Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Those are the comments i have regarding how i think this letter could be improve. Personally I'm not going to sign it, as this was just a game and it meant a lot more to a couple of wizes that it does for me. Personally, I do not want to help in any way this guy called "Arilou", from my POV he is just a jerk playing around with the few people left in this forum, trying to get his so precious game back under the mask of "i don't care what happens to the game".
Oh man, it's nice to know that no matter how much time passes the stupidity never ends with you. To that end, I was just telling Teshuvah how annoying you can be when you drop in once a year with these idiotic comments, but you've actually managed to be really funny this time. Kudos.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
...but you've actually managed to be really funny this time. Kudos.
And on that note let's not let this thread go south and turn into an argument or a bash fest. Coffee anyone?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:23 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
And on that note let's not let this thread go south and turn into an argument or a bash fest. Coffee anyone?
It's hard to argue with coffee. *Raises hand*
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Haters gonna hate.

Cheers! Oh wait. Cheers...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

true..true...and hha Arilou.. u got served!

true..true..

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
true..true...and hha Arilou.. u got served!

true..true..
I'm just going to pretend that made sense.

Anyway - Who wants more coffee? Coffee for everyone!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
No I haven't. I would be willing to do that, but since I am no moderator I would have to copy paste all their emails one by one into a mailing list? Or is there another way?
One by one, yes. Work would be involved on your part.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Good idea guys, hopefully it accomplishes something. I'll put my name down when I get home.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM

igorith has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I was cautious what I added to the document, since I didn't want to botch the voice of the original writer. I also think it might be a bit better to call him Mr. Yegge, not Steve. Not sure.

- Fortune Cookie
Old 01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
I'm just going to pretend that made sense.
Considering that's the genius who thinks you guys should try to get Rhialto to buy two servers, the smile + nod approach is indeed the best way to go. *chuckles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorith View Post
I was cautious what I added to the document, since I didn't want to botch the voice of the original writer. I also think it might be a bit better to call him Mr. Yegge, not Steve. Not sure.
Per usual I don't know what Unknown was prattling on about with his "there's not a Rhialto" bit.

Rhialto is more than appropriate - That's what you non-blog referrals best know him by, that's what he signs his Wyvern related emails with, (though technically he shortens it to just "R") and that's how Teshuvah and I refer to him even though we have had far more communication with him than any of you.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:42 PM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

I've signed it, only thing left is sealing and delivering.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:11 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Here is an update on the letter and a response to some private messages I have been receiving.

We are up to about 60 signatures, and have been receiving a few everyday. I do not plan to submit until signatures slow down, but there is no hurry. We have waited almost a year, a few more weeks won't hurt. The thing is I do no want to submit until we have as many signatures as we can get, and my contacts out of the game have almost been exhausted. So I need your help to keep the signatures coming. Ask people on your instant messaging contacts, or ask some friends who would be interested in trying the game when it returns, to sign and express that interest. I didn't just write this for me, It is for everyone, and it all comes down to how much you want it to succeed.

As far as finally submitting goes, I only have one email of Rhialto's and it is one that I have been told by a good friend he replies too. Would this be the way everyone would like to proceed? I guess my biggest fear is since it seemed a lot people were emailing him after the prank was pulled in attempts to get a response on the game, I'm afraid my email would be sent to or filtered to trash. There is no way I would know if it was filtered to trash or was just ignored, but not getting a response is a possible outcome of all of this and all I have to say is "At least we tried!"
If you believe there is a different way we should approach giving him this letter when it is finished, I would love your ideas and any other ideas regarding the letter.

Regarding the player's interest in donating to the game. I don't think it should be included in the main letter considering I can speak for everyone on the idea of Wyvern returning, but I cannot speak for everyone regarding dishing out some cash. What I suggest is if your truly interested in donating, express that in your signature. Your signature is just as editable as the rest of the letter, so if you want to go back and include that your more than welcome. If you think I should still include or mention donations elsewhere, let me know and explain why.

Otherwise, 60 signatures is amazing and more than I ever expected to see. But since we have got this far why stop? Keep them coming, if this is our last shot at getting the game up, we might as well make it a good one. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by Bullfrogz : 01-11-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Things to think about...

Posting the letter on a web page and emailing R the link to it with a copy, while simultaneously posting the link to his G+.

It wouldnt be spammy this way but "touches" all bases available currently.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM

Xerxes has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Things to think about...

Posting the letter on a web page and emailing R the link to it with a copy, while simultaneously posting the link to his G+.

It wouldnt be spammy this way but "touches" all bases available currently.
I agree with Teshuvah, that sending him the link is more approriate than transferring the entire document to an e-mail.

On a more constructive note, I can help write a simple web page to host this document in a permanent setting once it's finished. My school offers free space for web hosting, and I know how to write clean websites with JS/HTML/PHP/CSS. Bullfrogz can send me a private message if he thinks this is something that should happen.

"Strike the earth!" - Dwarf Fortress

Xerxes the Human Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Shatter the Dwarven Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Rumor the Rakshasa Hall of Famer (Level 25)
Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have Dreamweaver, If you would like I can make a nice Wyvern related web page to make it all spiffy and PM you the files.

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/1_...540Webpage.png
If I spent a few more minutes on it and finding images I could make it very interesting.

Last edited by Rarkvar : 01-11-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarkvar View Post
I have Dreamweaver, If you would like I can make a nice Wyvern related web page to make it all spiffy and PM you the files.

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/1_...540Webpage.png
If I spent a few more minutes on it and finding images I could make it very interesting.
I like the look of it. I already contacted Xerxes about hosting since my student hosting is being used for my job portfolio. I expressed interest in my first post that making the letter look "Wyvernish" would be a nice touch. So if your willing to work with the final copy when that time comes I would be appreciative.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 AM

Just wanted to say that if you go that route, make sure and let us know before you send it to R. Probably goes without saying, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't signed it yet.. *is working on that*
Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Pooki has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

I miss Wyvern . Today's video games are just not cutting it. Someone should add my name too because I am silly and do not know how to do so.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 AM

jezrald has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Pooki -- it's just a word processor document; you can pretty much just scroll to the end and put your name and email in. (And presumably a short message of some sort.)

I don't think you even need to sign in at the moment.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:18 AM

Rhana has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Wow, I didn't even know there was an entire letter until Katsumaru mentioned it to me one day in school. x.x

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the site looks nice (well organized), and if you need more images, you can always find them in the Wyvern folders on your PC/laptop.