Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Beckhan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default MMPORG's on the NDS. POssible Wyvern on new NDSi

Hey all. I haven't played wyern in a little while. But recently I bought everyone in my family a handheld nintendo of some variety.

Shortly afterward I delved into the world of homebrew.

Many people don't know this but there are several web browsers which take advantage of the NDS's wifi capabillities. One of the best is the opera browser. The new NDSi's actually all come with the OB built in.

Recently (like just today) the first MMPORG was announced. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=153194 It utilizes CSS, Javascript and PHP abillities of the OB apparantly (like I really know what any of those are). Many people probably think this is no big deal but it got me thinking.. it might not be that much work to port Wyvern to an NDS playable version.. seeing as how this game allready has a mobile version.

If wyvern were playable on the Opera Browser I am positive the homebrew community would be all over this game.

I humbly ask the wizards to at least take a look at this.. just at the slight possibillity that the effort to pay-off ratio would be worth it.

Peace
-Beckhan

Last edited by Beckhan : 01-19-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Razen

Yeah, I am sure Rhialto has plenty of time to do this, with all of the money he is getting from Wyvern...

I am not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Deaf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

lol as soon as R sells his game to Nintendo
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 AM

You both miss the point. I am asking code wizzies who know what javascript and PHP are to see if it would be easy to get the game to run on the Opera Browser.

That's all..
Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckhan View Post
You both miss the point. I am asking code wizzies who know what javascript and PHP are to see if it would be easy to get the game to run on the Opera Browser.

That's all..
The only "code" wizard who could look into this /accomplish this *is* Rhialto.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Myself has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Does Java run on NDS Opera?

If it does, then this just becomes an issue of making a Wyvern client in applet form -- or rather, taking the standard client, and doing slight modification to the GUI code. Porting between Java standalone programs and embeddable applets has been fairly easy in my experience, although there can be some more thorny issues involved which could complicate, most of which I am not aware of (one minor one is that applets are ordinarily forbidden from accessing the clipboard for security reasons).

You could actually do this yourself with very basic Java skills. Just decompile the client, change a few lines, recompile, put on a web page, voila!

I would not be surprised if decompiling the client is against the user agreement though, so I'd check before actually doing it.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:02 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post

If it does, then this just becomes an issue of making a Wyvern client in applet form -- or rather, taking the standard client, and doing slight modification to the GUI code. Porting between Java standalone programs and embeddable applets has been fairly easy in my experience, although there can be some more thorny issues involved which could complicate, most of which I am not aware of (one minor one is that applets are ordinarily forbidden from accessing the clipboard for security reasons).

You could actually do this yourself with very basic Java skills. Just decompile the client, change a few lines, recompile, put on a web page, voila!

I would not be surprised if decompiling the client is against the user agreement though, so I'd check before actually doing it.

See, this is where it gets over my head. I always heard that Opera did not support Flash and java video?.., yet this program uses Opera's existing java capabillities.. so is there a difference between java script and full blown java?

Thanks so much for responding though because my inital thought is somewhere contained in your post, that it shouldn't be that difficult for someone who knows what they are doing. Sadly, java scripting is never something I have come close to.

Uhm, Teshuvah or R or anyone.. would decompiling te client in an attempt to make an NDS client be something that others would be allowed to do?

I'm currently playing POWDER (rogulike) on my NDS. I would MUCH rather be playing wyvern on it.

Edit.. when you google NDS and MMPORG guess what comes up first? It's a sign I tell you!

Last edited by Beckhan : 01-24-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post

You're aware that this would be a breach of copyright?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckhan View Post
Uhm, Teshuvah or R or anyone.. would decompiling te client in an attempt to make an NDS client be something that others would be allowed to do?

!
Valkon already addressed this.
This would be against copyright and also against the user agreement you "Agree" to when you join.
So the only thing I can suggest is get permission from Rhialto himself.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:38 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You sparked my curiosity about this and I did some googling.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70661

That is the most interesting thread I found concerning Java on DS. I would suspect you can run Wyvern in its current form on an NDS with the right mods for interpreting the Java. It would probably be so slow that it became unplayable, but I bet it could run.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Bow and arrow

That's why they sell memory upgrades as a slot 2 cart.

I wanna try it.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM

dorion has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Interesting stuff. Especially with some of my free time projects.

The Opera Mini browser is built on Java ME, a specialized version of Java meant for miniature devices like your cell phone. Technically you can run a custom app on the Nintendo DS. It would be fun and all. It is along the same lines as what I'm thinking of, an IPhone Wyvern Client.

But thats all cloud dreams.

The real problem with writing a client for me is the question: Is it worth my time?
I gave up on being a wizard long ago. I gave up on being a player long ago. And I'm not unique. Even Rhialto has given up. I'm weighing my options but there is no reason to make a new client unless it is used. The game can reach 100 people again if there is enough stimulus.

Oh and making a PHP and Javascript client would be hellish.

OH and Javascript and Java are not the same thing and are not compatible.

OHH and you don't need a wizard to make a client.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 AM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Speaking of creating a client...
Are the two pages R. wrote about making one up to date?
http://www.cabochon.com/wiz/clients
http://www.cabochon.com/wiz/client_protocol

Because, if they are there are some interesting facts on there
1) When you send the server 2 short values (width and heigth of the view screen), the maximum you can send is 13, meaning we can have bigger screens. However, there are currently 64 squares in your viewing screen. If you ask for a viewing screen with a width and heigth of 13 squares, you'd have 169 squares. Thats not much less then 3 times more squares, all filled with data that have to be sent to your client.
(http://www.cabochon.com/wiz/client_protocol#Initial_)

2) Also under that initial handshaking. There still is an example of what Version you need to contact the server. The two examples here are Java Webstart 1.1 and PDA IPaq 2.2 . As far as I know, these two don't exist anymore.

3) When I send the data to the server like told there (also under initial handshaking), I get the following output
PORT = 2222 (graphical)
bash-3.00$ java TestClient
Starting while...
Server:ncorrect password.
Server:
bash-3.00$
Note that the "Starting while..." and the "Server: " is something I put there.
When I octal dumped the output, this is what you get
Code:
0000000   S   t   a   r   t   i   n   g       w   h   i   l   e   .   .
0000020   .  \n   S   e   r   v   e   r   : 002  \0  \0 033  \0 001  \0
0000040 001 004  \0  \0 023   I   n   c   o   r   r   e   c   t       p
0000060   a   s   s   w   o   r   d   .  \n   S   e   r   v   e   r   :
0000100  \0  \0  \0  \n
Looking at the ASCII table (http://www.unix-manuals.com/refs/misc/ascii-table.html) we can see the 004 the server sends (4th line there) is an "end of transmission", with more information after this.
I might be using the wrong crypt(), but I doubt it. I tried this with my username and password, not the ones you'll see in the code at the end of this post.

PORT=2000(non graphical)
For this one, it just keeps looping. After all the (outdated) information about the game it enters the loop. If you connect via telnet to that port it asks you for a username and password. It doesn't do this now though.

The code I used for these examples can be found here:
http://studwww.ugent.be/~gdjacobs/java/TestClient.java
http://studwww.ugent.be/~gdjacobs/java/Crypt.java

Ofcourse, the things I wrote here might all be rubbish, because of my lacking java skills
Old 02-21-2009, 02:45 PM

The second page is most correct so far. I've connected to wyvern with my python client after spoofing the client as the standard java client. It then barraged me with my inventory data... ill get through that one day.

About your password problem, read up on crypt. The lack of a python crypt function for windows makes me sad! I suggest looking into the version of crypt that Steve uses: http://www.dynamic.net.au/christos/crypt/JCrypt.txt, you still need to find out what the "salt" is.
I'm just grabbing my crypted password from the regular client and sending that.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:52 PM

The salt should be any random string of 2 characters. Thanks for that JCrypt though.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuno Besar View Post
The salt should be any random string of 2 characters. Thanks for that JCrypt though.
Well now that you helped me think the salt is: Wy
DUH! It's the game Wyvern
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 PM

Should've read your post earlier and save me 5minutes, BUT! ;p

Code:
Testing with password: password(default | uppercase | lowercase)
1: "Gr"  -> GrKLrj8sBniP6 | grIjHwSlIizo2 | GRepisZNv.tcY
2: "uZ"  -> uZVYTQG7vO/AQ | uz2.nRNvEdMwQ | UZ8kfkzdGoYTQ
3: "zS"  -> zSUzM/ulUNs0o | zs9RZQrI/0aH2 | ZSPNdQKgnoC5I
4: "pC"  -> pCqQfueYlkAxo | pcqjgXYNW61qU | PC1ijARWuO4hE
5: "Nx"  -> NxTd.iBYruvMk | nxz2xIegZ0Ytc | NXUEpstgk4Z2I
6: "jg"  -> jgb5MWcT7AYc2 | jgb5MWcT7AYc2 | JGLpFXLPtTBJ6
7: "Az"  -> AzSzB2uy8JFlk | azoV33FJ2h3AA | AZ1YI30i2lsIk
8: "gd"  -> gd6TEO7jj3geU | gd6TEO7jj3geU | GDk75T5aOub12
9: "Cy"  -> CyPXHszYbc3zU | cyyWnDQ8wHbdQ | CYqqxAmF0Wp9.
10: "Zq"  -> ZqwEk7mwPRq4. | zqDuxpWs/j1bA | ZQg7C2q0JBCJU
Those are some tests I did with the salt basically. The "salt" is always the first 2 numbers of your returned String, so they could be random.

Thanks alot though Dorion .
Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Ariful has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Will Wyvern be able to be Playable on the ipod touch or iphone?