Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If the mobile only thing does happen, I would desperately try to get it to run on the Android SDK mobile device emulator. I don't have a "smartphone" and don't see myself ever getting one.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd try to push for it to stay on PC, even if it becomes pay to play or a one time fee thing.

Because I know people including myself who would do either one.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM

bullsaxe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yeah I'd be interested in this game even if it was P2P still . April 1st - Game set to be re-released in winter; anxiety at an all time high.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
From what I've read, if all of this is indeed true, I will not be playing it when it's transferred. An entirely mobile version, slowed down and tweeked for mobile platforms. That's not the wyvern I enjoyed so much. All the little bits here and there that need to be changed according to R's words, would result in more of a Franken-wyvern experience. You know what it's supposed to be, but it just wouldn't feel right.
I agree with you 100% here. It would be great to have "Wyvern" back up and Steve involved again but it wouldn't be the same if it turns into a mobile game. It wouldn't be the same game we've all been waiting for to come back up for 2 years now.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
I agree with you 100% here. It would be great to have "Wyvern" back up and Steve involved again but it wouldn't be the same if it turns into a mobile game. It wouldn't be the same game we've all been waiting for to come back up for 2 years now.
Technically, Wyvern was made to be played mobile, it was one of it's outstanding features, but it was overall mobile, not just smartphone. So having it mobile isn't bad, but losing the computer aspect would be rough on those of us who only have a computer (especially those of us who always loved Wyvern because it was the only MMO that worked out our horribly outdated computers).
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Technically, Wyvern was conceived of and designed in the 90s, before mobile gaming would have been feasible. It just happened so happened that its design worked nicely with mobile platforms and so Rhialto was able to make a PDA client after the game had been up and running.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Technically, Wyvern was conceived of and designed in the 90s, before mobile gaming would have been feasible. It just happened so happened that its design worked nicely with mobile platforms and so Rhialto was able to make a PDA client after the game had been up and running.
And won an award for it as I recall. Either way, going mobile isn't 100% new turf for wyvern. Just going 100% mobile would.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 PM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Was there anything that mobile Wyvern couldn't do that could normally be done on PC? Like interface or chatting or anything? Or was it just a matter of ease of use?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
Was there anything that mobile Wyvern couldn't do that could normally be done on PC? Like interface or chatting or anything? Or was it just a matter of ease of use?
Archery. :|
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I wish it was a prank -.- I think the all the changes are bad
Old 04-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Forum Admin

APRIL FOOLS! You've been witness to one of Arilou's signature pranks. What's that you say? You didn't fall for it? Ah, but the joke wasn't on most of you, it was on Bullfrogz. Allow me to explain; I recently received an email from Rhialto where he complained that Bullfrogz was pestering him again. So, I suggested he deal with it by joining me in pranking the little stalker through the creation of an elaborate story about the game's return. Rhialto had some fun with this and emailed a few other people who were pestering him, but Bullfrogz was the primary target as we knew he would quickly post the response on the forum where people wouldn't take him seriously because he was posting it around April Fools. So, Bullfrogz bought into it, got all excited, and then made himself look stupid. That, my friends, is what I like to call being Arilou'd. *takes a bow*
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
APRIL FOOLS! You've been witness to one of Arilou's signature pranks. What's that you say? You didn't fall for it? Ah, but the joke wasn't on most of you, it was on Bullfrogz. Allow me to explain; I recently received an email from Rhialto where he complained that Bullfrogz was pestering him again. So, I suggested he deal with it by joining me in pranking the little stalker through the creation of an elaborate story about the game's return. Rhialto had some fun with this and emailed a few other people who were pestering him, but Bullfrogz was the primary target as we knew he would quickly post the response on the forum where people wouldn't take him seriously because he was posting it around April Fools. So, Bullfrogz bought into it, got all excited, and then made himself look stupid. That, my friends, is what I like to call being Arilou'd. *takes a bow*
I read that whole post with Sheldon's voice in my head and was surprised when there was no "Bazinga!" at the end.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Honestly I'm not even sure if I should take Arilou seriously or not.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:15 AM

ROFL Morgus, thats pretty funny.

And I think i'm just going to stick to my guns (although they have never really served me well in this game before) and turn a blind eye to Arilou's may be prank. I'd much rather believe in everything that was in that e-mail.

>.>

p.s.

I wish you were just a prank, Josiah.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Honestly I'm not even sure if I should take Arilou seriously or not.
Do you even have to ask that?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Forum Admin

I don't know which is more fun; successfully pranking people or so heavily pranking people in general that they don't believe you when you do the reveal and instead persist in their belief that they were never pranked (it's better too when the people who think this way were unintended victims of the prank). lol I didn't intend for the latter to happen, but I'll happily take it.

Related to that, you know how illusionists sometimes say that despite clearly stating that they're just performing tricks, people still come up to them and insist that they have access to real magic? I suddenly get how that must feel and it's... aka too much fun.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

That was a good set up.

And amazingly enough, I'm somewhat relieved that Wyvern will not be coming back up.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Wow, it's like the entirety of the forum is Arilou's abused spouse. No matter how many times he lies to you, you just keep believing him. I don't know if this is a joke, personally i hope so, but either way it's disappointing.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Forum Admin

What is this lying business? Okay so, I put up old quotes from Rhialto, but I didn't say they were new; people just assumed they were. Then I replaced the forum with an image of a gravestone plus some text saying farewell and I even let the domain expire for a few days to really sell it. But I didn't say that this meant the game was never coming back, people just thought that's what all that meant. Even the farewell bit; did I mean farewell for now or farewell for good? I didn't specify. So I may have been deceptive in those instances, but I didn't lie.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM

So Arilou.. all this time R has been blowing you off he decides to reply to your prank idea messages?

Silly Arilou.. he never replies to you.