Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 PM

Hoxid has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default So.... What's Up?

What are you guys up to these days?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

nothing big has been happening here. Moved to California. Finally got away from living in Japan (not a bad place to be honest, but the language barrier gets annoying sometimes). Started playing guild wars 2. It's a great game, but it's endgame content is a bit lacking. Getting Married in February (I'm surprised I've been able to find a girl to stick around with me this long let alone is content on sticking with me longer). Been moping around with Minecraft lately, because my PS3 got broken. But yeah life's been pretty average. Nothing exciting has happened to me while Wyvern's been down.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 PM

Hoxid has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I've also been playing a bit of Guild Wars 2. I mostly just do WvW and sPvP. I also started playing Minecraft again lately. I just made http://i.imgur.com/cAt8I.jpg and that's actually what reminded me to come check the forums. I know he's using a wooden club but WHATEVER MAN I'M A REBEL.

*edited because picture was too big to post here
Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

NICE and yeah I've mostly been doing sPvP on gw2 as well. I have a theif build that revolves around dodging and spreading conditions that's pretty fun to play and annoys other players.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Graduated high school. Got a name change. Joining the military soon, with the Navy's nuclear power program being my goal.

Been playing a lot of Dark Souls. Pretty great game. Scratches a lot of itches I've been having, like wanting game with learning and a sense of actual progression. That and build customization.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Dark souls is fun, I'm a bit of a troll on it however. :P

As for me, I've moved onto a new job, and should hopefully have enough to go to school in January. I've also been playing new board games and card games because my girlfriend is big into them. She won't play on my PS3 with me because I'm better than her, I tried explaining to her it's because she won't play semi-regularely, but she won't listen. Hmmm, I've also finally got my borderlands 2 and have been playing the bejeezus out of it.

Work, video games, and staying in with my girlfriend....in the end that's pretty much it, seeing as Staying in saves money, and with the exception of the odd new game every 4 or so months, video games cost me very little money. I need to penny-pinch.

Hmm...I rambled too much I'll stop now.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Nothing satisfying!
On top of everything I've been having to deal with in life, I recently found out that I am pre-diabetic and my medication makes me sluggish and bloated. The one thing in life I was succeeding at (fitness) is now invisible because I'm too poofy around my mid-section.
It's one of those phases in life that I don't like. I also failed a North Carolina driving test so I cannot leave the house... The military pretty much abducted me from my home state and dumped me here (my husband was forced to move back there without me... seriously ridiculous. Why did they make him come here first?). Luckily I have one friend here but I feel bad having to rely on her to take me to get groceries and stuff... I really want to get a job here but aside from not currently having a legal method of transportation, I'd only be working for a few months. :/ Which tends to be all employers care about, how long you'll be working there for. Getting a job is so easy for some people.. being military is supposedly easy for some people aswell! My friend thinks she's never going to get deployed; she thinks people will always volunteer and that she'll never have to go.
Lucky for her if that's true, but I almost never get to see my husband... when he finally got back from deployment and was supposed to be here for three years, I gave up everything I was doing in my home state and moved here with him... then as soon as we get a place here, they give him orders to go to Texas for retraining (I am not allowed to live with him during this time, and he will be coming back here to work for about a month before he has to go to Florida, so we obviously need a guard dog (me) to watch the house).

Luckily I've dealt with worse, but it feels like I will never be able to have my own life. :/ I want to work hard and be successful but I feel like I'm being reaped of opportunities... We are moving to Virginia when he is done retraining.
So yeah, all I can do is read, workout, play video games, etc... it pretty much felt like fitness was the only thing that I had left, until the military doctor diagnosed me as pre-diabetic. :/ Apparently a risk factor for that is being overweight, which I wasn't, but at this rate I will be because I just keep gaining weight no matter what I do.