Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
Now once you enter the Rogue's guild you learn that the guild leader has a more important quest, Engulfed in Darkness, which would provide the reward of "beefing up their rogue armor".
Yes, that's basically what I was going to do.

Quote:
A nice fix idea for this would be to add the entrance at the top of the Ziggurat rather than the bottom, and have the player descend into the crypt in search for "the pirate kings" lost treasure.
Yes, that was basically the plan for the redo.

Quote:
[Spoiler] for anyone who hasn't finished Arilou's graveyard and doesn't want to know the end.

I like your nifty graveyard room with the witch and the reapers (perhaps it would be better if you removed the cave walls from the center of the room and left it sort of open, fireball is far too deadly in there). I would much rather go fight those reapers as is than to fight one reaper in a random dungeon. I like the moving around room, rather than being trapped in a long hallway where im one space away from instant death...
[/spoiler]
You could always, you know, not use fireball.

Quote:
Reapers are nice monsters, I love the idea of them, I just don't like how long it takes to kill one due to the risk of instant death. They are fine in actual dungeons, but I dislike them in RD's. One or two per floor is okay, but 3-5 per floor in an RD is too risky. Personally I find RD's harder now with all of the extra monsters. You won't see me solo an RD for a very long time. Well, you won't even see me play again for quite some time lol, but when you do!
They're high level boss type monsters akin to Riagors. Of course they're going to be difficult to kill. As for your problem with them in random dungeons, that's a random dungeon issue, not a reaper issue. They're horribly balanced. As is they can either exist as xp farms or we have to stop you by pumping the higher levels with monsters that want to make you leave. Working out a streamlined progression of properly increasing danger is something that would have needed to be taken care of in the redo. However, due to how much work that would be, we were saving it until the very end of the balance/bug fix stage.

Quote:
Phoenix amulet correct? That sends you to the chapel when you "die" but you lose no experience upon death right? If so I'm going to make Riordan buy plenty of these and just keep summoning him back to me upon death That's also another very good suggestion with dealing with pesky reapers.
No, it's the amulet of lifesaving, (desc - "This amulet will save the wearer's life and teleport the wearer to safety. It only works ONCE.") but it's been broken since Rhialto brought the game back up at the end of '07.

Quote:
I like the good vs evil idea. This will be difficult if it relies on monster killing. It is harder to be evil than it is to be good in most cases.
Obviously we need people to draw more graphics that we can associate with good "monsters." One thing I had been trying to get people to do is to create adventurer varieties (essentially, what they do when creating hof images). I wanted people to run into a group consisting of potential hostiles made up of things like a dwarven axeman, a human cleric, a halfling sneak, an elven archer, a pixie mage or whatever. The challenge would then to be to overcome the whole group with their varied skills. Some parties would be evil, but you would have a whole range consisting of good, neutral, and varied parties as well.

Quote:
If our playerbase doubled there would be a lot of camping for areas, and MAH would need some renovations.
At some 10,000 maps there are more than enough areas for even 100 players (the best we've ever done on a consistent basis). People would complain because their favorite, xp heavy areas aren't unloading and they refuse to go elsewhere because they don't want to risk xp for lower rewards. But they would just have to adapt or be content to complain while not getting any rewards at all.

If Rhialto were to manage a much larger population explosion all at once, some of you would maybe have to make do with random dungeons for a bit. However, the larger the playerbase, the more we'd have people wanting to be wizards which of course leads to more areas.

As for the auction house - The idea is that as the game grows, you guys would want to make use of multiple auction houses.

Quote:
Well let's be fair, littering every now and then isn't something I think a wizard would find banish worthy. Maybe for excessive continuation of this offense, otherwise perhaps a silence or reboot ban would work. I just thought it was interesting that I was summoned to right my wrong, rather than to be punished and then find out what I did wrong.
We make cleaning it up the punishment for first time offenders. If they are not available to clean it up and we have to do it, they usually end up in jail. As you can imagine, neither cleaning it up ourselves or watching and waiting for you to do it is a good use of our time and so we are not exactly pleased to see people laughing about it (or doing it more than once).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
On the subject of Reapers, my only real qualm with them is when they appear on the down in an RD, and death ray you instantly upon going down.

No chance to avoid them, no chance to fight back, just.. dead. I've had quite a few RD sessions end this way.
Monsters ambushing you on staircases was to be addressed in the random dungeon redo.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:57 AM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I see people asking for dray immunity, and tbh I don't think it should ever be available on an item, it just wouldn't cost enough. What if it was what you got for having 20a spirit travel? Its equally available to all guilds/players/races, and you would really have to be giving up valuable points elsewhere
Old 12-29-2011, 02:37 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedib View Post
I see people asking for dray immunity, and tbh I don't think it should ever be available on an item, it just wouldn't cost enough. What if it was what you got for having 20a spirit travel? Its equally available to all guilds/players/races, and you would really have to be giving up valuable points elsewhere
An amulet giving 100% protection to a spell like d-ray doesn't seem like it has any place in the game, period. I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but from a balance standpoint, it just seems like giving a player the ability to 'cheat the reaper' is a balance issue waiting to happen.

For those players of a high enough level that very little can kill them, death ray keeps them on their toes.

I mean, can you imagine the farming that'd go on if players were immune to death ray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou
Monsters ambushing you on staircases was to be addressed in the random dungeon redo.
Those words are music to my ears.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
For those players of a high enough level that very little can kill them, death ray keeps them on their toes.

I mean, can you imagine the farming that'd go on if players were immune to death ray?

All I heard from that was, we need significantly harder monsters.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I think Naga's could use an archery class/ ranged weapons using form. A form that gives them bonuses to ranging or fw, but at the cost of heavy negatives. This would definitely make me want to role an archer!

I think the archer's guild could use a buff, and it would be cool addition to the game.

Also, lets not forget about the rogues . it would be cool if the quest could be made easier, I find it so hard to do....Please keep in mind that I am a **** still...so far only completed mages, and monk...attempted pallies, and I believe almost finished archers

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Looks like when/if the game gets back up I shall make an overpowered archer to spite you doubters! Muhahahaha!

As for your troubles with the rogue's guild quest, just keep trying because I believe in you!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think i was the first player in joining the rogues guild with my alt Shiru (banned), and was like the 3 person in complete the quest... it is not that hard trust me

For me, that English is not my native language, there are harder quests where you need to "Say wordinenglishthatidontknow" and it become a nightmare for me be able to end those quests... luck for me with the approval of a wiz parting in quests was ok... so all i needed was to find some one, get him to the point were i was stuck and end the quest together . I learned quite a few words playing this game.

But in general making quest easier will make the game boring :S
2008-06-14 12:58:18 Deathwish – killed by a poisonous Xipe Totec corpse
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

Hmm, I am wondering, is it possible to enchant arrows, so that they dont get destroyed? How about enchanting them so that they return? Any ideas on this?
How about fletching certain types of arrows, with different arrows...Arrow of slowing..arrow of recall...and who knows..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
I think Naga's could use an archery class/ ranged weapons using form. A form that gives them bonuses to ranging or fw, but at the cost of heavy negatives. This would definitely make me want to role an archer!

I think the archer's guild could use a buff, and it would be cool addition to the game.

Also, lets not forget about the rogues . it would be cool if the quest could be made easier, I find it so hard to do....Please keep in mind that I am a **** still...so far only completed mages, and monk...attempted pallies, and I believe almost finished archers
Shrouded wasn't that hard. It took me several attempts, but if you just follow the usual quest routine, you will get it in no time.

I believe I finished just about every guild quest. The only one I know I haven't finished on Vesrayech is Tornaum for obvious reasons. I think I have actually finished just about all of the quests.... I would've had the Cult of Aquator quest if I had finished it before they removed it :'( I was sooo close lol.

We need more challenging quests for level 15-25 players.
Yet in order to get more quests, we need more wizards to make areas. Teshuvah and Arilou are great, but we cannot have are most active arch wizards focusing on less important matters.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Baurus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
When is said redo supposed to be in effect? If it has already occured then I might recommend looking at it again as I RD with Vesrayech a lot and we always seem to run into monsters ambushing us down stairs. Not always but a lot of the time past floor 25 or so yes.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baurus View Post
When is said redo supposed to be in effect? If it has already occured then I might recommend looking at it again as I RD with Vesrayech a lot and we always seem to run into monsters ambushing us down stairs. Not always but a lot of the time past floor 25 or so yes.
A) Note that I said "was to be addressed" and not "was addressed."

B) I answered that further up in the post you quoted...

Working out a streamlined progression of properly increasing danger is something that would have needed to be taken care of in the redo. However, due to how much work that would be, we were saving it until the very end of the balance/bug fix stage.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baurus View Post
Fixing RDs means they are going to be harder progressively with less XP. (To meet map guidelines.)
The implication that no monsters next to the stairs (they are no longer "on" the stairs) means easier isn't going to happen, so that assumption just needs to go away if it exists. They are never going to be the XP grinding mills they were again.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Fixing RDs means they are going to be harder progressively with less XP. (To meet map guidelines.)
The implication that no monsters next to the stairs (they are no longer "on" the stairs) means easier isn't going to happen, so that assumption just needs to go away if it exists. They are never going to be the XP grinding mills they were again.
I'm curious just how that's going to work out. Would that include the introduction of new monsters, or more high-level monsters?

Personally, so long as I'm given a fighting chance, and monsters can't corner me on the stairs while my entire group tries to decide what to do next (which often involves luring the monster off the stairs while one of range-oriented group members takes them out), I'm happy.

'Cause, even for a group of adventurers, luring a Reaper or DL (I just *love* when there's a Demon Lord on the down ) away from the stairs is a very, very dangerous way to make a living.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 PM

I am a bit more worried about playing a hydra...so far I dont have my own pocket mage(resist mage).

The potions are handy... but I find them a bit expensive...maybe, soon I will be able to break that barrier >.<... NEED to explore to make more money to buy potions...

Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
I am a bit more worried about playing a hydra...so far I dont have my own pocket mage(resist mage).

The potions are handy... but I find them a bit expensive...maybe, soon I will be able to break that barrier >.<... NEED to explore to make more money to buy potions...
RD with me and go down the stairs first, and my resists will forever be your.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:15 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
RD with me and go down the stairs first, and my resists will forever be your.
hey, you're my pocket mage D:

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Player Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
hey, you're my pocket mage D:
You are right about that

I'm your pocket mage, and riordan is my pocket axeman haha
Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 AM

Hmmm...hydra mount....

Old 01-04-2012, 03:03 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Question since I wasn't around much before the game went down: Do other "boss" monster's like Demon Lord's death rays go over the DPRO/Platinum combination?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
Question since I wasn't around much before the game went down: Do other "boss" monster's like Demon Lord's death rays go over the DPRO/Platinum combination?
Besides Reapers? Yes, it happens. Resistance maxes out at 95%(?), I'm pretty sure it's indiscriminate, to the best of my knowledge.