
In my opinion, I don't think nagas should even be able to use ranged weapons in anything other than their base form, no other forms have "hands". They're also one of only two classes that have natural melee weapons, which leans them more towards that side.
It makes sense, but this is Wyvern. Besides which if they were unable to use ranged weapons it's not a far reach to say they should be able to ready wands or rods either.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
(Halflings aren't meant to be anything either, but they have MANY natural advantages.)
Halflings should get 2 skill points per level because they're half a human.

In all seriousness though, they should get 3 skill points every odd level and 4 skill points every even level due to those many many natural advantages they get. There is very little that differentiates humans and halflings and almost everything falls in the favor of the halfling. Having to buy tiny armor isn't a downside, it weighs half as much. The only real bonus to being human is 20 more base strength points and 5 more hp which isn't exactly tipping the scale very much in favor of the human.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
In being "meant" for it they were given natural advantages if they choose to take that path. Just like how dwarves are meant to be axemen, stone giants are meant to be cavemen, Elves were meant to be archers/mages, pixies are meant to be mages, and humans are meant to be good at nothing.

Almost no race that is meant to go into a particular area is given negatives in skills. Rakshasas are the unique exception to this rule for reasons beyond what I know.

It makes sense, but this is Wyvern. Besides which if they were unable to use ranged weapons it's not a far reach to say they should be able to ready wands or rods either.
Now now, a frog,cobra,viper,crocodile,serpent,dragon, and a hydra have mouths, that they can stick their Wands/Rods in and wave their heads.

Presto! They should be able to use Wands/Rods, but the same does not apply to Crossbow/Bow and arrows...