Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Zeetoois has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default A Hello and Nostalgia

Hey all! I'm new to the forums but far from new to Wyvern. While I never played particularly actively, I've got to credit Wyvern as my "gateway game" into RPGs. I discovered it years ago, back when it was on Cabochan, and fell in love. So for those of you who remember Zeetoois, Zeereborn (after the original Zee got banned for abusing the Giant Glitch [haha woops]), or Lutty, hello! And I've been "watching from the shadows," as it were, for a couple of years now, hoping that the game would come back. While I'm sad I'll never get to play Wyvern again, I'm really hoping for that sequel/clone/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

On the the nostalgia part of the post! Every once in a while, I'll stumble across something that inexplicably reminds me of this game. Case in point: Georgia-Pacific. They're a paper brand, and they do everything from printer paper (like I have sitting in my office right now) to toilet paper (like the kind I've got at work). But why does Georgia-Pacific make me think of Wyvern? Simple. They abbreviate themselves "GP" and their logo is in a blue triangle. How could I NOT think of Glacier Point? It's the correct abbreviation, and it's in a (very pointy) triangle! To this day, I still fondly recall Glacier Point and all the shenanigans I got into up there. In fact, I believe the first time I discovered the Bifrost, it was just outside of GP. *sigh* I miss this game and the downright awesome community.

In short: Miss this game. Miss you guys. Hope to see you in game if the new one ever comes up!