Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
Archers are only 1 of 8 guilds. 6 of which are melee.

There are only a few LQs at the moment. So it's only logical that the majority of LQs is melee based.

btw. Marchus LQ was just won by a mage. Just as a mage did very well during the last full gauntlet.
Which really says Wizards did listen years ago about Janicas lqs being ridiculously melee-friendly only. And have, some years ago and even now, continue to work to give other guilds/specialities fun in the LQ system, even if it is an extremely small part of the game.

Again, just because there are some LQs Archers can't win, just means ....absolutely nothing actually
Old 01-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Well, now that that is settled, I look forward to having this exact conversation again three months from now. ^_^
Old 01-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Joca has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Be sure to add, in your opinion, because I gave you a list of things archers are better at.
<Archers excel at standing back and doing damage without taking damage, with the added benefit of not burning loot like the mages with the same benefit.>
No they don't. Mages excel at standing back and doing damage without taking damage.
They don't burn loot. I guess that's a plus...

<They are very good money makers compared to mages.
They should (if they are any good and experienced) die less than melee...
Thus being much better at leveling if they are the best runners in the game as they should be. (and given the proper training areas, archers do need to be very selective when training)>

Better at making money than mages, but not melee. So no, archers don't excel at that. Because they should theoretically die less than melee (Very well maybe the opposite), doesn't mean that they would be the faster levelers. Maybe in the earlier levels, but the higher the level, the harder it is for archers. A prime reason would be because to be able to compete XP wise at higher levels, you have to RD. Archery doesn't compare to melee when it comes to RDs, and I explained that earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
Archers are only 1 of 8 guilds. 6 of which are melee.

There are only a few LQs at the moment. So it's only logical that the majority of LQs is melee based.
Yep.. Makes sense.. So like I said, melee excels at LQs. No argument there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Which really says Wizards did listen years ago about Janicas lqs being ridiculously melee-friendly only. And have, some years ago and even now, continue to work to give other guilds/specialities fun in the LQ system, even if it is an extremely small part of the game.

Again, just because there are some LQs Archers can't win, just means ....absolutely nothing actually
LQs aren't an "extremely small part of the game". I'm pretty sure players put a pretty high value on LQs. I know I did, and so did most of my friends. A few of them actually created characters based around winning LQs. Of course I can't speak for the whole Wyvern community, but having been part of it, you can't say it's an extremely small part of the game.

When I used to play, every time there was an LQ, even if it was one of those automated ones, people got excited. an "extremely small part of the game" wouldn't do that. Sorry for that rant.

But with that being said, you claim that some LQs Archers can't win, it means absolutely nothing. Emphasis on the -can't- . No, it means that it's another aspect of the game archers don't excel at.

Once again, I NEVER, or at least I don't remember saying Archers are HARD. If I did, then I take it back.

All I am saying is that everyone else has SOMETHING that they're fundamentally better at than the rest, except archers.

If you come up with something significant that without a doubt archers excel in, then I promise i'll shut up.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 AM

Location: Somewhere where internet connection will not support wyvern
Mustard has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

So this thread lost everything about the Archer's Guild being too weak... and became Archers in general suck...Soooo that leads me to the conclusion that the Archer's Guild is fine. next topic!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Arrows aren't weak, and neither are archers. 20 FW and 40 ranged will give you impales almost without fail.

I do agree that archers aren't so great at PvP, though. People move faster than monsters.

Also, archers excel in getting fireflies.

Last edited by Halloween : 01-02-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM

Huggz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Arrows should fly about 5x faster. Has anyone here ever fired an arrrow or seen one fired in real life?? They go VERY fast and are undodgeable. If you are standing facing someone 20 feet away, and they fire an arrow directly at you without telling you when they were going to release it, you couldnt dodge it.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:24 AM

zephiel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default I noticed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggz View Post
Arrows should fly about 5x faster. Has anyone here ever fired an arrrow or seen one fired in real life?? They go VERY fast and are undodgeable. If you are standing facing someone 20 feet away, and they fire an arrow directly at you without telling you when they were going to release it, you couldnt dodge it.
I can't tell if I am seeing things, but I noticed that when the Orcs and Half-Orcs fire their arrows, the arrows come at you almost instantly like it's 2-3 times faster. Not to mention they can fire diagonally and it ricochets (bounces off walls or is gliding along the walls as it flies diagonally towards it), Whereas player archers can only fire North, West, South, and East direction. Maybe implement a system where you hold shift and click the area you want to fire at so that way your arrows fly diagonally like those orcs.

Now for my opinion: Oddly enough though, I love Wyvern for the fact that you can multi-class in a PvE situation. For example, my character is meant for melee, but I would also carry a bow and ready it with maybe 100+ arrows. There was this one situation where I came across a umberhulk, and I'm like a L6 that time. the moment it cast confuse and hit me with it, I thought to myself I am not fighting this thing up close since I know I will lose, so I ran back and start firing arrows at it, taking it down with "0 Range skill". Quite frankly range is already that powerful and it is like what "everybody who support archers being already strong as they are" said, it comes down to how well the player plays the role of the archer. I mean look at me, I'm a melee who is using range, woohoo! Albeit I have terrible accuracy but 1 out of 3-5 arrows will hit.

There are still some things I haven't explored in this game yet, Is there a guild for Hurlers/Throwing? It's a real pity you can't throw axes and swords to deal damage like in some movies. Throwing your shield like a frisbee of pain would sound pretty cool too, and maybe boomerangs.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Done and done (as of 10 years ago)...

Quote:
fire the weapon by shift + direction (e.g. shift+Y to fire to the northwest)
Quote:
You can also fire ranged weapons in arbitrary directions. Hold the "Shift" key down while left clicking your mouse on the target. This helps because you don't have to be in a direct line with the target, so you can partially shield yourself behind obstacles in the map.
http://cabochon.com/player/combat#Range